PDA

View Full Version : Miss brave fans

msstate7
06-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Jose Peraza hit .342 at Lynchburg and was promoted to AA Mississippi. He is considered a very hot prospect. He stole 35 bases at Lynchburg also. He doesn't have any power though. I wonder if his ascendancy means that Tommy La Stella will be another Tyler Pastornicky and be relegated to a utility role down the road.

Anybody watch the AA braves here? If so, please give some reports

Todd4State
06-21-2014, 05:33 PM
Chris Chambliss will be at the game on Monday. Chambliss hit a very famous home run off of my uncle in the 1976 ALCS.

I might try to get my uncle to come down and do a Kenny Powers/Reg MacElworthy re-enactment scene and knock his eyeball out.

I pull for the Cardinals, but the M-Braves are my favorite minor league team. I pull for the hometown team even if we had the Cubs AA team.

msstate7
06-21-2014, 05:38 PM
Great. I know you'll give a good evaluation and sorry for your uncle's misfortune

Todd4State
06-21-2014, 05:50 PM
Great. I know you'll give a good evaluation and sorry for your uncle's misfortune

LOL. I've lived with that my entire life.

Every legendary home run has someone that threw the ball to start with.

msstate7
06-23-2014, 07:34 AM
9 for 18 with a double, triple, 2 sb's, 1 cs since promotion. Hey lastella, you might wanna start hitting again esp considering Jose is supposedly a plus defender.

msstate7
06-23-2014, 11:26 PM
3-5 Monday night with 1 hr, 2 rbi's, and 3 runs. He leads all minor leaguers in hits (109) and 2nd in sb's. He just turned 20. I'm starting to get excited about this kid.

Todd4State
06-23-2014, 11:41 PM
His home run tonight was on a ball that he pulled into the LF bullpen. He's FAST. Small, but fast. It's hard to judge a guy off of one game, but he was the best player on the field tonight. They had him at second base, and I don't remember him having to make any plays defensively.

Despite his home run tonight, I don't think he will be a big power guy in MLB.

War Machine Dawg
06-24-2014, 12:16 AM
His home run tonight was on a ball that he pulled into the LF bullpen. He's FAST. Small, but fast. It's hard to judge a guy off of one game, but he was the best player on the field tonight. They had him at second base, and I don't remember him having to make any plays defensively.

Despite his home run tonight, I don't think he will be a big power guy in MLB.

The Braves don't need another power guy. They need a legit leadoff guy in the worst way. Sounds like Peraza could be that for us, maybe as soon as next season. Wonder if we could teach him CF so we could legit bench BJ.

Todd4State
06-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Well, Peraza is a lead-off guy for sure. I think he might/probably could potentially learn to play CF, but it's hard to say until he actually is put out there. That way the Braves could keep LaStella at second and Simmons at SS and not have a log jam in the middle infield.

CF is one spot you don't want to be weak at because it's a leadership position and poor communication can lead to disaster over and over again. Also, I haven't seen Peraza throw so, I don't know how good his arm is- and that might be why he is at second. You don't want a weaker arm in CF.

msstate7
06-24-2014, 06:10 AM
Lotta chatter from brave fans saying he could be moved to 3b. Jose's played ss, so the arm must be good. CJ's contract is for 2 more years and it's not that expensive. Shouldn't be that hard to move if he continues to hit

msstate7
06-24-2014, 06:34 AM
Jose is now .522/.783/1.304 since promotion to AA. No walks in 23 at bats, but only 1 k.

msstate7
06-24-2014, 06:40 AM
The Braves don't need another power guy. They need a legit leadoff guy in the worst way. Sounds like Peraza could be that for us, maybe as soon as next season. Wonder if we could teach him CF so we could legit bench BJ.

Yep.

Peraza (r)
Lastella (l)
Ff (l)
Gattis (r)
Heyward (l)

Nice top half of lineup and all homegrown

War Machine Dawg
06-24-2014, 10:53 AM
Lotta chatter from brave fans saying he could be moved to 3b. Jose's played ss, so the arm must be good. CJ's contract is for 2 more years and it's not that expensive. Shouldn't be that hard to move if he continues to hit

I was actually wondering if LaStella could move to 3B. If Peraza's arm is good enough for 3B, then I see no reason it wouldn't be good enough for CF. Make it happen, Wren.

BoomBoom
06-24-2014, 08:40 PM
I was actually wondering if LaStella could move to 3B. If Peraza's arm is good enough for 3B, then I see no reason it wouldn't be good enough for CF. Make it happen, Wren.

his arm isn't good enough, it's just average. he's a natural 2B. and position players typically don't get moved after they are promoted to AA. the decision on where they will stick is usually made in A ball.