PDA

View Full Version : All hail Portugal!!!!

Coach34
06-22-2014, 03:32 PM
http://www.enchantedlearning.com/europe/portugal/Flagbig.GIF

DownwardDawg
06-22-2014, 03:33 PM
????

CadaverDawg
06-22-2014, 03:38 PM
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=599370&d=1392219017

Percho
06-22-2014, 04:14 PM
I'm with you fellers.

Coach34
06-22-2014, 08:40 PM
Bump for the outstanding play of the Portugese!!!!

Hooray Prince Henry the Navigator

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-22-2014, 08:53 PM
Bump for the outstanding play of the Portugese!!!!

Hooray Prince Henry the Navigator
You're really trying your hardest to get someone to bite, aren't you?

Intramural All-American
06-22-2014, 08:57 PM
You're really trying your hardest to get someone to bite, aren't you?

Do you realize how upset he is that he is unable to stir the pot? People ignore him and he loses all purpose. Pour soul.

Coach34
06-22-2014, 09:21 PM
Do you realize how upset he is that he is unable to stir the pot? People ignore him and he loses all purpose. Pour soul.

No, I'm genuinely happy Portugal did what they did

dawgs
06-23-2014, 02:01 AM
It must suck to be a miserable person

fishwater99
06-23-2014, 12:26 PM
YOU REALLY HATE SOCCER....

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2014, 01:09 PM
You must hate the fact that they are showing World Cup instead of the WNBA because MLB has plenty of channels.

SignalToNoise
06-23-2014, 01:12 PM
I'm guessing a soccer player porked your girlfriend back in high school or something.

BulldogBear
06-23-2014, 01:15 PM
Comedians...

Coach34
06-23-2014, 01:22 PM
I'm guessing a soccer player porked your girlfriend back in high school or something.

Why would you say that?

Until ol you have had to work in a private school and fight with board members over money and field access between football and soccer- you have no idea. I had a board member ask why we spent 10X the money on foosball over soccer because soccer had won more. Then. Try having your best RB-CB miss 3 weeks due to a select soccer injury suffered on a Saturday during football season- costing you 2 wins and a playoff berth. I literally left the job over soccer.

Until ol they put land mines on the field- soccer will continue to suck and be boring as shit

Dawg61
06-23-2014, 01:37 PM
http://cdn.videogum.com/files/2011/12/americanpsycho2.gif

smootness
06-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Why would you say that?

Until ol you have had to work in a private school and fight with board members over money and field access between football and soccer- you have no idea. I had a board member ask why we spent 10X the money on foosball over soccer because soccer had won more. Then. Try having your best RB-CB miss 3 weeks due to a select soccer injury suffered on a Saturday during football season- costing you 2 wins and a playoff berth. I literally left the job over soccer.

Until ol they put land mines on the field- soccer will continue to suck and be boring as shit

So now we get down to the real reason.

You don't like soccer essentially because it is another sport that isn't football and that it exists.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 01:49 PM
And bc he couldn't win with a player missing. Due to playing another sport. Poor you. Soccer sucks. Wha wha wha

HereComesTheSpiral
06-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Delete

TheRef
06-23-2014, 01:57 PM
Overnight rating from ESPN for the match is a 9.1

Highest ever rating for any game on ESPN excluding NFL and College Football.

99jc
06-23-2014, 02:03 PM
Delete

bunch of flopping ******s. Its not a real mans sport! It is in the same league as water polo, Lawn Croquet, and Shuffle Board at a senior citizen retirement facility.

jimbo352
06-23-2014, 02:06 PM
This thread ****ing sucks...

Covercorner2
06-23-2014, 02:07 PM
bunch of flopping ******s. Its not a real mans sport! It is in the same league as water polo, Lawn Croquet, and Shuffle Board at a senior citizen retirement facility.

Got a bad ass!!!

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 02:09 PM
I really hope he just forgot to put about twelve *. If not, that's just sad

TheRef
06-23-2014, 02:09 PM
Got a bad ass!!!

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111113100133/creepypasta/images/9/9b/Watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Dawg61
06-23-2014, 02:11 PM
You think water polo is a pu$sy sport? You have to be joking right

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 02:16 PM
You think water polo is a pu$sy sport? You have to be joking right

They can't even drown each other!!!!!

Coach34
06-23-2014, 02:19 PM
So now we get down to the real reason.

