PDA

View Full Version : Davis Wade Stadium Expansion - new sign completed

RattStevens
06-24-2014, 01:53 PM
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2738/x4zs.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/x4zs.jpg/)

mstatefan91
06-24-2014, 01:56 PM
Hell yes! Loads of money for that sign

BulldogBear
06-24-2014, 01:57 PM
Praying Strickland doesn't see that!

Jacksondevildog
06-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Praying Strickland doesn't see that!

And Scott Stricklin too.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-24-2014, 02:04 PM
That is gold.
Solid gold.

smootness
06-24-2014, 02:13 PM
I know people mostly just joke about the Farm Bureau stuff, but what's the deal? You see a lot more sponsorship and ads other places. We don't really have a ton of huge Farm Bureau stuff; the biggest thing I've seen is behind the plate at DNF.

TheRef
06-24-2014, 02:14 PM
BREAKING:

Scott Stricklin
@StricklinMSU

I?m excited to announce a new partnership with @MSFarmBureau on our new video board and the NEZ Expansion! #HailState

24 Jun 2014 ? 2:00 pm ? Twitter for iPhone

ETA: Fake Tweet....thought it would be funny.

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 02:20 PM
I know people mostly just joke about the Farm Bureau stuff, but what's the deal? You see a lot more sponsorship and ads other places. We don't really have a ton of huge Farm Bureau stuff; the biggest thing I've seen is behind the plate at DNF.

No doubt. These idiots should check out LSU's baseball stadium, if they really want to complain about ads.

DudyDawg
06-24-2014, 02:24 PM
No doubt. These idiots should check out LSU's baseball stadium, if they really want to complain about ads.

Yup. At least our outfield wall has history and not a bunch of signs. And lsu has a tony C's behind home. That would be like us putting John Deere behind home to feed stereotypes

dickiedawg
06-24-2014, 02:27 PM
If he tweeted that, it has since been deleted. (Detweeted)

TheRef
06-24-2014, 02:28 PM
If he tweeted that, it has since been deleted. (Detweeted)

He didn't....I made that up. :P

bulldogcountry1
06-24-2014, 02:59 PM
So that's why my premiums just went up by 11%

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Yup. At least our outfield wall has history and not a bunch of signs. And lsu has a tony C's behind home. That would be like us putting John Deere behind home to feed stereotypes

It will be all over our new baseball stadium too. All these gazillions of dollars engine predicted aren't there.

Tbonewannabe
06-24-2014, 03:06 PM

I agree. I doubt the people bitching about a Farm Bureau sign are giving the $$$ to replace the ad revenue. Just about every other team in the SEC has a lot more signs on the fence than MSU. Some people would bitch about someone giving you a million dollars because you would have higher taxes.

FISHDAWG
06-24-2014, 03:11 PM
no way that was installed since 7:00 am today ... nice fark though

BulldogBear
06-24-2014, 03:11 PM
And Scott Stricklin too. Yeah! That guy especially***

I was in a hurry and my fingers found a common mistake!

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 03:46 PM
the sign behind home plate is the one everyone was bitching about. I think it would be a cleaner look to have it elsewhere too. Why not just put it next to the jumbtron like other signs or have it near the dugout? Why does that have to look like the label at the Dude? It looks like "Farm Bureau Field" with that sign there. It's weird that we protected the outfield wall and did something cool with it, but sold out for the prime spot behind home plate. Name the damn dugout or something...

smootness
06-24-2014, 04:29 PM
the sign behind home plate is the one everyone was bitching about. I think it would be a cleaner look to have it elsewhere too. Why not just put it next to the jumbtron like other signs or have it near the dugout? Why does that have to look like the label at the Dude? It looks like "Farm Bureau Field" with that sign there. It's weird that we protected the outfield wall and did something cool with it, but sold out for the prime spot behind home plate. Name the damn dugout or something...

Because I'm sure they paid us more to get it in a prime viewing spot for TV?

I just don't get why it's a big deal. Ads are all over sports everywhere. It's part of the deal, and it gets our AD more money.

DudyDawg
06-24-2014, 04:32 PM
Yeah I don't see the complaint. It's one sign, not too ostentatious. Again, look at lsu. The Tony C's sign is a huge white sticker stuck to a purple wall. At less the Farm bureau sign doesn't stuck out too badly. Could be wayyyyy worse

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 04:38 PM

Do you really think we voluntarily put it there without being asked/paid for it?

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 04:39 PM

Please tell me you're joking.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-24-2014, 04:46 PM
They paid us 30k to put it there

Reason2succeed
06-24-2014, 05:56 PM
Mississippi is a rural state. Mississippi State is instrumental in farm and agriculture. Don't hide from it. BE PROUD OF IT! When bear trolls or others call us a cow college tell them to go eat sh!t because that's what they would be reduced to without the hardworking farmers and ranchers in Mississippi.

messageboardsuperhero
06-24-2014, 06:15 PM

You don't say?

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 06:55 PM
They paid us 30k to put it there

Is that a lot for that sort of thing? 30K per season?