PDA

View Full Version : Golson arrested

PassInterference
06-25-2014, 05:21 PM
http://blog.gulflive.com/mississippi-press-sports/2014/06/ole_miss_football_player_senqu.html

Disorderly conduct. At 4:30 AM.

Jacksondevildog
06-25-2014, 05:24 PM
He needs to get his ass back to the blessed land of Oxford.

Todd4State
06-25-2014, 05:25 PM
And there's another point in the Fulmer Cup standings.

deltadawg99
06-25-2014, 05:35 PM
A tweet saying that he has turned his life around and a few other bible verse references should do the trick

LC Dawg
06-25-2014, 05:38 PM
A tweet saying that he has turned his life around and a few other bible verse references should do the trick

And a trip to Haiti

spiritual_machine2005
06-25-2014, 05:42 PM
He disorderly conducted out of love.

Political Hack
06-25-2014, 05:46 PM
And a trip to Haiti

Haitian mission work on the Florida beaches is awesome.

Dallas_Dawg
06-25-2014, 05:47 PM
When I saw the headline, I thought it was Austin Golson and could already hear the Bears saying they knew he was a problem.
Nope, It was Senquez, their starting corner. Let the meltdown continue. It's going to be a long 6 weeks in Oxford for the nkemdiche boys to hold back from whipping frat boy asses.

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Bear execs already with the standard line of they're gathering all the facts before moving forward.

Am I the only one that finds it ironic that St. Freeze has all these players in trouble but the scientologist spawn of satan Mullen*** rarely has players in trouble.

CadaverDawg
06-25-2014, 05:54 PM
Yea, typically cops just walk away if you refuse to tell them who you are or what you're doing. Nice strategy, Quez. *

Jacksondevildog
06-25-2014, 05:56 PM
Surprised that he Didn't give the name, Senquez Manning. ***

BeardoMSU
06-25-2014, 06:02 PM
Gautier MS at 4:30 in the morning...Oh boy.....there's nothing legit going on at that hour.

Coach34
06-25-2014, 06:09 PM
Surprised that he Didn't give the name, Senquez Manning. ***

outstanding post

RougeDawg
06-25-2014, 06:50 PM
He got arrested out of love for the baseball team, as to take the spotlight away from their tainted season. Three "Our Fathers" and a tweet of repentance will set him free and back on to the field.

mic
06-25-2014, 07:05 PM
Same kid turned down 7 figures to play pro baseball.. It probably won't end well for him..

Jacksondevildog
06-25-2014, 07:12 PM
Easier to turn down 7 figures when you can get 6 figures, not be held accountable, not have to go to class, chase wild Caucasian women, and be an average secondary player in O town.

CadaverDawg
06-25-2014, 07:18 PM
When heppin goes wrong

http://ionetheurbandaily.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/wutang-corporate.gif?w=400&h=300

RossDawg82
06-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Gautier MS at 4:30 in the morning...Oh boy.....there's nothing legit going on at that hour.

I'm as die hard bulldog as anyone and I love to see ole miss fail. But this is some horseshit. What crime did the man commit here. What happened to constitutional rights. I understand that not a lot good happens at 4:30 in the morning, but the man is just standing there. There is no reason to arrest him unless they knew FOR FACT that he was up to some kind of wrong doing. I just have an issue with police who act like they are kings instead of servants, because that is what they are... Public servants.

Martianlander
06-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Freeze is going to handle internally, as usual. Punishment will probably be he has to wear a shirt.

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 07:35 PM
This sounds like a trumped up arrest. They couldn't actually find him doing anything wrong so they arrested him anyway for disorderly conduct whatever the **** that is. No Bear love here. I just can't stand cops abusing their authority.

Maroon Diapers
06-25-2014, 07:59 PM
Another notch on the timeline thread.

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2014, 08:19 PM
I'm as die hard bulldog as anyone and I love to see ole miss fail. But this is some horseshit. What crime did the man commit here. What happened to constitutional rights. I understand that not a lot good happens at 4:30 in the morning, but the man is just standing there. There is no reason to arrest him unless they knew FOR FACT that he was up to some kind of wrong doing. I just have an issue with police who act like they are kings instead of servants, because that is what they are... Public servants.

He was not arrested for no reason. He was arrested for not showing ID when asked for it. That was failure to obey a lawful command. When he started acting an ass on top of it they popped him for disorderly. When he was asked for ID if he had simply said "Yes Sir" and given it to him it would have never happened.

