PDA

View Full Version : Good for Vandy!

Bucky Dog
06-25-2014, 10:57 PM
I know some on here were really wanting VA to win and I'm not really sure why. I want every SEC team to win a championship and when they are playing out of conference cep for the Bears!

MarketingBully01
06-25-2014, 11:00 PM
When Vanderbilt wins, it makes it harder on us because we recruit against them. That is why people didn't want them to win.

Dawg61
06-25-2014, 11:01 PM
Remember when we beat the piss out of Vandy this year in baseball? Lol

Goat Holder
06-25-2014, 11:02 PM
f*ck you, this shit sucks. Take the SEC chant and shove it up your ass.

Dawg61
06-25-2014, 11:04 PM
When Vanderbilt wins, it makes it harder on us because we recruit against them. That is why people didn't want them to win.

We basically recruit nationally at this point with an emphasis in the south and that includes recruiting against Virginia too. Vandy winning helps the SEC brand and will help get more SEC baseball games on tv increasing every schools revenue. The SEC winning NC always helps MSU because we share revenues with the other 13. Just like the money goes up in football it does in baseball too with this new network. ACC still hasn't won a natty in baseball since Wake Forest 50 years ago.

messageboardsuperhero
06-25-2014, 11:05 PM
Screw conference pride- we recruit against Vandy, so their success isn't exactly good for us.

What really stings me about this is that we actually beat this team two of three- and really probably should have swept them if not for some bad defensive miscues. We really could have been so much better this year... But those injuries on the mound and inconsistent offense costed us too many close games.

Dawg61
06-25-2014, 11:08 PM

How many times in the last 5 minutes alone did the announcers, ESPN and SportsCenter say the SEC name and the continued dominance of the SEC? A bunch and that was just the last 5 minutes. Winning National Titles strengthens the SEC brand. This helps MSU more than having increased tougher recruiting vs Vandy hurts us.

Todd4State
06-25-2014, 11:11 PM
How many times in the last 5 minutes alone did the announcers, ESPN and SportsCenter say the SEC name and the continued dominance of the SEC? A bunch and that was just the last 5 minutes. Winning National Titles strengthens the SEC brand. This helps MSU more than having increased tougher recruiting vs Vandy hurts us.

It helps in some ways and it hurts in some ways. I agree with that.

The fact that we are in the best conference in America is what helps us get players like Gavin Collins from California, which in turn helps us in the postseason.

State82
06-25-2014, 11:13 PM
I know some on here were really wanting VA to win and I'm not really sure why. I want every SEC team to win a championship and when they are playing out of conference cep for the Bears!

I pull for 2 teams. MSU and whoever might benefit MSU if they win. Nobody else. Period. Vandy winning tonight in no way benefits the baseball program at MSU. Nor does anyone else winning in the SEC improve our chances of winning. It only makes it more difficult. This is not a complicated concept.

Dawg61
06-25-2014, 11:17 PM
We beat Vandy 17-2 in a game this year.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/fls/16800/stats/bb/2014/ms0321.htm

Dawg61
06-25-2014, 11:29 PM
I pull for 2 teams. MSU and whoever might benefit MSU if they win. Nobody else. Period. Vandy winning tonight in no way benefits the baseball program at MSU. Nor does anyone else winning in the SEC improve our chances of winning. It only makes it more difficult. This is not a complicated concept.

Apparently it is complicated for you and many others. When MSU sits in the family room of a recruits house and shows his parents and him the success the SEC has had in baseball and the amount of players drafted in the last ten years and then any other school in the nation not in the SEC comes in and tries to show them the same presentation it comes up woefully short. We don't only recruit vs the SEC. When ESPN starts showing more baseball games on the SECNetwork and the ratings and advertising dollars increase each and every SEC school will get a cut of that from and for baseball. Just like our football money is blowing up our baseball money will be increasing BECAUSE of the strength of the SEC brand. More money for MSU. Easier recruiting vs 300+ other schools not in the SEC. Bad ass new shiny stadium is coming and the SEC brand being so strong is a big reason for this. So keep on saying SEC SEC SEC because the dollars keep rolling in for MSU.