You don't like soccer essentially because it is another sport that isn't football and that it exists.

no- I've always hated soccer because it is boring as shit. It went to a new level when it cost me my best Player because he is playing that stupid shit during football season. If we lost Prescott for 3 weeks because he was playing soccer on a Sunday before the LSU game- people would go apeshit.

The he kid playing that stupid shit got hurt, and selfishly cost his team a playoff berth. And his teammates won't ever forget that.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 02:22 PM
no- I've always hated soccer because it is boring as shit. It went to a new level when it cost me my best Player because he is playing that stupid shit during football season. If we lost Prescott for 3 weeks because he was playing soccer on a Sunday before the LSU game- people would go apeshit.

The he kid playing that stupid shit got hurt, and selfishly cost his team a playoff berth. And his teammates won't ever forget that.

His teammates, or you? How on earth are you going to sit here and try to bash some kid for choosing another sport and taking that risk? Grow up unless you were Dan Mullen and this kid was Dak, then you have no right to bitch. Can't believe a grown man is calling a KID selfish for playing two sports. Just because you think it is stupid doesn't make it stupid.

boarmassage
06-23-2014, 02:24 PM

And you are mad at a kid for playing a sport he wants to play? Why?

TheRef
06-23-2014, 02:26 PM

Would Basketball get the same reaction from you? Baseball? Track?

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 02:27 PM
And you are mad at a kid for playing a sport he wants to play? Why?

Because it cost HIM.

Tbonewannabe
06-23-2014, 02:32 PM

So if he got hurt playing a pick up basketball game would you hate basketball? My wife's basketball coach in high school was VERY good. 9 State titles good. He wouldn't allow them to roller skate or do a bunch of other stuff. It sounds like you had a bigger problem with the player than you do the sport he got hurt playing.

Dawg61
06-23-2014, 02:44 PM
And the bait has been taken again.

http://demonsresume.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/predator-a.gif

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 02:47 PM
Quick question, how do you highlight something in someone else's post like that?

Dawg61
06-23-2014, 03:07 PM
Quick question, how do you highlight something in someone else's post like that?

Look up ^^^^^ and hit the B button for "bold" after you drag and highlight the section you want bolded

Coach34
06-23-2014, 03:10 PM
His teammates, or you? How on earth are you going to sit here and try to bash some kid for choosing another sport and taking that risk? Grow up unless you were Dan Mullen and this kid was Dak, then you have no right to bitch. Can't believe a grown man is calling a KID selfish for playing two sports. Just because you think it is stupid doesn't make it stupid.

The other sport was not school sanctioned. It was bullshit league soccer.

And when I said teammates- I meant teammates. We had to pull a LB'er off of him. It was bullshit plain and simple

SignalToNoise
06-23-2014, 03:15 PM

If we lost Bear Wilson for a season because he tore a knee ligament playing basketball would it would be okay since that's a sport you happen to like?

hacker
06-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Why would you say that?

holy. shit.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/slkbm.gif

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 03:18 PM
The other sport was not school sanctioned. It was bullshit league soccer.

And when I said teammates- I meant teammates. We had to pull a LB'er off of him. It was bullshit plain and simple

Bullshit league? Select soccer is like AAU basketball for soccer. That's ridiculous. You sound like either a grumpy old man or six year do who thinks things he doesn't like are bullshit and stupid. Quit crying about it and move on.

And, thanks dawgs61. Probably shouldve figured that one out myself.....

hacker

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/powerrangers.gif

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/cf-dafuq.gif

Coach34
If we lost Bear Wilson for a season because he tore a knee ligament playing basketball would it would be okay since that's a sport you happen to like?

absolutely not- that would be stupid also

SignalToNoise
06-23-2014, 03:20 PM

Just so we are clear- If I were a coach and lost a player for any reason- soccer, wake boarding, pulling a hamstring running to the fridge to get a coke during a commercial while watching Saved by the Bell - it would piss me off. I see where you are coming from.

TheRef
06-23-2014, 03:44 PM

So all multi-sport athletes are idiots. Got it! Thanks, Coach.

Coach34
06-23-2014, 03:58 PM
So all multi-sport athletes are idiots. Got it! Thanks, Coach.

You dont play another sport while you are playing a major sport. That is indeed- idiotic.

smootness
06-23-2014, 04:02 PM
You dont play another sport while you are playing a major sport. That is indeed- idiotic.

Who determines what is a 'major' sport? The athlete? Or you?

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 04:06 PM
There's nothing idiotic about doing two things you enjoy. Sorry that you lost some games and blame the kid for it. Doesn't make multi sport athletes/soccer stupid.