RC3
06-25-2014, 08:22 PM
My first thoughts as well. Especially if he was at his own residence

I seen it dawg
06-25-2014, 08:32 PM
Maybe if you're just a ****ing dumbass you should get arrested. Show your ID moron and you don't go to jail. Idiot.

Schultzy
06-25-2014, 08:36 PM
Maybe if you're just a ****ing dumbass you should get arrested. Show your ID moron and you don't go to jail. Idiot.

Or at least tell them your name, if you're really standing in your own damn yard at that hour. Maybe sometimes the police are just simply watching out for the neighborhood.

RC3
06-25-2014, 08:43 PM
Maybe the kid was up early for a workout or jog. How often do you carry your drivers license when you go out for a run?
I'm gonna give him the benefit of doubt, which is actually entitled to, on this one and see how it plays out

RossDawg82
06-25-2014, 08:44 PM
He was not arrested for no reason. He was arrested for not showing ID when asked for it. That was failure to obey a lawful command. When he started acting an ass on top of it they popped him for disorderly. When he was asked for ID if he had simply said "Yes Sir" and given it to him it would have never happened.

But why did they stop him in the first place. He was just standing there. So a cop can start asking any person they want to identify themselves? That a little to much power in my opinion. Just my thoughts.

RC3
06-25-2014, 08:48 PM
If I'm standing in my own yard and a cop rolls up and starts demanding info from me, I'd possibly lose it as well. I would comply in all likelihood but I'd be pissed about it

BiscuitEater
06-25-2014, 08:49 PM
What crime did the man commit here. What happened to constitutional rights.

Constitutional rights.

According to the article, he was simply asked to identify himself. So, instead of just telling the officer his name and that he had kin living nearby, he refused ... ergo, he was then arrested for refusing to comply to a lawful request.

It ain't rocket science.

msstate7
06-25-2014, 08:49 PM
If I'm standing in my own yard and a cop rolls up and starts demanding info from me, I'd possibly lose it as well. I would comply in all likelihood but I'd be pissed about it

So he was in his own yard?

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2014, 08:51 PM
But why did they stop him in the first place. He was just standing there. So a cop can start asking any person they want to identify themselves? That a little to much rope to allow that. Just my thoughts.
I think they do have the right to ask for ID at any time. Anything above that demands probable cause. However, the article never mentions exactly what he was doing. He may have just been standing there or he may have been doing something suspicious to attract attention. I'll always give a cop the benefit of the doubt. When we see them in uniform we know who they are. They have no idea who we are. We could just be out for a morning walk or we could be the president of the Jeffrey Dahmer fan club on our way to a chapter meeting and buffet. All they want to do is survive their shift and make it back to see their family so they assume everyone is the latter. Every time I've been pulled over or asked to show ID I complied and I've never once been arrested.

chainedup_Dawg
06-25-2014, 08:53 PM
But why did they stop him in the first place. He was just standing there. So a cop can start asking any person they want to identify themselves? That a little to much power in my opinion. Just my thoughts.

Actually, yes, they can. Think about it. A college aged kid standing in somebody's yard at 4:30 am. Put yourself in the officer's shoes. That doesn't seem suspicious to you? Officer's are trained to question suspicious activity. Questioning suspicious activity has a way of stopping a lot of stupid shit from going down. If they question it and the person doesn't comply it raises suspicion. There's no reason to not comply and send them on their way unless you're a douche and or up to no good.

Schultzy
06-25-2014, 08:55 PM

You wouldn't be appreciative that he was trying to keep your neighborhood safe? The article said he refused to even give his name.

RC3
06-25-2014, 08:55 PM
So he was in his own yard?

I thought that's what he tweeted. Could be mistaken though

RC3
06-25-2014, 08:58 PM
You wouldn't be appreciative that he was trying to keep your neighborhood safe? The article said he refused to even give his name.

No. Id feel offended that he was basically accusing me of doing something criminal.
But yes, you are required to identify yourself to an officer and if he refused to do it, the officer is likely within his rights to charge him.

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2014, 09:02 PM
No. Id feel offended that he was basically accusing me of doing something criminal.
But yes, you are required to identify yourself to an officer and if he refused to do it, the officer is likely within his rights to charge him.

