PDA

View Full Version : And there it is...

Skydawg1
06-25-2014, 11:00 PM
another SEC team not named "Mississippi State" wins the CWS.

MarketingBully01
06-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Yep, we choked when we got on that stage last year.

Goat Holder
06-25-2014, 11:03 PM
Yep, it sucks pretty bad. I really think we are the most cursed fan base in the country.

bluelightstar
06-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Was not rooting for Vandy. Now we're the only team left without a title in a Big 3 sport...

msstate7
06-25-2014, 11:07 PM
Was not rooting for Vandy. Now we're the only team left without a title in a Big 3 sport...

The drought will end in January (fingers crossed)

Dawg61
06-25-2014, 11:35 PM
We'll win a NC in the next ten years in baseball. I'm confident.

chainedup_Dawg
06-25-2014, 11:44 PM

Can't tell if serious

hacker
06-26-2014, 12:52 AM
Can't tell if serious

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/131/399/fry.PNG?1307468855

mstatefan91
06-26-2014, 12:55 AM
If you don't believe then well you aren't a USMNT fan! #Ibelieve #WeDidThatIn2012 #ItDidNotWork

DownwardDawg
06-26-2014, 06:02 AM
We'll win a NC in the next ten years in baseball. I'm confident.

I agree. I seriously think we'll win more than one in baseball pretty soon.

DownwardDawg
06-26-2014, 06:04 AM
Yep, we choked when we got on that stage last year.

No, we didn't choke. We got soundly beat by a much better team. They would have beaten us 7 out of 10 times at least. UCLA was head and shoulders better than anybody in that tournament last year. Their pitching and defense was sick.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 09:14 AM
UCLA was head and shoulders better than anybody in that tournament last year. Their pitching and defense was sick.

I agree that we didn't choke, but this statement is not correct. The won the ch'ip, but they weren't head and shoulders above anybody. They wouldn't have sniffed the title in Rosenblatt.

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 09:22 AM
No, we didn't choke. We got soundly beat by a much better team. They would have beaten us 7 out of 10 times at least. UCLA was head and shoulders better than anybody in that tournament last year. Their pitching and defense was sick.

Uh, yes we did. The moment was too big for us. The team that took the field against UCLA was much different then the team that played and beat OSU twice. We completely forgot all of our fundamentals and looked deer in the headlights for that series. It also didn't help that we started Graveman in a game that we shouldn't have when we should have held him out to start against UCLA. I doubt they even score against him and we win 1-0 in that first game but I digress. Virginia was 10x the team Vandy was and Vandy beat them. We were a better team then UCLA but their coach out coached and out prepared our coaches in that series plain and simple.

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 09:24 AM

Yeah, UCLA was head and shoulders above OSU who beat them head to head and took the series against them and if OSU would have made the championship series would have swept UCLA.

maroonmania
06-26-2014, 09:24 AM
Oh well, all I can say at this point is better Vandy than OM.

DownwardDawg
06-26-2014, 09:25 AM
I agree that we didn't choke, but this statement is not correct. The won the ch'ip, but they weren't head and shoulders above anybody. They wouldn't have sniffed the title in Rosenblatt.

Let me re-phrase. They were much better than anybody AT THE CWS. They would have been beaten in a lot of ballparks, but not that one. They were a very solid team though.

DownwardDawg
06-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Yeah, UCLA was head and shoulders above OSU who beat them head to head and took the series against them and if OSU would have made the championship series would have swept UCLA.

So you're saying that we are better than Vandy this year since we should have swept them and beat them 17-2? Are you saying that ole miss was better than us last year? Creighton was better than us this year? Just trying to understand your logic.

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 09:32 AM
There is no logic to your point if you didn't think we didn't choke the championship series last year. Hey, it's great we got there and everything but our goal should have been to win the thing once we got there. We allowed the moment to get to us thereby choking the series away. I think the majority of our fans deep down agree with me that we didn't put our best foot forward once we were on the stage. Surely you don't think a team that had averaged 2-1 wins the whole post season is really 8-0 better then us?

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 09:34 AM
So you're saying that we are better than Vandy this year since we should have swept them and beat them 17-2? Are you saying that ole miss was better than us last year? Creighton was better than us this year? Just trying to understand your logic.

No, we didn't even make the CWS. You said UCLA was head and shoulders better then anyone in the CWS. OSU was in the CWS and I was making a point. Had OSU beaten us to make the championship series, OSU would have beaten UCLA.

I seen it dawg
06-26-2014, 09:41 AM

Well good for them the games aren't played in Rosenblatt.

I seen it dawg
06-26-2014, 09:42 AM
Uh, yes we did. The moment was too big for us. The team that took the field against UCLA was much different then the team that played and beat OSU twice. We completely forgot all of our fundamentals and looked deer in the headlights for that series. It also didn't help that we started Graveman in a game that we shouldn't have when we should have held him out to start against UCLA. I doubt they even score against him and we win 1-0 in that first game but I digress. Virginia was 10x the team Vandy was and Vandy beat them. We were a better team then UCLA but their coach out coached and out prepared our coaches in that series plain and simple.

