PDA

View Full Version : Looks like us and Ole Miss are only two SEC schools without a National Championship

ShotgunDawg
06-25-2014, 11:13 PM
Texas A&M won one in football and Missouri won one in baseball in 1954

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 11:14 PM

Doesn't count. They weren't with us then**

Skydawg1
06-25-2014, 11:15 PM
Ole Miss has 2 Football NC's!!!!!2@@!#

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 11:17 PM
Ole Miss has 2 Football NC's!!!!!2@@!#

I literally just laughed out loud. Good stuff

hacker
06-25-2014, 11:39 PM
I literally just laughed out loud. Good stuff

If you watch the video of the football team cheering for the baseball team's win, inside their locker room, on the wall it says NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 19xx 19xx ...

Crazy.

Coach34
06-26-2014, 05:46 AM
If you watch the video of the football team cheering for the baseball team's win, inside their locker room, on the wall it says NATIONAL CHAMPIONS 19xx 19xx ...

Crazy.

Ole Miss does not have an AP or UPI (coaches poll) national championship- which is what makes a NC legit. Now Simon & Schuster, Nabisco, Johnson & Johnson, and Chevron Oil may have awarded them one- but so what? Would be like Lindy's or Ladies Home Journal awarding them a title today.

messageboardsuperhero
06-26-2014, 08:06 AM
Ole Miss does not have an AP or UPI (coaches poll) national championship- which is what makes a NC legit. Now Simon & Schuster, Nabisco, Johnson & Johnson, and Chevron Oil may have awarded them one- but so what? Would be like Lindy's or Ladies Home Journal awarding them a title today.

Don't forget the Dunkel poll... Whatever the **** that is.

codeDawg
06-26-2014, 08:39 AM

It is no coincidence the two poorest schools in the SEC have the least athletic success.

A&M has no excuse to only have one NC.

jalakin
06-26-2014, 09:36 AM
Not to say you are wrong, but I believe that the NCAA recognizes one of their "championships". Which gives it some ligitimacy despite the lack of a major poll vote. I would be pushing for recognition for the 1941 football team, but that is just me.

Coach34
06-26-2014, 09:57 AM
The NCAA does not award college football championships. It doesn't matter what they recognize

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 10:05 AM
Why couldn't Polk of won a CWS when he went a bazillion times? It amazes me how he was never able to win it. Shit, he had Brantley, Thigpen, Palmeiro, and Clark and could not win the 85 CWS? That had to be one of the most talented college baseball teams in the history of the CWS and he couldn't win it then?

ShotgunDawg
06-26-2014, 10:09 AM
I just find it funny how Ole Miss fans are so attached to 3 mythical National Championships that happened before most of them were born. I mean.....who gives a flying shit? You haven't done anything in 40+ years.

I could really care less what they claim, because something that happened before you were born is something that is pretty stupid to make a big deal about.

Coach34
06-26-2014, 10:13 AM
Why couldn't Polk of won a CWS when he went a bazillion times? It amazes me how he was never able to win it. Shit, he had Brantley, Thigpen, Palmeiro, and Clark and could not win the 85 CWS? That had to be one of the most talented college baseball teams in the history of the CWS and he couldn't win it then?

Dead Indians got us that year. We were beating Texas and our SP- Gene Morgan took a line drive to the shin- wasn't the same after. But even with that- still no excuse for us to lose in the CWS that year. Hell, the other game we lost was Thigpen blowing a 3 run lead in the 9th