I disagree he was being accused of wrong doing. He was just asked for ID. Do you feel you're being accused of a crime when you go through a roadblock and asked for your license?

Schultzy
06-25-2014, 09:02 PM

What then are patrol officers supposed to be doing at 4:30 a.m.? If it were high noon maybe get offended but the officer was more than likely just inquiring until he was told no I'm not telling you my name.

RC3
06-25-2014, 09:08 PM
I disagree he was being accused of wrong doing. He was just asked for ID. Do you feel you're being accused of a crime when you go through a roadblock and asked for your license?

Totally different then if you were standing in front of your house. To be honest, I do feel somewhat offended when I go through a checkpoint and have to answer questions. I haven't done anything wrong

RC3
06-25-2014, 09:11 PM
What then are patrol officers supposed to be doing at 4:30 a.m.? If it were high noon maybe get offended but the officer was more than likely just inquiring until he was told no I'm not telling you my name.

Well their job is certainly not to harass young black men who aren't committing crimes.

Bottom line. There's two sides to every story. None of us knows what happened. That's for the judge to determine. And to whoever said they always give the benefit of doubt to officers, you got it backwards buddy. Its the citizen that's entitled to the benefit of doubt

Goat Holder
06-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Bigger question: Golson went to Pascagoula High School. Wonder when 'home' became Gautier? I'm guessing it was round about the time he turned down 1.8 million to sign with Ole Miss.

Coach34
06-25-2014, 09:14 PM
Bottom line- if a cop asks you your name- you are a stupid mf'er if you dont answer him.

msstate7
06-25-2014, 09:16 PM
Bigger question: Golson went to Pascagoula High School. Wonder when 'home' became Gautier? I'm guessing it was round about the time he turned down 1.8 million to sign with Ole Miss.

He's now about to be a senior. Will he ever get the 1.8 or more? This kid made a mistake IMO

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2014, 09:20 PM
Totally different then if you were standing in front of your house. To be honest, I do feel somewhat offended when I go through a checkpoint and have to answer questions. I haven't don't anything wrong

Personally, I see no difference. In your car or in your yard. Cop didn't know he was in front of his own house. This may not be PC but facts are facts. Fact is that a large percentage of crimes are committed by black males between the ages of 15-25. Fact is a large number of these crimes are committed at night. Fact is police as aware of these stats and whether you want to call it racial profiling or playing the odds when cops see a young black male out in front of a house late at night standing there looking like he is doing nothing or acting suspicious, most of the time they are going to make sure everything is kosher. Fact is if Golsen had politely identified himself, said that was his house, and produced an id if he had one on him then this never would gave happened. He didn't and broke the law in the process. Getting arrested was the consequence of that. Maybe next time he loses the attitude.

TheRef
06-25-2014, 09:22 PM
Well this thread turned Political-forum worthy very quickly....

DudyDawg
06-25-2014, 09:23 PM
Yeah, like someone said, if this were me I would comply but be pissed. Yes, it was stupid not to. He's dumb for that. But for all we know he was getting his trash cans and the cops harassed him. Cops have been known to harass people for no reason, just the same as twenty year olds are known to cause trouble at 4 in the morning. This seems like a case of a cop thinking his badge is a crown to me. I do have some sympathy for him, at least from the very limited info in the article. I wouldn't if it said he was drinking or something, but it didn't.

If I was smoking a cigarette in the morning in my street and a cop came up asking me questions I wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't be a dumbass, but I wouldn't be happy.

DudyDawg
06-25-2014, 09:24 PM
Personally, I see no difference. In your car or in your yard. Cop didn't know he was in front of his own house. This may not be PC but facts are facts. Fact is that a large percentage of crimes are committed by black males between the ages of 15-25. Fact is a large number of these crimes are committed at night. Fact is police as aware of these stats and whether you want to call it racial profiling or playing the odds when cops see a young black male out in front of a house late at night standing there looking like he is doing nothing or acting suspicious, most of the time they are going to make sure everything is kosher. Fact is if Golsen had politely identified himself, said that was his house, and produced an id if he had one on him then this never would gave happened. He didn't and broke the law in the process. Getting arrested was the consequence of that. Maybe next time he loses the attitude.

