PDA

View Full Version : Labor Day weekend, help me decide......

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 11:24 AM
What's best, go to watch USM game or watching all the games on TV? I know what the prevailing logic will be - go watch MSU. But consider the high-level games on that day:

West Virginia/Alabama at 2:30
Arkansas/Auburn at 3:00
Clemson/Georgia at 4:30
Florida State/Oklahoma State 7:00
LSU/Wisconsin 8:00

And you know we are going to blow USM out. But it's the first game in the new stadium. But there again, I'm pretty sure I'm coming for the UAB game. I have quite a lot of people I'm responsible for so I can't go to every game anyway, just too expensive. And there are basically zero good SEC games on TV in Week 2.

What say you? Grilling and whiskey by my own TV or tailgating and whiskey in Starkville?

TheRef
06-24-2014, 11:26 AM
What's best, go to watch USM game or watching all the games on TV? I know what the prevailing logic will be - go watch MSU. But consider the high-level games on that day:

And you know we are going to blow USM out. But it's the first game in the new stadium. But there again, I'm pretty sure I'm coming for the UAB game. I have quite a lot of people I'm responsible for so I can't go to every game anyway, just too expensive.

What say you? Grilling and whiskey by my own TV or tailgating and whiskey in Starkville?

Depends...will you have SEC Network?

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 11:30 AM
Yes, I have U-Verse

TheRef
06-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Yes, I have U-Verse

Then I would say stay at home...but that's my opinion.

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 11:35 AM
Definitely leaning that way......although I hope the rest of our fans don't feel the same way, ha.

Harrydawg
06-24-2014, 01:26 PM
Your tailgating situation and distance to and from
The game must suck.....

A good tailgate- being able to watch the games
and go in to see our game = no brainer

RC3
06-24-2014, 01:28 PM
I'll be missing this game as well. Third home game I've missed since the Alabama upset in 96

BulldogBear
06-24-2014, 02:03 PM
With new scheduling mindset who knows when we'll ever play them again. They are the only people that are worse douchebags than Bear people. I'll be there!! Stay home for UAB.

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 02:15 PM
With new scheduling mindset who knows when we'll ever play them again. They are the only people that are worse douchebags than Bear people. I'll be there!! Stay home for UAB.

I feel you, but the reason I choose UAB over USM is because the TV slate is very, VERY weak in Week 2. Especially compared to Week 1. Ole Miss/Vandy is literally the best SEC game of the week. Now, there are some others, like Michigan/Notre Dame and Virginia Tech/Ohio State. But overall, bleh. Tailgating easily trumps.

DudyDawg
06-24-2014, 02:28 PM
Tough one. I would probably go to Starkville and tailgate but not go in just for some fun. But your drive may be one that makes that not worth it. That being said, I would only do that bc if the stadium and it's somewhat historic to be there. If it was the same as last years stadium, I wouldn't go at all

drunkernhelldawg
06-24-2014, 02:34 PM

And you know we are going to blow USM out. But it's the first game in the new stadium. But there again, I'm pretty sure I'm coming for the UAB game. I have quite a lot of people I'm responsible for so I can't go to every game anyway, just too expensive. And there are basically zero good SEC games on TV in Week 2.

By the time LSU/Whiskey is done, you'll regret having spent the day quietly while all these other people are having some fun.

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 02:36 PM
65" TV with all channels > 65' TV with one channel.

dickiedawg
06-24-2014, 03:12 PM
I'd stay home and not feel bad about it. Sit at home and chill for 3 days while enjoying an all-you-can-watch football buffet.

BulldogBear
06-24-2014, 03:18 PM
I feel you, but the reason I choose UAB over USM is because the TV slate is very, VERY weak in Week 2. Especially compared to Week 1. Ole Miss/Vandy is literally the best SEC game of the week. Now, there are some others, like Michigan/Notre Dame and Virginia Tech/Ohio State. But overall, bleh. Tailgating easily trumps.

Watching the "last" Irish-Wolverine game is one reason I want to watch TV that week even thought the TV offerings are much much weaker than week 1. I'm wondering if the Bears are gonna default into the 2:30pm slot if there is one that week. That's just about right.

