PDA

View Full Version : Elitedawgs > baseball recruiting than Gene

Todd4State
06-24-2014, 01:33 AM
I saw on Genespage that he pretty much denied that we are taking a commitment from Luke Reynolds at this time......yet, also in the same post he claims that we are recruiting him. But the funny thing is there were people showing him Reynolds tweets where he committed to MSU. So, we're not going to take a commitment from a guy that we're recruiting? Does that make sense to anyone?

And then in the same thread, someone asked Gene about Michael Smith, which I thought was pretty funny too.

It's hilarious to me that MsStateBaseball- who I would venture to guess has a real job- is better than at baseball recruiting than Gene who does it for his full time job.

Now in about a week or so- expect Gene to have a story about Luke Reynolds where it basically says that he was only waiting for the staff to get back from the beach to "officially commit" or something like that to make Gene "right".

BeastMan
06-24-2014, 07:50 AM
Ole Gene is something else. As far as premium boards go, I'd say between MsStateBaseball and Todd, I get better free coverage here than I get on pay sites.

MsStateBaseball
06-24-2014, 08:16 AM
I would be more than happy to quit my job and work on Ms State Baseball full time! I would create a website just for baseball with all kinds of info. All I need is money.

Political Hack
06-24-2014, 08:22 AM
Ole Gene is something else. As far as premium boards go, I'd say between MsStateBaseball and Todd, I get better free coverage here than I get on pay sites.

little doubt about that.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-24-2014, 08:30 AM
You guys do a good job on baseball. This is basically the only site that had baseball info.

State82
06-24-2014, 08:48 AM
I would venture to guess this is most probably the best message board of any school in the country when it comes to discussing baseball.

dickiedawg
06-24-2014, 09:04 AM
So, we're not going to take a commitment from a guy that we're recruiting? Does that make sense to anyone?

Makes sense to me. Happens all the time in football- think JT Gray. I know baseball and football recruiting are miles apart, but the concept shouldn't be foreign.

messageboardsuperhero
06-24-2014, 09:12 AM
Gene gets pissed if anyone "tries to out-scoop him" on his board- he's really like a whiny child in that regard.

jumbo
06-24-2014, 09:52 AM
that seems to be a common theme for all the Scout sites. I guess they were used to being the big fish but 24/7 came and kicked them in balls and to the curb.

MsStateBaseball
06-24-2014, 10:36 AM
Todd is right, Gene said "was not finalized" of some sort. That is why he didn't say anything. Well, when a kid does say it and his friends congratulate him over and over...

drunkernhelldawg
06-24-2014, 10:38 AM
I would be more than happy to quit my job and work on Ms State Baseball full time! I would create a website just for baseball with all kinds of info. All I need is money.

Get it started and see where it goes. But keep that damn job.

Dawg61
06-24-2014, 10:43 AM
I'll cover the basketball recruiting news. This is what it'd look like >>>

msstate7
06-24-2014, 10:50 AM
I'll cover the basketball recruiting news. This is what it'd look like >>>

Any hope on that 13th man? I think you and smoot should discuss it haha

Dawg61
06-24-2014, 11:17 AM
Any hope on that 13th man? I think you and smoot should discuss it haha

Same hope that England has to win the World Cup