You can't drunkenly drive your house into a family of four

RougeDawg
06-25-2014, 09:38 PM

One problem with the Oxford/OM culture is, he's more than likely done the same thing up there and gotten away with it. Just another example of the OM culture negatively impacting the lives of one of those the recruiting machine has already negatively impacted.

Recently there has been a whole lot more complete failures come from the Bear Culture, than there have been success stories. We need to start a separate list of just the wasted talent that's gone through there in the last decade and hasn't amounted to a hill of beans. From pat pat to snoop and singleton, those are just a few that instantly come to mind. I'd say the single most cause is the OM culture: while being recruited you are treated like a god and courted with amounts of money like you've never seen and once on campus the white girls continue to treat you like gods, you're still receiving financial benefits, and the university and local PD allow you to run amuck with little consequence. None of which is anywhere near what life is actually like, and the result is what we see around OM and their football program.

starkvegasdawg
06-25-2014, 09:44 PM
You can't drunkenly drive your house into a family of four

Roadblocks are for more than being drunk. Besides, when your car pulls up he has no idea if drunk or not. You could be in your front yard with a .45 in your waistband getting ready to go shoot somebody. Fact remains the cops don't know and the only way they find out is to ask.

BeardoMSU
06-25-2014, 09:58 PM
Gautier is directly across the river. That's not an issue.

hacker
06-25-2014, 10:00 PM
**** the police

**** Ole Miss more

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 10:23 PM
Bottom line- if a cop asks you your name- you are a stupid mf'er if you dont answer him.

Bottom line is, you should only have to answer that question after the police officer explains why he needs to know that information. Dunno if that's the case here. Sounds more like a classic case of racial profiling.

I have no problem with the police officer asking for ID if it is for a more worthy reason than a black male standing outside at 4:30.

That is all..

Edit: I know that I have been outside of my home multiple times early in the morning. I've even had a police officer roll by my house with me outside before the sun was up but never have I been asked to identify myself. Guess I'm too white... lol

HancockCountyDog
06-25-2014, 10:30 PM
I think the arrest is complete bullshit.

I love the fact that he was arrested.

I think all MSU fans know where I'm coming from.

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 10:34 PM
I think the arrest is complete bullshit.

I love the fact that he was arrested.

I think all MSU fans know where I'm coming from.

I don't. If the arrest is bullshit then it's bullshit whether you are a bear or a dawg. It cracks me up when one of them actually goofs up and gets arrested, but I'm not going to celebrate what sounds like an abuse of power by a police officer.

mic
06-25-2014, 10:35 PM
We don't have to spin it for them, they don't need our help they are the best at it. So let them do their own work.
Maybe the cops had a drug bust recently around there, maybe they thought he was drunk, maybe they were profiling. But if a cop ask me for some ID or identify myself at 4:30am even if I am standing in my yard I am going to do it. It's pretty easy to do that.. Doesn't take the smartest person. But then again we are dealing with a guy who turned down 7 figures..
Bottom line is he got arrested and he is an OM football player that's good enough for me.....

HancockCountyDog
06-25-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't. If the arrest is bullshit then it's bullshit whether you are a bear or a dawg. It cracks me up when one of them actually goofs up and gets arrested, but I'm not going to celebrate what sounds like an abuse of power by a police officer.

Then you are probably on the wrong board.

Look here is where I stand as far as what I enjoy:

1) great things that happen for MSU.

2) bad things that happen to the bears.

I could care less if it's an abuse of power by a cop, getting screwed by a ref in any sport, having a player deemed in eligible , or them getting tagged with another racial black eye.

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 10:38 PM

I could care less if it's an abuse of power by a cop, getting screwed by a ref in any sport, having a player deemed in eligible , or them getting tagged with another racial black eye.

Nah, I know how this board works. lol

It's all good. Just debating.

Stuff like this hits a little too close to home for me since I've had a family member put in a similar situation with cops abusing their power.

BeardoMSU
06-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Powers that be, we should probably move this to the politics board before it embarrasses us.

Coach34
06-25-2014, 10:49 PM
Bottom line is, you should only have to answer that question after the police officer explains why he needs to know that information

Uhhhhh noooooooooo

A Police Officer doesnt have to tell you shit as to why he is asking you anything.

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Uhhhhh noooooooooo

A Police Officer doesnt have to tell you shit as to why he is asking you anything.

Umm no. A police officer has no right to detain you unless there is reasonable suspicion of criminal activity. It protects people from being harassed.