When you don't win the championship when it's a tournament of attrition you are not the better team.

DownwardDawg
06-26-2014, 09:44 AM
No, we didn't even make the CWS. You said UCLA was head and shoulders better then anyone in the CWS. OSU was in the CWS and I was making a point. Had OSU beaten us to make the championship series, OSU would have beaten UCLA.

I'll agree to disagree. UCLA was the best team in Omaha last year in my opinion. We beat OSU twice. We didn't come close to beating UCLA.

DownwardDawg
06-26-2014, 09:46 AM
There is no logic to your point if you didn't think we didn't choke the championship series last year. Hey, it's great we got there and everything but our goal should have been to win the thing once we got there. We allowed the moment to get to us thereby choking the series away. I think the majority of our fans deep down agree with me that we didn't put our best foot forward once we were on the stage. Surely you don't think a team that had averaged 2-1 wins the whole post season is really 8-0 better then us?

I'm pretty sure if you ask Cohen and the players they would tell you that their goal was to win it, not just play in it.

Does Goat have two user names??????

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 09:53 AM
Haha, good one. Yeah, let's agree to disagree. I know that Cohen and team's goal was to win it however when you don't show up mentally and you pitch your best starter before the championship series so he doesn't even pitch in the most important series of the year, you kind of don't put your best foot forward. I am sure if Cohen had to do it over again, odds are good he doesn't pitch Graveman against OSU that Friday.

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 09:57 AM
When you don't win the championship when it's a tournament of attrition you are not the better team.

It wasn't a tournament of attrition for UCLA. They had their two best starters lined up for the championship series. We didn't even though both teams went undefeated. The biggest mistake Cohen made IMO was starting Graveman on that Friday game against OSU. I am 100% positive if he had to do it over again, he would have started Graveman game 1 against UCLA.

Maroons
06-26-2014, 09:57 AM
another SEC team not named "Mississippi State" wins the CWS.

You make it sound like 12 other teams have done it. Vandy is only the 4th SEC team to win it.

I seen it dawg
06-26-2014, 02:53 PM
It wasn't a tournament of attrition for UCLA. They had their two best starters lined up for the championship series. We didn't even though both teams went undefeated. The biggest mistake Cohen made IMO was starting Graveman on that Friday game against OSU. I am 100% positive if he had to do it over again, he would have started Graveman game 1 against UCLA.

They played in the same tournament we did...

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 02:56 PM

If he hadn't started Graveman OSU would have beaten our ass.

We played the tournament exactly as it should have been played. If we had won Game 1 vs. UCLA, Graveman was going to start Game 2. The only reason he didn't at that point was just to give him more rest, because we'd have had to play a 3rd game (and start a 3rd pitcher) anyway. So it didn't matter.

You sound like a buffoon trying to make this argument. Just stop.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 03:00 PM

You're just being a dickhead. You know what he means. I don't agree with the other stuff he says, but the better team doesn't always win. That's the problem with college football especially in years like 2011, people were looking for the 'better' team instead of determining a champion on the field.

Don't worry though, we expect it from you. And thanks again for pointing out that the CWS isn't at Rosenblatt anymore. Big help.

I seen it dawg
06-26-2014, 03:05 PM
You're just being a dickhead. You know what he means. I don't agree with the other stuff he says, but the better team doesn't always win. That's the problem with college football especially in years like 2011, people were looking for the 'better' team instead of determining a champion on the field.

Don't worry though, we expect it from you. And thanks again for pointing out that the CWS isn't at Rosenblatt anymore. Big help.

Well we aren't talking about football either. And I'm being a dickhead because I'm right? I'll take it every day. I can't help it if you're wrong about most of the shit you post. Defend your own turf and let the other guy defend his. God knows you have your hands full.

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 03:14 PM
If he hadn't started Graveman OSU would have beaten our ass.

We played the tournament exactly as it should have been played. If we had won Game 1 vs. UCLA, Graveman was going to start Game 2. The only reason he didn't at that point was just to give him more rest, because we'd have had to play a 3rd game (and start a 3rd pitcher) anyway. So it didn't matter.

You sound like a buffoon trying to make this argument. Just stop.

It's not a given OSU would have beaten us in that Friday game if we didn't start Graveman just like it wasn't a given that UNC would have beaten UCLA if they didn't start Plantko that Friday either. The UCLA coach took a calculated risk and got away with it. We played it safe and paid for it in the end. I am not looking like a buffoon arguing this point because we lost the series and didn't even start our best starting pitcher. If you ask me, Cohen looks like the buffoon here.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 03:18 PM
Well we aren't talking about football either. And I'm being a dickhead because I'm right? I'll take it every day. I can't help it if you're wrong about most of the shit you post. Defend your own turf and let the other guy defend his. God knows you have your hands full.

