PDA

View Full Version : World's Largest Congregation of Cowbells?

TheRef
06-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Apparently, there's a world record for that. I wrote a blog post about it on Maroon and White Nation

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/06/22/world-record-congregation-cowbells/

TaleofTwoDogs
06-22-2014, 12:37 PM
If 1,935 bells is the record, I think we break that record every home game (an even away games). If you're talking about setting the record, I agree the Auburn game would be the one (irony and revenge together).

State82
06-22-2014, 02:27 PM
Good job on that find, Ref. Let's make it happen. There is no way Guinness should have any kind of record involving cowbell ringing that does not involve MSU.

MSUDawg4Life
06-22-2014, 02:35 PM
Do we really want people to know exactly how many cowbells we bring to the games? With all of the people trying to get them banned over the years, is it a good idea to have documented proof that we brought 30,000 cowbells to a game?

I don't know if this is a good idea ....

TheRef
06-22-2014, 02:37 PM
Do we really want people to know exactly how many cowbells we bring to the games? With all of the people trying to get them banned over the years, is it a good idea to have documented proof that we brought 30,000 cowbells to a game?

I don't know if this is a good idea ....

It's legal now....no reason to worry. This is an AMAZING idea.

MSUDawg4Life
06-22-2014, 02:53 PM
"Now".

It can just as easily become illegal again.

TheRef
06-22-2014, 02:57 PM
"Now".

Take advantage of the situation. Do you really think that they'll use the world record against us? What will be their argument? Stricklin has fought to give us the cowbell legally. I don't think us getting a World Record will make all of the other officials say "Oh....we need to ban it now that they have a world record!"

State82
06-22-2014, 03:22 PM
"Now".

It won't unless our idiotic fans refuse to adhere to a few simple rules that will protect a cherished tradition.

TheRef
06-22-2014, 03:23 PM
It won't unless our idiotic fans refuse to adhere to a few simple rules that will protect a cherished tradition.

It's even easier now. You pretty much just can't ring from when the center is over the ball to when the play is blown dead.

starkvegasdawg
06-22-2014, 03:40 PM
"Now".
And we all know that nobody ever brought one to a game when they were illegal. I bet people would love to drink at the games too. Wish they would legalize alcohol in the stadium so people could drink.

DawgHouseUnited
06-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Honestly, if all we had to beat was 2,000, we could even do it at a baseball game of our own. I can't believe that it would be difficult to plan & execute.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-23-2014, 10:08 AM
Just do it at cowbell yell if they are going to do that this year

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 10:33 AM
And we all know that nobody ever brought one to a game when they were illegal. I bet people would love to drink at the games too. Wish they would legalize alcohol in the stadium so people could drink.

Wait, you're not allowed to drink at games?? I always thought it was BYOB……..

Also, didn't they just change the rule giving us more ability to ring? I'll try to find a link of it

TheRef
06-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Wait, you're not allowed to drink at games?? I always thought it was BYOB……..

Also, didn't they just change the rule giving us more ability to ring? I'll try to find a link of it

We can now ring until the center is over the ball. Also, PA sounds can be played until then. There is now a LOT more leeway for artificial noisemakers.

DudyDawg
06-23-2014, 10:36 AM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/sec-will-relax-rules-regarding-sound-music/

Yup, basically we can now legally do what we used to and ring it while someone is in the huddle. Basically, ring the hell out of it from the time Bmac makes the tackle to the time the center grabs it.

Jack Lambert
06-23-2014, 11:29 AM
I think with the new SEC network the conference is trying to embrace and highlight the traditions at each school to generate interest. the louder the better and I don't think we will hear much about it anymore. Everyone out side the SEC thinks the Cowbell is pretty cool. I get asked about it all the time.

PassInterference
06-23-2014, 11:32 AM
I think with the new SEC network the conference is trying to make game atmospheres better and more exciting.

Fixed that for you.

dickiedawg
06-23-2014, 02:52 PM
Except I imagine the sign on the High Definition Video Board will still have the "no ringing" sign up except while time is out.

TheRef
06-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Except I imagine the sign on the High Definition Video Board will still have the "no ringing" sign up except while time is out.

I hope not since the rule has been changed. Change the graphics to reflect that.