That includes Identification laws.

Again, I don't know what really happened here so I'm done discussing it. My first reaction to it is that it is BS but I COULD BE WRONG.

Done

Todd4State
06-25-2014, 11:07 PM
We don't have to spin it for them, they don't need our help they are the best at it. So let them do their own work.
Maybe the cops had a drug bust recently around there, maybe they thought he was drunk, maybe they were profiling. But if a cop ask me for some ID or identify myself at 4:30am even if I am standing in my yard I am going to do it. It's pretty easy to do that.. Doesn't take the smartest person. But then again we are dealing with a guy who turned down 7 figures..
Bottom line is he got arrested and he is an OM football player that's good enough for me.....

Exactly.

And I'm white and I've actually had something sort of similar happen to me. I got pulled over in my subdivision by a sherriff's deputy. I probably could have been an ass, and I was confused as to why I was being pulled over, but I know that being an ass wouldn't be in my favor. I was polite to him and did everything that he asked.

He asked for my license and looked at my tag and then he told me that there had been some car thefts in my neighborhood and he was checking to make sure the car was mine. Might have been BS. Might not. But he gave me my license back and I went on my way.

That's ALL Golson had to do. Essentially. Just tell him his name.

TimberBeast
06-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Nah, I know how this board works. lol

It's all good. Just debating.

Stuff like this hits a little too close to home for me since I've had a family member put in a similar situation with cops abusing their power.

Wait, so you too have had a family member that had a police officer ask them their name or ID? I imagine you and your family must all be horrified by this abuse of power. Ignore the rest of the comments in this thread, I truly feel sorry for you and your family.

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 11:48 PM
Wait, so you too have had a family member that had a police officer ask them their name or ID? I imagine you and your family must all be horrified by this abuse of power. Ignore the rest of the comments in this thread, I truly feel sorry for you and your family.

No. Not what happened. I said similar situation. Police officer stepped out of the confines of the law to get an arrest. More serious than a disorderly conduct charge. That's all I'll say about it online

Edit: Also, part of your post seems sarcastic and part seems genuine. Confusing

TimberBeast
06-26-2014, 12:08 AM
No. Not what happened. I said similar situation. Police officer stepped out of the confines of the law to get an arrest. More serious than a disorderly conduct charge. That's all I'll say about it online

Edit: Also, part of your post seems sarcastic and part seems genuine. Confusing

Uh yeah, it was all sarcastic. Calling a police officer asking for someone's name at 4:30 in the morning an abuse of power is damn retarded. I doubt whatever happened to your family member was an abuse of power either. My brother has complained to me several times about the same type of thing happening to him, but I don't call it an abuse of power by the police officers, he was probably out doing dumb shit late at night. Some people just don't get that it's dangerous as hell out there for policemen, they have to protect themselves and us and get accused of nonsense like this when they are trying to do their jobs. Act right and you don't have anything to worry about, and your skin color doesn't have anything to do with that. And no, I'm not a police officer. I'm just not stupid.

mstatefan91
06-26-2014, 12:19 AM
Uh yeah, it was all sarcastic. Calling a police officer asking for someone's name at 4:30 in the morning an abuse of power is damn retarded. I doubt whatever happened to your family member was an abuse of power either. My brother has complained to me several times about the same type of thing happening to him, but I don't call it an abuse of power by the police officers, he was probably out doing dumb shit late at night. Some people just don't get that it's dangerous as hell out there for policemen, they have to protect themselves and us and get accused of nonsense like this when they are trying to do their jobs. Act right and you don't have anything to worry about, and your skin color doesn't have anything to do with that. And no, I'm not a police officer. I'm just not stupid.

You have no idea what the details are soooooo k brah. Have a good night

Edit: Never said the police officer asking for Golson's name was an abuse of power. I said that if he arrested him for no other reason than not telling him his name was an abuse of power. That's all

I seen it dawg
06-26-2014, 05:51 AM

Pretty clear cut this is the deciding factor whether you have issues with the police or you don't have issues with the police. It's amazing at how many people get asked a question by the police, they answer it, and they go about their merry way. I don't give a shit what you think you are entitled to, when a cop ask your name ****ing say it. Case closed.