DownwardDawg
06-23-2014, 04:12 PM
And the bait has been taken again.

http://demonsresume.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/predator-a.gif

Every time!

RougeDawg
06-23-2014, 04:21 PM
Soccer is only boring to those ignorant on the sport, which in inherently a result of being closed minded. I can see where someone who never played or took 30 minutes to learn the basics would find it boring. These guys are very athletic and tdun to watch for those knowledgeable on the sport. In fact soccer helped my football and baseball skills by forcing the body to do something different that the other two sports allow, the use if tour hands. Eye-foot coordination greatly improved my hand-eye coordination in baseball. Same way the suggest a LH hitter take some BP from right side of plate and vice versa. The idea is to do something eye coordination wise that is out of your norm, to improve your regular hand-eye coordination.

Nicky Santoro
06-23-2014, 04:35 PM
It went to a new level when it cost me my best Player because he is playing that stupid shit during football season.

Dude - this was jr. high football right? you think that kid didn't have a commitment to his soccer teammates also? sometimes you meat out just a little too much....

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Soccer is only boring to those ignorant on the sport, which in inherently a result of being closed minded. I can see where someone who never played or took 30 minutes to learn the basics would find it boring. These guys are very athletic and tdun to watch for those knowledgeable on the sport. In fact soccer helped my football and baseball skills by forcing the body to do something different that the other two sports allow, the use if tour hands. Eye-foot coordination greatly improved my hand-eye coordination in baseball. Same way the suggest a LH hitter take some BP from right side of plate and vice versa. The idea is to do something eye coordination wise that is out of your norm, to improve your regular hand-eye coordination.

That post had more twists and turns than an M. Night Shamalamadingdong movie. I was lost

Coach34
06-23-2014, 04:46 PM
Dude - this was jr. high football right? ....

uhhhhhh no. 3A HS ball

smootness
06-23-2014, 04:49 PM
uhhhhhh no. 3A HS ball

Ahhhhhhh SNAP. Definitely big enough to call kids selfish for playing multiple sports that aren't 'major' enough them. Everyone knows that once HS starts, football should be more important than anything in a person's life.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 04:50 PM
uhhhhhh no. 3A HS ball
So an 18 year old in a smaller high school was selfish for wanting to play two sports at the only time in his life when that would be possible. Yeah, makes sense*

Coach34
06-23-2014, 04:51 PM
Who determines what is a 'major' sport? The athlete?

America decides that. 10 people at a soccer function pretty much shows it's importance. Because that was about our average attendance for their games during soccer season

smootness
06-23-2014, 04:53 PM
America decides that. 10 people at a soccer function pretty much shows it's importance. Because that was about our average attendance for their games during soccer season

Just wanted to make sure I was correct in assuming that you actually believe it is up to others to decide what should be important in a person's life. And you do. Carry on.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 04:53 PM

So that makes it less meaningful to that kid?

Coach34
06-23-2014, 04:57 PM
Ahhhhhhh SNAP. Everyone knows that once HS starts, football should be more important than anything in a person's life.

Now you're learning

Coach34
06-23-2014, 05:02 PM
So that makes it less meaningful to that kid?

He had November to July to play all the ******* soccer he wanted. You dont play another sport when you are involved in a major sport. It's stupid. You put your body at too much risk. This kid was was running the football 15 times per game on Friday nights and playing 60 plays on defense. He was getting hit and beat on- then going and playing soccer the next damn morning. And guess what? He got hurt because of it.

Sports shouldnt be about "play everything you can". Your body needs an offseason to rest and train. Shit, I loved shooting a basketball and was damn good at it- but there just wasnt time between playing football and baseball.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 05:08 PM
He had November to July to play all the ******* soccer he wanted. You dont play another sport when you are involved in a major sport. It's stupid. You put your body at too much risk. This kid was was running the football 15 times per game on Friday nights and playing 60 plays on defense. He was getting hit and beat on- then going and playing soccer the next damn morning. And guess what? He got hurt because of it.

Sports shouldnt be about "play everything you can". Your body needs an offseason to rest and train. Shit, I loved shooting a basketball and was damn good at it- but there just wasnt time between playing football and baseball.

No. Sports should be about "play everything you enjoy because you're 18 and not in the NFL so you should do things in life that make you happy before you have to enter the real world". But then again, I never lost a 3A high school game because a kid was being a kid and doing something that makes him happy. You're just coming off as a cynical prick

Dawg61
06-23-2014, 05:30 PM
Coach34 Kilmer, oopty oopp?

http://www.themoviescene.co.uk/reviews/_img/1425-3.jpg

Percho
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM
If it had not been soccer it would have been a four way stop. Destiny. Call it.

