PDA

View Full Version : If Vandy doesn't win it today, they will next year...

Goat Holder
06-25-2014, 08:24 PM
Bueller, Fulmer and Feruson might all be 1st rounders.

MarketingBully01
06-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Bueller, Fulmer and Feruson might all be 1st rounders.

If it only were that easy to get back there....if they don't win it tonight, they may never win it.

MarketingBully01
06-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Their team last year was 10x better then their team this year and they didn't even get to the CWS. Makes me wish Polk could have at least won one when he went there a bazillion times. How the heck did the 85 team not win it when you had all that talent on it? Just makes you wonder what might have been.

BiscuitEater
06-25-2014, 08:39 PM
If Vandy doesn't win it today, they will next year.

Really tough to get back ... no matter 'who' teams have coming back.

UCLA won it all last year and finished 25 - 30 - 1 this year, didn't sniff a regional and had a nucleus coming back.

7 of the 8 teams that were at the CWS last year didn't make it back this year. Lone team that did make it back, Louisville, has gone 0-4 in their two years of CWS play despite having 'experience.'

DownwardDawg
06-25-2014, 08:50 PM
Their team last year was 10x better then their team this year and they didn't even get to the CWS. Makes me wish Polk could have at least won one when he went there a bazillion times. How the heck did the 85 team not win it when you had all that talent on it? Just makes you wonder what might have been.

Agree. That Vandy team last year was incredible. Much better than this year's team.

Goat Holder
06-25-2014, 08:59 PM
UCLA lost 2 stud pitchers....Vandy does not. Makes it much easier.

History backs me up. Spare me the 'it's so hard' BS. What's hard is assembling that type of pitching talent.

msstate7
06-25-2014, 09:08 PM

History backs me up. Spare me the 'it's so hard' BS. What's hard is assembling that type of pitching talent.

Things happen. If you asked everyone about beede last year, they'd told you he would be among best in country.

Coach34
06-25-2014, 09:21 PM

Vandy is losing a weekend starter and 1st round pick. Shit- Beede may be the only guy ever drafted in the 1st round twice. TWICE.

They went 26-3 in the SEC in 2013- best record ever...and didnt even make the CWS

Nothing about history backs you up

Goat Holder
06-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Vandy is losing a weekend starter and 1st round pick. They went 26-3 in the SEC in 2013- best record ever...and didnt even make the CWS

Nothing about history backs you up

Beede wasn't worth a shit this year. Try again.

Coach34
06-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Beede wasn't worth a shit this year. Try again.

Shit- Beede may be the only guy ever drafted in the 1st round twice. TWICE.

Goat Holder
06-25-2014, 09:37 PM
Shit- Beede may be the only guy ever drafted in the 1st round twice. TWICE.

Doesn't make a shit. No sense even arguing this, saying Beede was anywhere near their most productive pitcher is idiotic. He was drafted in measurables and potential. Pay better attention, slick.

hacker
06-25-2014, 09:52 PM
The two Virginia dudes that struck out with bases loaded looked so shitty. They reminded me of the kids the little league coach had to put in the game in the last inning so everyone on the team got an AB.

Coach34
06-25-2014, 09:56 PM
Doesn't make a shit. No sense even arguing this, saying Beede was anywhere near their most productive pitcher is idiotic. He was drafted in measurables and potential. Pay better attention, slick.

at no point anywhere in my post did I say he was their most productive pitcher. But losing him will hurt. He struck out more guys than anyone they had and threw more innings than anyone

Vandy is not going to win the NC next year. Try again, Slick

MarketingBully01
06-25-2014, 10:02 PM
The two Virginia dudes that struck out with bases loaded looked so shitty. They reminded me of the kids the little league coach had to put in the game in the last inning so everyone on the team got an AB.

What's worse is that Vandy pitcher may have only thrown two strikes. If they had just not swung the bat both would have walked and the flood gates might have come open.

MarketingBully01
06-25-2014, 10:02 PM
at no point anywhere in my post did I say he was their most productive pitcher. But losing him will hurt. He struck out more guys than anyone they had and threw more innings than anyone

Vandy is not going to win the NC next year. Try again, Slick

Agreed.

hacker
06-25-2014, 10:06 PM
What's worse is that Vandy pitcher may have only thrown two strikes. If they had just not swung the bat both would have walked and the flood gates might have come open.

Exactly! I was freaking out watching those two at bats. I called both strikeouts as soon as their first swings looked like they were too scared to swing.

Dawg61
06-25-2014, 10:17 PM
That you Tom Sizemore?

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i77/rypdal95/HeatBank1.jpg?t=1213394575

hacker
06-25-2014, 10:19 PM
Can't believe that dude just went yard. Vandy needs to lose.