RossDawg82
06-26-2014, 07:15 AM
I would have given the cop my name in the end, but I sure as hell would have had the officer tell me why he needed it in the first place. Police officers have a tough job and 90% of them are hard working public servants who only want to clean the streets. The other 10% think a badge is a crown and will abuse their power any chance they have. And I think these cops rank in that 10%

Inverness
06-26-2014, 07:48 AM

So you'll buy the beers if he dies in a car wreck on the way back to Oxford?

RossDawg82
06-26-2014, 08:10 AM

I realize its tough to be a police officer, but that does not give them the right to arrest someone for not identifying themselves when they are standing in their own yard. That is stupid, and if that is what policing is in Gautier, then they need to cut their staff by 50%. It is a free country, this is not 1940 Germany. If I want to stand in my yard that is my freaking right to do that and not be harassed by police. They applied and signed to work in law enforcement and they know what the risks are. Just because "they have a hard job" does not give them the right to start asking anyone and everyone to identify themselves. And for those that say "well he could have just given the officer his name and it would all be fine", you are missing the point. The fact that these officers would not even let him get a shirt is all I need to know about these guys.

Johnson85
06-26-2014, 08:30 AM

Looks like Gholson got arrested for contempt of cop. Maybe it's stupid not to treat a cop like a god when he stops you at 4:30 in the morning, but if you get charged with disorderly conduct that's not paired with anything else and it's not a mental patient, it's almost always contempt of cop, not an arrest for actually breaking any laws.

Johnson85
06-26-2014, 08:32 AM
Well their job is certainly not to harass young black men who aren't committing crimes.

Bottom line. There's two sides to every story. None of us knows what happened. That's for the judge to determine. And to whoever said they always give the benefit of doubt to officers, you got it backwards buddy. Its the citizen that's entitled to the benefit of doubt

How are cops supposed to testilie if you give the benefit of the doubt to the accused?

RossDawg82
06-26-2014, 08:43 AM
How are cops supposed to testilie if you give the benefit of the doubt to the accused?

innocent until proven guilty. Its the police officer job to prove some sort of guilt and not arrest people because they make you mad.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 08:58 AM
Gautier is directly across the river. That's not an issue.

School districts, dumbass. The point is, Golson moved from Pascagoula to Gautier. Pascagoula is kind of shitty while Gautier is more affluent. Connect the dots.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 09:54 AM
School districts, dumbass. The point is, Golson moved from Pascagoula to Gautier. Pascagoula is kind of shitty while Gautier is more affluent. Connect the dots.

Lol....Both are part of the Pascagoula school district, dipshit, so like I said: no big deal.
So once again, you're talking out of your ass.

Have you ever been to Gautier, lol? I don't know how you came to that conclusion....

PassInterference
06-26-2014, 10:01 AM
You say "landmahs", I say "landmass".

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 11:08 AM
I realize its tough to be a police officer, but that does not give them the right to arrest someone for not identifying themselves when they are standing in their own yard. That is stupid, and if that is what policing is in Gautier, then they need to cut their staff by 50%. It is a free country, this is not 1940 Germany. If I want to stand in my yard that is my freaking right to do that and not be harassed by police. They applied and signed to work in law enforcement and they know what the risks are. Just because "they have a hard job" does not give them the right to start asking anyone and everyone to identify themselves. And for those that say "well he could have just given the officer his name and it would all be fine", you are missing the point. The fact that these officers would not even let him get a shirt is all I need to know about these guys.

Cops in Gautier have always sucked. When I was in high school, there was a cop (known by everyone as Conrad) that loved nothing more than to 17 with kids. He was notorious, and had dozens of complaints.

hells bells
06-26-2014, 11:19 AM

Look, I set the home alarm off a year back or so. There was a police officer in area dispatched to answer the call. Upon arrival one of her first request was my ID. Reply, yes mam.

RC3
06-26-2014, 12:18 PM
Yeah and under your scenario the officers had a reason to believe there was some criminal activity afoot. Here there is no indication that the officer was under that impression. It's a lot more likely that the officer rolled by and saw a large, young African American hangin out in front of house. Officer then automatically assumes, based on the previously mentioned attributes that he is committing some crime. Like I have said previously, without more details, there is simply no way to tell what happened and whether or not the officer was acting reasonably. And of course, I will continue to say that the kid probably should have identified himself but I can also understand him
Being upset if he was being treated like a criminal for no reason other than being young and black.

starkvegasdawg
06-26-2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah and under your scenario the officers had a reason to believe there was some criminal activity afoot. Here there is no indication that the officer was under that impression. It's a lot more likely that the officer rolled by and saw a large, young African American hangin out in front of house. Officer then automatically assumes, based on the previously mentioned attributes that he is committing some crime. Like I have said previously, without more details, there is simply no way to tell what happened and whether or not the officer was acting reasonably. And of course, I will continue to say that the kid probably should have identified himself but I can also understand him
Being upset if he was being treated like a criminal for no reason other than being young and black.

