PDA

View Full Version : Rockey & Susan Felker featured in article

State82
06-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Don't have a link to it but the Felkers are on the cover of Christian Living (I believe that is the name of the publication I saw). Read the article quickly but it was really good. They are fine people and great ambassadors for MSU. The article said Susan was diagnosed with ovarian cancer last year. I was not aware of that so everyone keep them in your prayers. Hope things are going well for her.

TheRef
06-25-2014, 07:04 AM
Here's the link: http://mschristianliving.com/2014/covers/rockey-susan-felker-its-all-been-good/

AROB44
06-25-2014, 08:49 AM
Thanks for the link. Rocky is and has always been True Maroon.

ScoobaDawg
06-25-2014, 08:54 AM
Rocky is a great man and caters to everyone even the common fan. Blew my mind when I would walk up at practice when I could and he would remember my name and ask how I had been. He loves the school so much.

State82
06-25-2014, 09:09 AM
Thanks Ref. And yes, Rockey is definitely True Maroon.

Coach34
06-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Spoke with Rockey briefly my last trip to Starkville. He is still a very important part of our football program in that he handles a lot of the little yet very important things around the program. Great Bulldog

Bullmutt
06-25-2014, 10:32 AM
And, I remain convinced, he read the triple option as well as any ever did

drunkernhelldawg
06-25-2014, 10:33 AM
He did a better job as head coach than he gets credit for. We were very close to a winning season his last year. If I remember correctly, a missed field goal in one game and a missed two point conversion in another was the difference between 4-7 and 6-5. Not saying he was a great head coach or should be a head coach, but he did transform our team from having an inability to compete on the line of scrimmage to having the ability to compete as JWS took over the team. For a while there in the previous few season, we couldn't stop or block anybody.

drunkernhelldawg
06-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Also, the 1974 Sun Bowl is to me one of the great games in MSU history. 26-24 victory over UNC. Led at qb by the one and only Rockey. Really a great season. Another great game that season was beating Memphis State 29-28 on a last minute two-point conversion. That Sun Bowl gave us 9 wins just a few years after our infamous Tech and 10 season.

LC Dawg
06-25-2014, 11:51 AM
Also, the 1974 Sun Bowl is to me one of the great games in MSU history. 26-24 victory over UNC. Led at qb by the one and only Rockey. Really a great season. Another great game that season was beating Memphis State 29-28 on a last minute two-point conversion. That Sun Bowl gave us 9 wins just a few years after our infamous Tech and 10 season.

Tech and 10 was 1988 and courtesy of Rockey the coach. I bet you're thinking about some of Shira's horribleness in the late 60's.
Also, I was a student when Rockey was fired and it was a really sad time on campus because everyone knew that Rockey was a true Bulldog. Him being back at State is one thing that is right with the universe.

drunkernhelldawg
06-25-2014, 11:56 AM
Tech and 10 was 1988 and courtesy of Rockey the coach. I bet you're thinking about some of Shira's horribleness in the late 60's.
Also, I was a student when Rockey was fired and it was a really sad time on campus because everyone knew that Rockey was a true Bulldog. Him being back at State is one thing that is right with the universe.

In the late 1960's, we were labeled "The Worst" college team in the country by Playboy. I think a winless season came the year before. I was mistaken in thinking that the term came from that season.

Political Hack
06-25-2014, 12:01 PM
I didn't know her sickness was public but that's why I've told others they shouldn't be giving Felker any crap right now about his job. He's got bigger priorities in life.

Buddy
06-25-2014, 12:33 PM
If I remember correctly, a missed field goal in one game and a missed two point conversion in another was the difference between 4-7 and 6-5.

I remember when Sherrill was hired he made a comment along the lines that had it not been for poor kicking/special teams that the job would not be open for him.