PDA

View Full Version : Like clockwork, rebears claiming that they are the 2nd best baseball team.....

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 02:29 PM
http://nafoom.yuku.com/sreply/356081/UVA-will-win-this-series#.U6nREvldXvI

Yep, the national title series was already played last week between the might rebears and Virginia. Just like it was played in 2005 in Oxford.

That said, you absolutely cannot tell me that this 'Konan' guy is not completely obsessed with MSU by trying to paint them as equals to us. They simply are not. I hope he's reading. We finished 2nd. You finished 3rd at best. Little bruh.

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 02:33 PM
they are 2nd best... in Mississippi.

TheRef
06-24-2014, 02:34 PM
Didn't USM beat them TWICE?

starkvegasdawg
06-24-2014, 02:35 PM
Their delusion knows no limits. Heaven help us if they ever win a national title in anything.

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 02:47 PM
I mean, I get what the guy means. I'm not an idiot, I understand what he's talking about. They did beat Vandy in Hoover, and they may very well be better than Vandy. But it doesn't matter, the CWS is rarely the best 8 teams. The Finals is rarely the best 2 teams. The champ is often not the best team in the land.

It's hilarious that they are always trying to take credit for some shit they couldn't get done on the field, in all sports. 2nd best team in the SEC 2003, except that was Georgia.

BulldogBear
06-24-2014, 03:25 PM

Yes. They. Did.

My fav moments have been hearing my Ole Miss associates claim to have made it to "the final 4" which implies the last 4 are on equal footing. As it is that is not a true assessment of the situation since 2 of the 4 schools have to win twice (read: toughter time of it). I correct them by saying the made it to "the final 2+2."

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 03:41 PM

To be fair, it was just a one year fluke with USM beating them. It's probably close over the last several years, but OM probably has a better baseball program than USM. Their attendance and atmosphere are much better, but from a team standpoint they're probably slightly better. Both have cute little programs.

MsStateBaseball
06-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Officially, they are tied for 3rd. They won't ever get that high again. Their 3rd base coach was the big recruiter the last 3 years and he is leaving. He is like Orgeron. They had a senior and junior laden club this year and many of those won't be back.

chainedup_Dawg
06-24-2014, 04:55 PM
Wow, check out the irony in these gems;

offlineRebelBruiser
Unread Message I hate hate hate Vandy. #12 [url] [-]

Jun 24, 2014 8:20 AM

Not an elite poster

And my reasoning is thus....

Their fans largely want to pretend to be above the athletic obsession of the rest of the SEC. They're too good to care about athletics.

If that's the way they want to be, then I want them finishing dead last in everything, and I certainly don't think they deserve a chance to claim a national title.

I do think Virginia wins this series. It's baseball, so you never know, but UVA is just a better team. They have a deeper staff and they'll be able to do enough at the plate, barring an unreal outing for a Vandy pitcher, to win the next two.

Interact

My Recent Posts

Message Me

Ignore User's Posts

onlineClobbered in The Flat
Unread Message It's ok. I hate Vandy too. #13 [url] [-]

Jun 24, 2014 10:06 AM

I had friend I've grown up with attend Vandy. The guys he's friends with are obnoxious as they come. They tasted a little success under Franklin and went full blown asshole. Also they are an entitled lot. I've even heard some of their fans say they belong in the ACC in basketball while remaining in the SEC in football. Talk about self absorbed.

It's growing tired watching UVA beat us in baseball. I don't really care for them either, at least in baseball. The kicker is that I don't really know any UVA fans. I know Vandy fans.

Interact

State82
06-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Both have cute little programs.

Nice! I laughed.

I seen it dawg
06-24-2014, 06:47 PM
Well if Vandy wins it that makes us the best #1 team since we beat Vandy 2/3...

BulldogBear
06-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Now that Vandy has won, how does this sort out? Does Ole Miss change it's 2nd best baseball team banners to 3rd or 1st? I don't get where TSUN logic will go with this...