You ain't right about shit, which is probably the reason you're getting all defensive and trying to deflect by being an even bigger dickhead.

Want to know why you're wrong? Oregon State was the #1 overall seed, thus they were the 'best' team throughout the whole regular season. But you play postseason tournaments to determine a champion, not to determine the best team. Therefore, Vanderbilt was not the best team. Champions aren't always the best. So your argument is worthless.

Want to know why I related it to football? Because Alabama was the 'best' team in 2011, although they shouldn't have been the champion. They lost to LSU in November on the field, they should have been eliminated as long as LSU stayed undefeated.

Get out your Webster's dictionary and learn the definition of 'better'.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 03:20 PM
It's not a given OSU would have beaten us in that Friday game if we didn't start Graveman just like it wasn't a given that UNC would have beaten UCLA if they didn't start Plantko that Friday either. The UCLA coach took a calculated risk and got away with it. We played it safe and paid for it in the end. I am not looking like a buffoon arguing this point because we lost the series and didn't even start our best starting pitcher. If you ask me, Cohen looks like the buffoon here.

Vanderbilt did NOT take that calculated risk, and beat Virginia, who DID take that calculated risk. You're wrong.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 03:28 PM
You ain't right about shit, which is probably the reason you're getting all defensive and trying to deflect by being an even bigger dickhead.

Want to know why you're wrong? Oregon State was the #1 overall seed, thus they were the 'best' team throughout the whole regular season. But you play postseason tournaments to determine a champion, not to determine the best team. Therefore, Vanderbilt was not the best team. Champions aren't always the best. So your argument is worthless.

Want to know why I related it to football? Because Alabama was the 'best' team in 2011, although they shouldn't have been the champion. They lost to LSU in November on the field, they should have been eliminated as long as LSU stayed undefeated.

North Carolina was the #1 seed in 2013; OSU was #3

MarketingBully01
06-26-2014, 03:30 PM
Vanderbilt did NOT take that calculated risk, and beat Virginia, who DID take that calculated risk. You're wrong.

Vanderbilt also got beat by Texas and had to play one more game and was gifted a 9 run inning by Virginia in Game 1. Had that not happened, they wouldn't have pitched their best pitcher and lost in two games as well. But in general when you are in the winner"a bracket, you try to save your best pitcher for game 1 of the championship series. Even John Savage, the UCLA coach, said that was a huge advantage they had from the first time they played in the championship series and he purposely used that strategy because he learned that from the first time they were in the series against USC. They didn't have it line up like that and lost it. So take it from the horses mouth or don't but it was a strategy by the winning coaching staff at UCLA.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
North Carolina was the #1 seed in 2013; OSU was #3

Thanks for the insight. Oregon State was #1 THIS year there, dipshit. You're awful nit-picky, I guess because I made you look dumb in the Golson thread.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 03:52 PM
I guess because I made you look dumb in the Golson thread.

You did? I must have missed that, Simple Jack.

DudyDawg
06-26-2014, 04:27 PM
Thanks for the insight. Oregon State was #1 THIS year there, dipshit. You're awful nit-picky, I guess because I made you look dumb in the Golson thread.

Hell yeah. Making people look bad on the internet. Nice!

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 05:26 PM
Hell yeah. Making people look bad on the internet. Nice!

In his world, he's the coolest, bra*****

http://horsjeu.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/tumblr_lnczadTeKC1qlv2xjo1_500.gif

BossDawg
06-26-2014, 05:44 PM
Well, people who believe OM's National Championships are legit have simply gone full potato.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Well, people who believe OM's National Championships are legit have simply gone full potato.

That's an easy one. I had the same conversation with an OM buddy of mine.

"We've got 3 NC's"

"Ok.....how many of those "championship" teams were ranked #1 in either the AP or Coaches poll at the end of the year?"

"Errrr.......I don...[interrupted]"

"[Me interrupting him] None.....not once....not ever, so piss off"

I seen it dawg
06-26-2014, 07:14 PM

i know this is germans but you are one of the worst posters on this board.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 07:22 PM
i know this is germans but you are one of the worst posters on this board.

He is the quintessential "troll".

On top of that, when Ole Miss people talk about their idea of the stereotypical MSU fan; It's Goat who they're talking about.

hacker
06-27-2014, 02:38 AM

I don't think he's a troll. He's not doing it to elicit a reaction. He seriously believes the shit he says.

On top of that, when Ole Miss people talk about their idea of the stereotypical MSU fan; It's Goat who they're talking about.

This is a very good point.

MarketingBully01
06-27-2014, 09:19 AM

Well, the one thing he does is he always assumes we lose no matter what sport no matter what we do and that is typical poor ole MSU.