PDA

View Full Version : Todd McShay Tweet

TheRef
06-24-2014, 02:47 PM
Now tell me this isn't good pub for CJ

Todd McShay
@McShay13
Studying Miss St. LB McKinney and DT 96 C. Jones keeps showing up. Young guy w/ bright future if he keeps grinding.

2:45pm ? 24 Jun 2014 ? Twitter Web Client

FISHDAWG
06-24-2014, 03:12 PM
maybe too good .... I'm afraid we will only have CJ for another 2 seasons

starkvegasdawg
06-24-2014, 03:15 PM

I get what you're saying but that can be a good problem to have. All of the elite recruits want to go pro ASAP. If we start putting players in the league after their junior year it will have an impact on recruiting. They'll see they can come here and be ready to go as soon as they are draft eligible.

Tbonewannabe
06-24-2014, 03:18 PM
CJ will be gone after his junior year. Fletcher Cox left early also. Hopefully when he signs a big contract, he throws some $$ MSU football's way.

HancockCountyDog
06-24-2014, 03:21 PM

Maybe???

Look, with a guy like CJ you take three great years, you hope he stays healthy, and then you shake his hand when he leaves for the memories.

HoopsDawg
06-24-2014, 03:28 PM
Mckinney belongs at DE. He is not a MLB in the pros.

FISHDAWG
06-24-2014, 03:30 PM
I know ... it's sometimes hard to accept the inevitable ... I just enjoy watching his play so much

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 03:37 PM
rather drive a Ferrari for 3 years and go back to the lot than get a pinto for four.

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 03:38 PM
Mckinney belongs at DE. He is not a MLB in the pros.

I actually think he'll be an OLB in a 3-4 set. I'm not sure he ever plays with his hand on the ground every play.

DudyDawg
06-24-2014, 03:42 PM
I actually think he'll be an OLB in a 3-4 set. I'm not sure he ever plays with his hand on the ground every play.

Bingo. Too athletic to limit to just putting his hand on the ground, probably not physical enough to anchor the middle. Outside LB in a 3-4 would be perfect fit for him

Dallas_Dawg
06-24-2014, 03:43 PM

I agree with Hack. I don't think Mckinney is near heavy enough to put his hand on the ground every snap. I would think he would be best suited to play the Lamar Woodley or Clay Matthews position.

MSUDawg4Life
06-24-2014, 03:44 PM
Whatever position change he needs to make in the NFL can be handled in the NFL. KJ Wright and Pernell McPhee both changed positions once they got to the NFL.

Bernardrick is better off a MLB while here at State.

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 03:49 PM
Whatever position change he needs to make in the NFL can be handled in the NFL. KJ Wright and Pernell McPhee both changed positions once they got to the NFL.

Bernardrick is better off a MLB while here at State.

also agree with this. He can move around enough in that amoeba type defense we're going to see some this year. He doesn't need to line up at DE to come off the edge.

hacker
06-24-2014, 03:59 PM

wat?? We knew this before he played a down for us!

HoopsDawg
06-24-2014, 08:00 PM

This is an obvious statement, but we don't run a 3-4. He's plenty big enough to play WDE. He is the same size as the first round DE selected in the last draft. I hope he is coming off the edge in every passing situation over Ryan Brown or AJ Jefferson.

mic
06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
Coach Collins will have so many different looks this year. Lots do depth with the front 7 will keep us fresh.

HoopsDawg
06-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Coach Collins will have so many different looks this year. Lots do depth with the front 7 will keep us fresh.

yep, i think so. Matt Wells and B-Mac are good coming off the edge. I think Richie and Bene Brown can be good rushers too. I just hope we limit corner blitzes to once or twice per year, not once or twice per game like we've done in the past.