PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss gets another transfer

ShotgunDawg
06-20-2014, 09:09 AM
It's so strange how they are always in on these guys. It's clear that Mullen stays away from these players.

I wonder if Ole Miss told Stringfellow that they didn't have the QB to throw the ball down field?

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/damoreea-stringfellow-transfer-ole-miss/

Irondawg
06-20-2014, 09:11 AM
Still a good pickup assuming his incident wasn't that bad ( I honestly have no clue ) but is odd how they often become the destination of choice even for guys across the country.

Dawgfan77
06-20-2014, 09:14 AM
The culture they are breeding up there is going bite them in the ass.

DawgHouseUnited
06-20-2014, 09:16 AM
He's transferring for some of that Denzel/Bo Dirt mission work...

FISHDAWG
06-20-2014, 09:20 AM
they should just go ahead and change their uni's to black and white stripes... #thebeagleboys

HereComesTheSpiral
06-20-2014, 09:23 AM
When are they going to make a run on DGB from mizzou? He just needs a little heppin and the opportunity to play for love.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-20-2014, 09:24 AM
they should just go ahead and change their uni's to black and white stripes... #thebeagleboys

They wanted orange but UT wouldnt let them have it.

1998Dawg
06-20-2014, 09:28 AM
Still a good pickup assuming his incident wasn't that bad ( I honestly have no clue ) but is odd how they often become the destination of choice even for guys across the country.

Thats a stretch. The guy didn't exactly ball out last season. And he played in the weak PAC12. Wait til he lines up vs a Bama or MSU type D.

Once again, the hype machine is in full blast. Anything to win the press conference I guess.

Bullybaroo
06-20-2014, 09:31 AM
Stringfellow is a WR, for goodness sake. Be thankful that it wasn't a stud OL or LB. They can only have so many WRs on the field at once. My thoughts are on the Dawgs. We'll be just fine.

thf24
06-20-2014, 09:41 AM
What are the chances a guy with his background who has to sit out a year stays out of trouble? Especially in the company he'll be joining.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2014, 09:53 AM
http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattlesports/2014/04/01/washington-huskies-damoreea-stringfellow-to-face-assault-charges-should-cyler-miles-be-reinstated/
Looks like an outstanding citizen:
"Stringfellow has been identified as the suspect who allegedly grabbed a woman and damaged her camera near the UW campus on Feb. 2, the Times’ Adam Jude reported, shortly after the Seattle Seahawks’ victory over the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII.
Stringfellow was also the main suspect in a second incident that night, when two men jumped out of their vehicle and repeatedly punched a man after asking him if he was a Seahawks fan. "

MaxedOutMaroon
06-20-2014, 10:14 AM
Smart move by the guy: Go somewhere that they cover up criminal activities. I'm sure he will beat up some Saints fans on OM campus, but it was out of love so it'll be ok

smootness
06-20-2014, 10:23 AM
This is not a good pickup. As a State fan, I love the fact that Ole Miss continues to do this kind of thing. It has burned them in the past, and they haven't learned anything from that. Keep doing it.

HancockCountyDog
06-20-2014, 10:36 AM
This is not a good pickup. As a State fan, I love the fact that Ole Miss continues to do this kind of thing. It has burned them in the past, and they haven't learned anything from that. Keep doing it.

I agree.....potentially.

If this guy does what I think he will do, (get in another fight, get kicked out) its a perfect pickup for us. I googled the guy and two things came up - him punching a Seahawks fan (as a Saints fan, Im ok with this.) and going for 147 yards with 8 catches and a TD against UCLA. That concerns me a little. I prefer for the bears to land overrated players that have stars but not production -like the kid they picked up from UCLA last year. Going for a 147 yards against UCLA is pretty damn impressive, especially as a freshman.

Im assuming he has to sit out this year, unless they have found some long lost relative that is sick, and he is moving back to oxford to be close to them.

smootness
06-20-2014, 10:40 AM
I agree.....potentially.

If this guy does what I think he will do, (get in another fight, get kicked out) its a perfect pickup for us. I googled the guy and two things came up - him punching a Seahawks fan (as a Saints fan, Im ok with this.) and going for 147 yards with 8 catches and a TD against UCLA. That concerns me a little. I prefer for the bears to land overrated players that have stars but not production -like the kid they picked up from UCLA last year. Going for a 147 yards against UCLA is pretty damn impressive, especially as a freshman.

Im assuming he has to sit out this year, unless they have found some long lost relative that is sick, and he is moving back to oxford to be close to them.

I don't care what his talent level is, honestly. You go after too many guys like this, and it spells big problems for you. The fact that they even want guys like this is a bad sign for the program.

Dawg61
06-20-2014, 11:29 AM
If he did that vs UCLA then he only had 12 catches and 100 yds the entire rest of the season. Now he sits out a year. He'll fu*k up again if he's got 15 months before he plays his first game.

mic
06-20-2014, 02:54 PM
They will probably try and add him to the 2014 and 2015 recruiting class .. If his star rating is high enough

yjnkdawg
06-20-2014, 03:38 PM
How does OM know about these players, or how does one of these players know about OM and decide to visit? It must be some kind of college football crime syndicate network. lol... First question asked must be have you ever assaulted anyway or had any legal problems? If the answer is yes, then it appears the OM answer is welcome aboard to the "Heppin University".

Dawgface
06-20-2014, 04:44 PM
How does OM know about these players, or how does one of these players know about OM and decide to visit? It must be some kind of college football crime syndicate network. lol... First question asked must be have you ever assaulted anyway or had any legal problems? If the answer is yes, then it appears the OM answer is welcome aboard to the "Heppin University".
OM is nationally known for taking these players so he may have sought them out.

Dawg61
06-20-2014, 05:24 PM
Found Ole Miss's next target

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/16/disturbing-details-of-what-led-to-irish-wrs-arrest-emerge/

Todd4State
06-20-2014, 06:16 PM

Remember when Orgeron asked Tulane's coach for their QB if their program shut down?

I would not be shocked AT ALL if Freeze calls up people like Florida State, Oregon, Notre Dame, and etc. and asks them to give them a heads up on anybody that gets into trouble.