PDA

View Full Version : New Dudy-Noble vs. Trustmark Park vs. Autozone Park

Todd4State
06-22-2014, 07:42 PM
One thing that has stood out to me lately is people comparing Dudy-Noble and hoping it is going to look like/be like Trustmark Park. Now, I love Trustmark Park and it is very nice, BUT I think that what we are about to build is going to look a lot more like Autozone Park.

David Murray said something interesting to support this when someone on Genespage asked if the new stadium would look like Trustmark- and Murray said- "think more like Autozone Park".

That makes a lot of sense to me because Autozone can handle a crowd more like what we typically draw every year because of the increased capacity. But also because Autozone has pretty much everything that we would want minus the LFL. And one major difference between Autozone and Trustmark Park is Autozone has a deck above the field level seating. And then right above that deck, they have luxury suites at pressbox level.

I think that second deck could be appealing to Scott because he has to deal with the lifetime contract people. I could very easily see him giving those people their seats back under the second deck and then the second deck would be essentially kind of like where the bleacher people are sitting now- so it could make it kind of look like there are more people there and not all spread out.

So, basically I could see us making the first deck the same amount of rows that we currently have, but at a much lower angle. That would allow for an open concourse. Also, Autozone has a family area for kids to play in and it's also has an big area at the entrance where they have bands playing and things like that. All of those are things that we want. And then Autozone has seats that go all the way down the lines, and I think we will get that as well. But the second deck doesn't go all the way down at Autozone I don't believe.

Now, what's interesting to me about the second deck at Autozone is they apparently have a covered concourse there with food and things like that.

So- my best guess is that what we are likely to get is a new grandstand that looks similar to Autozone Park, with the current playing field that we are using and the LFL with some upgraded safety features more or less for a lack of better terms with maybe another terrace type level behind that and maybe a new scoreboard. And honestly, that's pretty much what we all want. And if we model it after Autozone Park- we will no doubt have the best college baseball stadium in America.

MsStateBaseball
06-22-2014, 07:47 PM
A good view is www.heritageproperties.com, look under property management for the picture.

messageboardsuperhero
06-22-2014, 08:06 PM
Autozone's great. I've been to a couple of Redbirds games and concerts there- it's really a beautiful park. If we can successfully incorporate the LFL into that concept (which I definitely think we could), we'd have an outstanding stadium- easily the best in college baseball.

DudyDawg
06-22-2014, 08:15 PM
Shouldn't it be easy to incorporate the outfield lounge as is into a new stadium? I mean to me, just leave anything between the poles alone and make it the same lots with the same people and bang. It's the same. I mean is there any more to it than doing nothing? Or am I missing something here?

Todd4State
06-22-2014, 09:42 PM
Shouldn't it be easy to incorporate the outfield lounge as is into a new stadium? I mean to me, just leave anything between the poles alone and make it the same lots with the same people and bang. It's the same. I mean is there any more to it than doing nothing? Or am I missing something here?

There is concern about the safety of the rigs as is. So, my guess is there will be some type of landing area for each rig and there may be some other regulations for safety reasons. I also think that there may be a student area in right field that is already kind of there as it is, but maybe with more space. But by and large, I think it will be pretty close to the same- just maybe a little bit safer.

messageboardsuperhero
06-22-2014, 09:50 PM
There is concern about the safety of the rigs as is. So, my guess is there will be some type of landing area for each rig and there may be some other regulations for safety reasons. I also think that there may be a student area in right field that is already kind of there as it is, but maybe with more space. But by and large, I think it will be pretty close to the same- just maybe a little bit safer.

Right. I'm thinking (and hoping) that the LFL doesn't change much except for some safety regulations and paved platforms for the rigs to go on instead of just putting them on the bare ground. Also, we need to make the open concourse go behind the lounge and all the way around the stadium, so that may or may not tweak some thinks. Overall though, I doubt anything too dramatic changes in the OF.

And yeah, we need a designated porch/berm/student area- a bunch of students already sit out there in right field, but we need an inclusive area for the average students who aren't Greek and don't have connections to a rig.

Political Hack
06-22-2014, 10:07 PM

it's not just the slots people pull in to. It's also the road in, the gate, scoreboard positioning, etc... that impact's everything in the outfield. they want other options in the outfield for sure. It's just a question of how to get them along with the LFL.

KB21
06-22-2014, 10:09 PM
One thing about Trustmark that I really like is how open the concourse is. Now, I've never been to Autozone to make a comparison. I think an open concourse is something MSU can really take advantage of. First, you can have a pic nic area set up similar to what they have at Trustmark. You can also have Bully Shop along with the concessions, maybe even a MAFES area where you can get ice cream.

Todd4State
06-22-2014, 10:29 PM
One thing about Trustmark that I really like is how open the concourse is. Now, I've never been to Autozone to make a comparison. I think an open concourse is something MSU can really take advantage of. First, you can have a pic nic area set up similar to what they have at Trustmark. You can also have Bully Shop along with the concessions, maybe even a MAFES area where you can get ice cream.

Trustmark is probably at the very least inspired by AutoZone's design at least to a degree. They're very similar as far as the seating goes at the field level- but like I said it's just that Trustmark Park doesn't have the second deck- mainly because it's unnecessary.

msstatelp1
06-22-2014, 11:53 PM
If we do something similar to Autozone, then we will have the premier ball park in the college game. For anyone that hasn't been to a Redbirds game, its worth the trip.