PDA

View Full Version : Beer and Bulldawg Football

Reason2succeed
06-24-2014, 05:45 PM
http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dallas/SMU-to-start-selling-alcohol-at-football-games-264376031.html

I went to SMU for grad school and I can tell you that their stadium is small and their fanbase stinks. If they can pull in six figures for beer and wine sells then DWS could probably do at least half a million. Let's be honest most people are liquored up any way coming in or smuggling their brew through the gate so why not create additional revenue?

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-24-2014, 05:48 PM
Alcohol is allowed in. Rich folk can drink it in the suites or club level.

I always bring in my own alcohol. Id gladly buy beer in DWS if they allowed it though.

TheRef
06-24-2014, 05:50 PM
Alcohol is allowed in. Rich folk can drink it in the suites or club level.

I always bring in my own alcohol. Id gladly buy beer in DWS if they allowed it though.

Isn't Arkansas selling alcohol at all home games now?

DudyDawg
06-24-2014, 05:52 PM
I saw SMU today is now selling beer and wine at theirs. Different conference, but interesting still. Looks like more schools going to it. It makes sense

Pollodawg
06-24-2014, 05:56 PM
I'm all for it.

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 06:03 PM
Isn't Arkansas selling alcohol at all home games now?

no. SEC rules prevent that.

Whoever voted no is a communist.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-24-2014, 06:59 PM
The only reason I would say no is I dont want to spend $12 for a flat natural light.

Dawgbite
06-24-2014, 07:20 PM
I thought it was a state law that alcohol isn't allowed on any state property?

sleepy dawg
06-24-2014, 07:38 PM
I thought it was a state law that alcohol isn't allowed on any state property?

Don't they allow drinking on campus now?

I probably wouldn't even drink, but I definitely support it. We'd probably need to hire a few more security guys, but it'd be worth it. Drunk people are louder too and less afraid to stand up and scream like most of our fans.

mstatefan91
06-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Don't they allow drinking on campus now?

I probably wouldn't even drink, but I definitely support it. We'd probably need to hire a few more security guys, but it'd be worth it. Drunk people are louder too and less afraid to stand up and scream like most of our fans.
Technically no they don't allow drinking on campus. They just let it slide on gamedays if you pour your drink in a cup or cover it up with a koozie.

BeastMan
06-25-2014, 11:03 AM
This is the truth: People would be less liquored up if they sold beer. Everyone who drinks in that stadium smuggled in hard liquor. 3 hours of hard liquor & football gets you hammered. It's like that at every stadium in the country. Selling beer would actually cut back many BACs

drunkernhelldawg
06-25-2014, 11:47 AM
Personally, I'm against it. I like the flask system. I also think we've already over commercialized our game day. Last thing we need is another product to advertise on the jumbotron, which seems to be its actual purpose, given that stats and scores are never shown and replays are usually late.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-25-2014, 12:03 PM
This is the truth: People would be less liquored up if they sold beer. Everyone who drinks in that stadium smuggled in hard liquor. 3 hours of hard liquor & football gets you hammered. It's like that at every stadium in the country. Selling beer would actually cut back many BACs

Truth. Im pretty blackout by the 4th quarter.

DudyDawg
06-25-2014, 12:31 PM

Yup. I would have remembered the Alabama fourth quarter (or any fourth for that matter) had I been pounding bud light tall boys instead of a pint of Jim Beam.

Political Hack
06-25-2014, 01:51 PM

yep. and people wouldn't binge drink before. I think there would actually be fewer incidents at the game and at the pre-game tailgates.

drunkernhelldawg
06-25-2014, 02:00 PM
The other thing I don't like about it is making the atmosphere more like pro sports atmosphere. I feel we've already gone to far that way with the constant noise from the jumbo. I'd rather hear the FMB and sip whiskey from my flask.