Just watched, "No Country for Old Men."

dawgs
06-23-2014, 05:36 PM
Damn, you're coming off really petty and immature here coach.

I seen it dawg
06-23-2014, 05:59 PM
Soccer is only boring to those ignorant on the sport, which in inherently a result of being closed minded.

Being ignorant on the sport does not necessarily mean they are close minded. It might just mean they took one look at it and decided they thought it was stupid so they chose to never like it. People do that with all sports.

CadaverDawg
06-23-2014, 06:22 PM

http://img.pandawhale.com/66299-Mal-Reynolds-Firefly-speechles-iEFf.gif

Pollodawg
06-23-2014, 06:33 PM
I always hate to open these threads because I know someone will piss and moan like you just slapped their mother over someone not liking soccer.

Dawg61
06-23-2014, 06:35 PM
I always hate to open these threads because I know someone will piss and moan like you just slapped their mother over someone not liking soccer.

Better than 2017 football recruiting in 2014**

Pollodawg
06-23-2014, 06:36 PM
Better than 2017 football recruiting in 2014**

People just need to quit taking Coach not liking soccer so personal. Sack up. I know guys who don't like football and would rather watch soccer, but I don't friggen cry over it we bring it up.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 06:38 PM
People just need to quit taking Coach not liking soccer so personal. Sack up. I know guys who don't like football and would rather watch soccer, but I don't friggen cry over it we bring it up.

People arent mad about that. At least I'm not. It had like 5 posts until he basically said this kid was selfish for playing soccer. That's what people are jumping on, not that he won't watch the World Cup.

Pollodawg
06-23-2014, 06:43 PM
People arent mad about that. At least I'm not. It had like 5 posts until he basically said this kid was selfish for playing soccer. That's what people are jumping on, not that he won't watch the World Cup.

I don't know about hating on the kid for playing soccer. I just don't care for soccer. I am cool with people wanting to watch it and enjoy it. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't dig it myself.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 06:48 PM
I don't know about hating on the kid for playing soccer. I just don't care for soccer. I am cool with people wanting to watch it and enjoy it. Nothing wrong with that. I just don't dig it myself.
And I think most soccer fans feel the same. I do. If you don't like it that's great, but why try to piss people off that do. Which you aren't doing, and thank you for that.

But again, that's not why people are cursing coach34

dawgs
06-23-2014, 06:52 PM

This. It's pretty important to understand why the "pro soccer" crowd is talking shit here. It's not a "let's berate people that don't like soccer because we think we are better/smarter/more worldly/whatever", it's purely because he's being butthurt about a HS kid playing multiple sports and getting hurt playing a ***** sport.

Brad Stevens
06-23-2014, 06:55 PM
I went to a 3A school and quit all sports other than basketball to focus on that sport in high school, mainly because I loved that sport the most. There were many other great athletes at my school (and schools in our league) who played multiple sports. Some even played soccer and football (oh the horror)!!! All this does is further prove Coach is the narcissist we all thought. The kid doesn't live for you, coach. It's his life. You, like every other high school coach in the country, should deal with injuries and personnel as they come. It just sounds to me like you didn't adjust well and need someone to blame it on. It's fine if you don't like soccer, but don't be a d-bag and have a lifetime full of hatred because a kid got hurt. But I'm sure you're convinced he hurt himself on purpose to prove a point, so I'm glad you're still mad 20 years later. **

hacker
06-23-2014, 06:59 PM

either way, if this is your story, this makes the kid stupid, not soccer

I don't agree that the kid is stupid, but that's like blaming the gun for a shooting.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM
either way, if this is your story, this makes the kid stupid, not soccer

I don't agree that the kid is stupid, but that's like blaming the gun for a shooting.

More like snapping the gun over your knee for not working in deer season because it was used in duck season

hacker
06-23-2014, 07:02 PM

Nobody cares that he doesn't like soccer. You don't like soccer either, and who cares? It's just the over the top crap he's posting that everyone is responding to. Which, I guess, makes us all suckers, because that's exactly the response he is trying to elicit.

Vandownbytheriver
06-23-2014, 07:18 PM
You can not like a sport without rooting against your country and being a complete ****ing dickwad about it. Huge ****ing difference.

Vandownbytheriver
06-23-2014, 07:19 PM
And to add, if one player cost you a spot in the playoffs, you were a shitty coach to begin with.