It may not be right or fair but we are all stereotyped in one way or another. Stereotypes exist for a reason and while they may no longer represent a majority of the group's members, they at one time did and still do to an extent. If you're a young black male out in the middle of the night the stereotype is that you're up to no good. Somebody in CT heres the word Mississippi and they immediately think of a bunch of redneck, toothless inbreds living in shacks nailing their cousins in the barn. I walk into an all you can eat buffet and the restaurant manager starts to panic and orders all hands on deck in the kitchen. It's just the way it is. You just have to accept that is how things are. Getting an attitude, especially with a cop, never ends well for the person not wearing the badge.

RC3
06-26-2014, 12:34 PM
That's absurd. Accept that since you are a young black man it's to be expected and it be ok to be harassed by police? No that should not be acceptable in this country

starkvegasdawg
06-26-2014, 12:43 PM
That's absurd. Accept that since you are a young black man it's to be expected and it be ok to be harassed by police? No that should not be acceptable in this country

I didn't mean accept the harassment. If that happens you go through the proper channels after the fact. What I said you have to accept is the fact that those are the perceptions and that is not changing. Once you accpet the stereotypes you are bookended in to then you are better able to function in society. Had he simply been cooperative and showed his ID or said who he was and that was his house he would not have been arrested. He was not arrested until he got the holier than thou attitude, and as I said earlier, that never ends well when the person the attitude is directed towards is wearing a badge and a gun. After he showed his ID he could have then asked the officer what exactly he was doing to have been singled out and approached. Maybe there had been a rash of burglaries in the neighborhood. Maybe there was a person with warrants and in the poor lighting of 4:50AM he resembled the person. Maybe there had just been an attempted rape a few blocks away and the suspect was last seen fleeing on foot in that direction. Maybe the cop was just being a dick and trying to luck up on an arrest. We don't know and will never know. But like I said in an earlier thread. When we see a person in a blue uniform driving a white car with blue lights on top we know that person is a police officer. The police officer has no idea who we are and if we are a decent law abiding citizen or someone else. The only way he can find out who we are is to ask us and to make sure we are not lying to him he asks us to prove it by displaying some form of govt. issued ID.

RC3
06-26-2014, 12:47 PM
If any of those scenarios about possible crimes being committed were true, I do believe the officer would be justified in asking the kid who he was and asking for ID. Like you said though, we don't know and the story Doesn't say that was the case.
I've repeatedly said that the kid should have complied but at the same time, I can easily envision a scenario where the officer Was just harassing a black kid

Johnson85
06-26-2014, 12:50 PM
innocent until proven guilty. Its the police officer job to prove some sort of guilt and not arrest people because they make you mad.

Read more carefully. There were no typos in my post; there was some sarcasm.

Johnson85
06-26-2014, 12:53 PM

I'm not sure Gautier is even more affluent than Pascagoula, but to the extent it is, that's about like saying Greenville is more affluent than Leland.

starkvegasdawg
06-26-2014, 12:54 PM
If any of those scenarios about possible crimes being committed were true, I do believe the officer would be justified in asking the kid who he was and asking for ID. Like you said though, we don't know and the story Doesn't say that was the case.
I've repeatedly said that the kid should have complied but at the same time, I can easily envision a scenario where the officer Was just harassing a black kid

And if we was just harassing him for no other reason than skin color then, yes, the cop should face some kind of discipline. However, that will probably not happen since Golsen became belligerent and ended up with the handcuffs on him. Any credibility he may have had took a big hit. Fair or not, when you have defendent by your name you lose some clout in the eyes of society.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure Gautier is even more affluent than Pascagoula, but to the extent it is, that's about like saying Greenville is more affluent than Leland.

Well said, 85, lol.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 03:10 PM
Lol....Both are part of the Pascagoula school district, dipshit, so like I said: no big deal.
So once again, you're talking out of your ass.

