PDA

View Full Version : Fredi Gonzalez

msstate7
06-22-2014, 03:36 PM
I hate this man with a passion. Chris Johnson gets called out on a terrible call by 1st base ump and cj goes nuts. FG does absolutely nothing. Jup gets thrown out in the 9th and crickets from FG again. A manager has to have their players' backs. If any brave players respected him, I'm sure they lost it today. One of our stars (kimbrel) begged for ball last year in playoffs and FG let carpenter lose the season. This team has issues, but FG is a problem. Replace him with terry Pendleton as interim coach, wren!!!!

Oh and wren, cut uggla right now and get us a player with some value on the roster.

KB21
06-22-2014, 03:53 PM
I won't go as far as to say I hate him, but his in game managing and bullpen management are very much lacking. I think he probably manages the clubhouse well, but there's more to it than that. I also would like to see Pendleton in an interim role to see if he can do the job long term. There is a faction of Braves fans that would like to see former Brave Dave Martinez become the manager. Some also like Eddie Perez.

Also, it seems like a no brainer to me to eat Uggla's contract and bring up Phil Gosselin, who could probably take some time away from Chris Johnson at third.

shoeless joe
06-22-2014, 03:59 PM
I didn't see Johnson get tossed but upton had zero beef. That was a bitch move by him to get tossed there. Not sure what you want Fredi to do there?? Get tossed because his player whined about a call that was the correct call??

Admittedly I have watched less braves games this year than in the past 20 but from what I have watched I haven't seen much that would lead me to blame fredi for the way this team has played. They've lost starter after starter and they are still in the hunt. This team just does not have the consistent players needed on offense or in the rotation and add in kimbrel being off his game this year. Again, what would you rather fredi do different than what he has done??

In my opinion the issue with this team is the lack of a big time leader and presence in the club house. I have seen things occur on the field this year that have not been tolerated with this organization in the past...maybe that could be on fredi? But he's not the one hiring and paying these guys. Losing chipper, McCann, and Hudson in 2 years appears to be the main issue with this club.

msstate7
06-22-2014, 04:06 PM
I didn't see Johnson get tossed but upton had zero beef. That was a bitch move by him to get tossed there. Not sure what you want Fredi to do there?? Get tossed because his player whined about a call that was the correct call??

Admittedly I have watched less braves games this year than in the past 20 but from what I have watched I haven't seen much that would lead me to blame fredi for the way this team has played. They've lost starter after starter and they are still in the hunt. This team just does not have the consistent players needed on offense or in the rotation and add in kimbrel being off his game this year. Again, what would you rather fredi do different than what he has done??

In my opinion the issue with this team is the lack of a big time leader and presence in the club house. I have seen things occur on the field this year that have not been tolerated with this organization in the past...maybe that could be on fredi? But he's not the one hiring and paying these guys. Losing chipper, McCann, and Hudson in 2 years appears to be the main issue with this club.

Cj was tossed on an absolute bs call. Jup was tossed for bringing it back up. I watched bobby cox enough to know he would've been raised hell after cj got tossed and even if jup had no beef he'd have his back. FG has no fire.

Continuing to hit bj 2nd bc bj doesn't like to hit 8th should be reason enough to be fired.

shoeless joe
06-22-2014, 04:15 PM
Cj was tossed on an absolute bs call. Jup was tossed for bringing it back up. I watched bobby cox enough to know he would've been raised hell after cj got tossed and even if jup had no beef he'd have his back. FG has no fire.

Continuing to hit bj 2nd bc bj doesn't like to hit 8th should be reason enough to be fired.

If you are goin to compare fredi to bobby cox then i reckon you will never be satisfied with him, or a majority of others. Bobby was quite possibly the best regular season manager of all time, but he had his fair share of postseason head scratchers.

Until a freeman or Heyward steps up in the clubhouse I don't see this team reaching their potential.

shoeless joe
06-22-2014, 04:18 PM
I will also say that I saw cox enough to know that Johnson's ***** attitude and cry baby fits he's shown in the field and in the dugout would not be tolerated.

msstate7
06-22-2014, 04:26 PM
I will also say that I saw cox enough to know that Johnson's ***** attitude and cry baby fits he's shown in the field and in the dugout would not be tolerated.

I'm not a fan of cj's tantrums, but today's was very justified.

If you did watch the braves everyday, you might have a different attitude towards FG. He's making dumb moves daily.

trob115
06-22-2014, 04:31 PM
BJ is defeated before he even steps in the batters box. It's unbelievable we keep an automatic out in the lineup, much less the 2 hole.

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2014, 04:36 PM
I can't stand the man but I wish Ted Turner would buy the Braves back. He at least cared enough about winning to do what was necessary. The braves haven't been worth a fart in a noisemaker since he sold the team.

msstate7
06-22-2014, 04:37 PM
I can't stand the man but I wish Ted Turner would buy the Braves back. He at least cared enough about winning to do what was necessary. The braves haven't been worth a fart in a noisemaker since he sold the team.

I agree with this. Really wish we had a spender as an owner

War Machine Dawg
06-22-2014, 05:03 PM
I agree with this. Really wish we had a spender as an owner

I'm still pissed MLB blocked Arthur Blank from buying the team when Time Warner sold it to Liberty.

msstate7
06-24-2014, 03:07 PM
Bj not cutting it in the 2-hole, so fredi makes adjustment. Bj now leading off. Wow. Hope this goes better than I see it going

Bj
Lastella
Ff
Gattis (dh)
Heyward
Jup
Cj
Simmons
Laird

starkvegasdawg
06-24-2014, 03:12 PM
Bj not cutting it in the 2-hole, so fredi makes adjustment. Bj now leading off. Wow. Hope this goes better than I see it going

Bj
Lastella
Ff
Gattis (dh)
Heyward
Jup
Cj
Simmons
Laird

I'm still surprised he doesn't have Uggla in there somewhere. At least he took the pitcher out of the lineup.

smootness
06-24-2014, 04:13 PM

At this point, I hope it doesn't, and I hate that I've been brought to that point.

BJ isn't going to turn into a good hitter, so I hope he's so terrifyingly bad that either Fredi has to move him or we're forced to fire Fredi.