Brad Stevens
06-23-2014, 07:48 PM
And to add, if one player cost you a spot in the playoffs, you were a shitty coach to begin with.

^^^^^ This is my thought exactly. My senior year in basketball, we lost our best post player to a torn ACL while he was still playing football. It was unfortunate for us, but our coach did a great job of hiding our weaknesses and playing to our strengths, and we won a division title because of his coaching.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-23-2014, 07:56 PM
This^^

CadaverDawg
06-23-2014, 07:58 PM
If God has a sense of humor, Coach will have a son that plays soccer for Ole Miss one day

hacker
06-23-2014, 08:10 PM
If God has a sense of humor, Coach will have a son that plays soccer for Ole Miss one day

If Ole Miss actually has a soccer team, that's the best reason for hating soccer I've heard yet

bgdog
06-23-2014, 08:13 PM

You think people in this thread give a shit whether some random guy on the internet likes soccer or not? I think most people clicked on the thread to wonder why someone would choose to root for the opposing country as opposed to just not pay attention to the game, you know, the way a sane person would.

I think that's why we clicked on the thread and then we stayed just out of shock at how petty, miserable, and pathetic someone would have to be to be bitter about a teenager choosing to play soccer and football.

War Machine Dawg
06-23-2014, 08:15 PM
Nobody cares that he doesn't like soccer. You don't like soccer either, and who cares? It's just the over the top crap he's posting that everyone is responding to. Which, I guess, makes us all suckers, because that's exactly the response he is trying to elicit.

I can't believe people continue to fall for this. C34 is a message board genius. For the second time in less than a week he's generated at least a 5 page thread about a non-major US sport during the dog days of summer.

mstatefan91
06-23-2014, 08:16 PM
This thread brought some lulz. Thanks for that at least Coach. Now go drink your sorrows away and accept that you can't do anything about the past.

War Machine Dawg
06-23-2014, 08:17 PM
You can not like a sport without rooting against your country and being a complete ****ing dickwad about it. Huge ****ing difference.

While I totally agree with your sentiment, have you not figured out Coach is trolling like hell with these threads? It's actually become humorous to me to watch him get so many people worked up over this.

bgdog
06-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I mean shit, I know you haven't really been getting the attention the 14 year old girl inside of you requires ever since stansbury left, but wow. You're number one responsibility as a high school coach is to help develop kids into decent human beings, and you're here ****ing bitter because some kid wanted to play two sports and it messed up your plans.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 08:23 PM
I can't believe people continue to fall for this. C34 is a message board genius. For the second time in less than a week he's generated at least a 5 page thread about a non-major US sport during the dog days of summer.
I think most of us realize that's what was originally intended, and that's why it sat with about 6 responses all day until he blamed some highschool kid for being "selfish" for playing a sport he didn't coach. That wasn't message board genius, that was him being a prick and when he everyone jumped on him he tried to make it seem like he wasn't in the wrong. That all had nothing to do with trolling

Vandownbytheriver
06-23-2014, 08:28 PM

I know he's a troll and that's part of what i like about the guy, but still, openly saying, even if it is a trolling attempt, you're rooting against your country is sad and pathetic. Where was the hate for our shitty hockey team or our baseball team that gets ass raped in the WBC? I root for the USA in everything just like I do State no matter the sport. His excuse was, as usual, a way to make something that has absolutely nothing to do with him about him. If he needs the ad revenue from all of our clicks do like the two fat boys on SPS do and ask for donations. We'd give him money.

smootness
06-23-2014, 09:06 PM
Creating threads rooting against your own country for the sole purpose of trolling...yeah, seems like a phenomenal way to build a good message board***

Coach34
06-23-2014, 09:16 PM

Or a team with very little talent that I coached the **** up and got them in position to make the playoffs- but when you dont have much talent and lose your best player- it's crippling

Coach34
06-23-2014, 09:17 PM
Creating threads rooting against your own country for the sole purpose of trolling...yeah, seems like a phenomenal way to build a good message board***

I'm not trolling- I legitimately cheered for Portugal and will be hoping for a 2-0 rout by the Germans in the next match

Coach34
06-23-2014, 09:23 PM
I went to a 3A school and quit all sports other than basketball to focus on that sport in high school, mainly because I loved that sport the most. There were many other great athletes at my school (and schools in our league) who played multiple sports. Some even played soccer and football (oh the horror)!!!

School soccer would have been fine- it starts after football is over. I have no problem with playing multiple sports- I did it also. Just not at the same time.