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Watching the "last" Irish-Wolverine game is one reason I want to watch TV that week even thought the TV offerings are much much weaker than week 1. I'm wondering if the Bears are gonna default into the 2:30pm slot if there is one that week. That's just about right.

CBS usually doesn't carry a game until Week 3 Florida/Tennessee. That may change with the new stuff this year though.

DudyDawg
06-24-2014, 04:29 PM
I think that ole miss vandy game will be on Espn. Could be wrong tho

CadaverDawg
06-24-2014, 04:38 PM

Miss the game and you'll have 60,000 people that know more about MSU football than you...sure you're ready for that?*

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Miss the game and you'll have 60,000 people that know more about MSU football than you...sure you're ready for that?*

No worries, I'll have Live Stats to rescue me

Coach34
06-24-2014, 04:44 PM
What do your 4 other personalities want to do?

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-24-2014, 04:44 PM
Easy. Tailgate and watch most those games. Go to our game and enjoy us killing usm in our new stadium.
Go back to tailgate and finish the other games.

I cant imagine missing the usm home opener.

DudyDawg
06-24-2014, 04:50 PM
What do your 4 other personalities want to do?

Hahah classic

BulldogBear
06-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Are there any soccer matches that day? ****

TheRef
06-24-2014, 05:55 PM
Are there any soccer matches that day? ****

Saturday 30 August 2014
15:00 Aston Villa v Hull Villa Park
15:00 Burnley v Man Utd Turf Moor
15:00 Everton v Chelsea Goodison Park
15:00 Leicester v Arsenal King Power Stadium
15:00 Man City v Stoke Etihad Stadium
15:00 Newcastle v Crystal Palace St. James' Park
15:00 QPR v Sunderland Loftus Road Stadium
15:00 Swansea v West Brom Liberty Stadium
15:00 Spurs v Liverpool White Hart Lane
15:00 West Ham v Southampton Boleyn Ground

All times GMT

starkvegasdawg
06-24-2014, 05:56 PM

If I had tickets no way I'd miss the game but that's coming from someone that rarely gets to go to a game. I would love to be able to go to more games but such is life.

messageboardsuperhero
06-24-2014, 06:13 PM

I LOL'd. Goat will have to refrain from all football related topics until after he goes to the UAB game- his opinion will be meaningless until then.*

messageboardsuperhero
06-24-2014, 06:14 PM
Easy. Tailgate and watch most those games. Go to our game and enjoy us killing usm in our new stadium.
Go back to tailgate and finish the other games.

I cant imagine missing the usm home opener.

This is what I will be doing.

CadaverDawg
06-24-2014, 06:16 PM
I LOL'd. Goat will have to refrain from all football related topics until after he goes to the UAB game- his opinion will be meaningless until then.*

Haha +1

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Haha +1

How cute, you found a buddy to help you team up for your cause.

Not that a football game - where you can see sweat drop off players' faces in the huddle - and HailstateTV/Live Stats for college baseball are the same level of 'coverage' or anything. But hey, congrats on your one-liner 'jab'. Touche and shit, I guess. I know you've been waiting a long time to try and 'own' me.

messageboardsuperhero
06-24-2014, 07:07 PM

Not that a football game - where you can see sweat drop off players' faces in the huddle - and HailstateTV/Live Stats for college baseball are the same level of 'coverage' or anything. But hey, congrats on your one-liner 'jab'. Touche and shit, I guess. I know you've been waiting a long time to try and 'own' me.

Note to self- Goat can't take a joke.

CadaverDawg
06-24-2014, 07:19 PM

Lighten up, Francis, I'm just kidding with you. Must be tampon Tuesday at the goat ranch

BulldogBear
06-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Saturday 30 August 2014
15:00 Aston Villa v Hull Villa Park
15:00 Burnley v Man Utd Turf Moor
15:00 Everton v Chelsea Goodison Park
15:00 Leicester v Arsenal King Power Stadium
15:00 Man City v Stoke Etihad Stadium
15:00 Newcastle v Crystal Palace St. James' Park
15:00 QPR v Sunderland Loftus Road Stadium
15:00 Swansea v West Brom Liberty Stadium
15:00 Spurs v Liverpool White Hart Lane