Bark
06-25-2014, 11:30 PM

This. All day

Bark
06-25-2014, 11:34 PM
Remember when we beat the piss out of Vandy this year in baseball? Lol

Vandy could've said the same thing when we were there last year. It's about who gets hot at the right time, at the end of the day.

hacker
06-26-2014, 12:35 AM
I bet you're one of the buttholes that cheered S-E-C in Lafayette.

justwin
06-26-2014, 12:44 AM
I really like Vandy due to Corbin. He's a top 5 national coach..maybe even top 3. Year in and year out his teams continually improve @ every position. It would be super if Dan Mullen can do to MSU football what he's done for Vandy baseball.

Any SEC team except OM winning a NC is good for MSU. The rest of the country doesn't care about college baseball like the SEC. It hurts, but it's true.

Bucky Dog
06-26-2014, 06:08 AM
Apparently it is complicated for you and many others. When MSU sits in the family room of a recruits house and shows his parents and him the success the SEC has had in baseball and the amount of players drafted in the last ten years and then any other school in the nation not in the SEC comes in and tries to show them the same presentation it comes up woefully short. We don't only recruit vs the SEC. When ESPN starts showing more baseball games on the SECNetwork and the ratings and advertising dollars increase each and every SEC school will get a cut of that from and for baseball. Just like our football money is blowing up our baseball money will be increasing BECAUSE of the strength of the SEC brand. More money for MSU. Easier recruiting vs 300+ other schools not in the SEC. Bad ass new shiny stadium is coming and the SEC brand being so strong is a big reason for this. So keep on saying SEC SEC SEC because the dollars keep rolling in for MSU.
This is what I believe as well. Do we go against some of the same recruits? Yes, but as someone else said, we go against every team just about for some of the same recruits. That has stopped us from having top 10 classes the past two years has it? Them winning is a plus for the SEC brand, which I am sure is one of the recruiting tools Cohen uses.
As I said, as long as OM doesn't do anything, I don't have a problem with the other teams winning in most cases. Does it help us all the time? Maybe, but anything to grow the brand an increase revenue helps us all, plus I am pretty confident in the direction of both our baseball and football programs.

chainedup_Dawg
06-26-2014, 08:41 AM

And now Vandy is added to the several others in the SEC that can sit on that same recruits couch and trump everything that MSU told that same recruit because "Oh golly, I just want the SEC to win". Branding helps, yes, but it's the players you put on the field that change your program. Rooting for a fellow conference team to win the championship is just plain ignorant. Yeah, the SEC winning is great and all but what the specific team does on the field is far more important and there is no arguing that.

Dawg61
06-26-2014, 08:47 AM
How many recruits in the last ten years have we lost out on in baseball to Vandy? How many have we lost out on to the other 300+ schools not named Vandy?

chainedup_Dawg
06-26-2014, 08:58 AM
How many recruits in the last ten years have we lost out on in baseball to Vandy? How many have we lost out on to the other 300+ schools not named Vandy?

It's not just Vandy, I guarantee you we have lost out on several of great recruits to LSU, SC, FL, UGA etc. Now you add Vandy to the mix. Not to mention, the guys we recruit against them for are more often than not program changing type guys. But hell, keep rooting for the other SEC teams to win it all before us but I prefer for us to get our own before them.

Todd4State
06-26-2014, 09:13 AM

Mookie Betts, Touki Touissant, and Dylan Cease. Only one of those will make it to school though. And then there is Brandt Stallings.

Michael Smith, the JUCO guy we just picked up was recruited by them.

We go head to head with them some simply because they are in Tennessee and both of us recruit Georgia.

State82
06-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Not to mention the scholly situation that you have to deal with when it comes to Vandy. That is the main gripe I have with them. They could never win a game in baseball and it would be fine with me.

Dawg61
06-26-2014, 09:39 AM
Ok and how many have we lost out on that aren't Vandy? A stronger ACC doesn't help MSU at all. A stronger SEC helps MSU infinitely more than a stronger ACC does. You guys want a $100 million dollar stadium yet want our conference to be CUSA piss poor. CUSA schools don't build $100 million dollar stadiums.