Have you ever been to Gautier, lol? I don't know how you came to that conclusion....

http://www.mde.k12.ms.us/Locations?District=147

Gautier and Pascagoula have their own high schools. That means if Golson is now living in Gautier, he has moved their from Pascagoula. It doesn't matter that they are both in the Pascagoula school district.

Goat Holder
06-26-2014, 03:13 PM

I have been questioned for walking around on a public street in the wee hours of the morning. It's not a black thing. Walking around a neighborhood at 4:30 am is suspicious, no matter how you slice it.

BeardoMSU
06-26-2014, 03:22 PM
http://www.mde.k12.ms.us/Locations?District=147

Gautier and Pascagoula have their own high schools. That means if Golson is now living in Gautier, he has moved their [there] from Pascagoula. It doesn't matter that they are both in the Pascagoula school district.

Well, yeah it does, but I digress. And you're the one that mentioned school districts, bub.

Moving from Goula to Gautier is not a big deal, no matter how you spin it. This incident happened in the middle of a low-income apt. complex, so it's not like he and his family moved from their "shitty" living space across the river, to the more "affluent" accommodations provided for them in Gautier; it's more of a lateral move.

Park duck
06-26-2014, 06:25 PM

Wrong you don't have to carry Id or show it. Y'all need to get a damn clue

BoomBoom
06-26-2014, 06:48 PM
I have been questioned for walking around on a public street in the wee hours of the morning. It's not a black thing. Walking around a neighborhood at 4:30 am is suspicious, no matter how you slice it.

yes, but "suspicious" doesn't mean your rights end. the cops are fully capable of following and watching a "suspicious" person all day if they want to. they can ask someone if they have a right to be there, and order them to leave if they don't.

on the flip side, if a cop oversteps his bounds that doesn't mean you get to tell him to screw off. you comply and then file a complaint. a cop can laugh off a complaint, but not a stack of them. if it's an isolated incident, then no harm no foul. cops deserve a break from isolated mistakes. if he's a dick, then his behavior will catch up to him.

BoomBoom
06-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Wrong you don't have to carry Id or show it. Y'all need to get a damn clue

yes, but you do have to give your name if asked. SC ruled so a few years ago.

Dawgcentral
06-26-2014, 06:56 PM
I'd tell the officer my name. Tell him this was my yard, and thank him for keeping an eye out in my neighborhood. Crap people. Dudes are underpaid and looking out for us most of the time.
I was pulled over twice on the same road on my way to work at 5:30 AM while pulling a trailer. The first time the cop told me there had been some burglaries by someone who was pulling a trailer, asked me if he could look inside. I unlocked it and let him have a look. He asked if those were my tools and I said they were. Less than a week later I was pulled over at the same time of morning, same road, different cop. Told him what I was doing there, and asked him to tell everyone I wasn't the one they were lookin for.
End of problem.
Most cops are out there risking their lives to protect us and our property. They get hassled by people who think they are standing up for their rights all day every day. But when you've lived around apathetic cops who don't give a damn, like the one's in Jackson, MS., you learn to appreciate those who try to stay on top of things and get the job done. You have your rights, but you also need to have some respect.

RC3
06-26-2014, 08:29 PM

That's my understanding as well. I didn't say anything about showing an ID card

RState
06-26-2014, 09:57 PM
To bad the supreme court said that the cops cant look at your cell phone when they arrest you no more or they'd found all the evidence of golson gettin that bear money.

1998Dawg
06-26-2014, 09:59 PM
I'm still a little baffled how this news hasn't been publicized more. It is the off-season and slow time and yet somehow it still doesn't cause a stir?

The bears back to their old games of PR machine and wouldn't doubt some of those media getting extras bonuses. Makes me sick that flat out encourage this lifestyle up there.

RealHastings
06-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Well, this escalated quickly. SMH

Reason2succeed
06-27-2014, 09:02 AM
He should just be happy that it was a real cop and that he didn't get shot...like Trayvon. (Sarcasm)

Park duck
06-30-2014, 10:42 AM

Nope not unless your being detained. Ask if you're being detained and for what otherwise you don't have to answer shit. Know your rights!

CadaverDawg
06-30-2014, 10:44 AM
Nope not unless your being detained. Ask if you're being detained and for what otherwise you don't have to answer shit. Know your rights!

Let it go, Colonel