PDA

View Full Version : Matt Smith tweet

drummerdawg
06-24-2014, 08:45 AM
"If Vandy wins one more game, Mississippi State will be the only SEC school to not have won a national title in one of the big 4 sports."

Tbonewannabe
06-24-2014, 08:49 AM
"If Vandy wins one more game, Mississippi State will be the only SEC school to not have won a national title in one of the big 4 sports."

What is UM's title in or do they count fake football championships? If that is the case we should count a baseball championship from like the 1800s. I can't remember the exact date but it was in one of the MSU history books I have.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-24-2014, 08:58 AM
Lets just pull a Bama and claim 1941

dickiedawg
06-24-2014, 08:59 AM
Since when is there a big 4? Also, who is Matt Smith?

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 09:26 AM
I think he's an ex-Ole Miss baseball player, on the choketastic team of 2009 I believe. Obviously just trying to dig at our fans. Which should even get to any of them.....we are still squarely above them regarding baseball history. And I see us pulling head even further the next two years.

hells bells
06-24-2014, 09:34 AM
I think he's an ex-Ole Miss baseball player, on the choketastic team of 2009 I believe. Obviously just trying to dig at our fans. Which should even get to any of them.....we are still squarely above them regarding baseball history. And I see us pulling head even further the next two years.

Must admit I am confused on this quote. By the way Matt Smith MSU did win the Disk Golf National Championship you moose twit. Maybe Randy can help us out with the TSUN NC wins.

drummerdawg
06-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Says he's from southernpigskin.com

codeDawg
06-24-2014, 09:45 AM

Football, basketball, baseball, ?

chainedup_Dawg
06-24-2014, 09:45 AM
Says he's from southernpigskin.com

Yes, he is. @MattSmithCFB is his Twitter name

chainedup_Dawg
06-24-2014, 09:50 AM
This, from his "bio" on Southernpigskin should tell you all you need to know. Well, that and he is a Notre Dame grad

"He credits Steve Spurrier and Danny Wuerffel for his love of college football and tailgating at Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn for his love of sundresses. Matt covers the ACC as well as the national scene"

chainedup_Dawg
06-24-2014, 09:50 AM
Football, basketball, baseball, ?

he's counting women's basketball

FISHDAWG
06-24-2014, 09:54 AM
then he should count indoor track & field as well

Goat Holder
06-24-2014, 10:19 AM
This, from his "bio" on Southernpigskin should tell you all you need to know. Well, that and he is a Notre Dame grad

"He credits Steve Spurrier and Danny Wuerffel for his love of college football and tailgating at Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn for his love of sundresses. Matt covers the ACC as well as the national scene"

Whoops looks like I have the wrong guy. I was thinking about this guy: http://www.olemisssports.com/sports/m-basebl/mtt/smith_matt00.html

So you're telling me it's just another snarky douchebag journalist. Who cares.

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 10:22 AM
there's not a "big four". that's just absurd.

quickstrike2
06-24-2014, 10:49 AM
The big 4, wow. That is such as Ole Miss thing to do, just like getting bats taken away at Omaha.

MarketingBully01
06-24-2014, 11:55 AM

That's about as big an IF as I have ever seen considering they only scored in 1 inning yesterday. My guess is Ron Howard's team will lose to the better team over the next two days. Vandy is out of pitching. Beede is their only hope of winning the title. If it goes to 3, Virginia will put up 10+ runs on whoever they throw out tomorrow.