PDA

View Full Version : If they throw Ellis tonight, win, and then throw Trent Sat., it is a travisty...

dawgclub99
06-20-2014, 05:30 AM
Those guys have pro careers ahead of them and it just shows further proof that Bianco does not give a shit about his players or they're arms. Hed rather win at all cost.

msstate7
06-20-2014, 05:55 AM
Ellis has had 4 days rest, which is same as an mlb pitcher.

Trent would only have 3 days rest if he pitches Saturday.

Saltydog
06-20-2014, 06:28 AM
tonight and if so, lookout........

msstate7
06-20-2014, 06:35 AM
tonight and if so, lookout........

I would take Virginia's guy over Ellis at this point. UVA has seen Ellis just 5 days ago and this will be Ellis' quickest turnaround this year.

Virginia 5
OM 2

Saltydog
06-20-2014, 06:37 AM
team and it wouldn't surprise me to see them to beat UVA tonight.....

HailState39110
06-20-2014, 06:44 AM
Didn't we pitch Graveman last year both times vs Oregon St?

msstate7
06-20-2014, 06:59 AM
Didn't we pitch Graveman last year both times vs Oregon St?

Yes, but he only pitched 4.2 innings in game 1. Ellis went much deeper in game 1

Homedawg
06-20-2014, 07:40 AM
Those guys have pro careers ahead of them and it just shows further proof that Bianco does not give a shit about his players or they're arms. Hed rather win at all cost.

Coming back on 4 days rest is no big deal. And coming back on 3 days rest one time after just over 100 pitches isn't going to kill anyone.actually it's no worse than bringing holder back after 70 pitches on one days rest. It's continual abuse that's a problem. Not one time. . I hate them worse than anything- but i'd do the same thing. And so would we. Don't let your hatred get in the way.

Pioneer Dawg
06-20-2014, 07:40 AM
CC Sabathia went on 3 days rest the whole last month of the year with the Brewers a few years back.

I don't think it would be a travesty at all.

msstate7
06-20-2014, 07:43 AM
CC Sabathia went on 3 days rest the whole last month of the year with the Brewers a few years back.

I don't think it would be a travesty at all.

Well one diffrnce is cc already had huge contract. I don't think Ellis is big deal, but I'd be careful with Trent (50-60 pitches)

Bubb Rubb
06-20-2014, 08:14 AM

It's not a travesty. They have a chance at a national championship. You do what you have to do.

HancockCountyDog
06-20-2014, 08:16 AM
Coming back on 4 days rest is no big deal. And coming back on 3 days rest one time after just over 100 pitches isn't going to kill anyone.actually it's no worse than bringing holder back after 70 pitches on one days rest. It's continual abuse that's a problem. Not one time. . I hate them worse than anything- but i'd do the same thing. And so would we. Don't let your hatred get in the way.

Do not let logic or our past decisions get in the way here. If the midget from oxford throws Ellis today - he is basically trying to kill Ellis. That is the company line we are going with today. Either get on board or you must be a closet rebel. lol

Vandownbytheriver
06-20-2014, 08:17 AM
I do like the moving party lines in their run from State fans this year. Each day brings something new with cheating, bad coaching, win at all costs, etc.

mic
06-20-2014, 08:19 AM
Everyone will be available tonight except for Trent and maybe Laxer ..
They win tonight things will get very interesting Saturday...

AlSwearengen
06-20-2014, 08:20 AM
team and it wouldn't surprise me to see them to beat UVA tonight.....

olemiss got very lucky to beat texas tech. tech basically gave that game to them. olemiss hit the ball last night, but tcu played a 15 inning game the night before and were into their bullpen.

Homedawg
06-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Do not let logic or our past decisions get in the way here. If the midget from oxford throws Ellis today - he is basically trying to kill Ellis. That is the company line we are going with today. Either get on board or you must be a closet rebel. lol

Haha. Well rest assured I'll be a cavalier fan today!

1998Dawg
06-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Tsun doesn't have a shot in hell to win tonight, that is a FACT. I'm with you Homedawg, I'll be the biggest Cavalier this side of the mason dixon!

Coach34
06-20-2014, 08:27 AM
Tsun doesn't have a shot in hell to win tonight, that is a FACT. I'm with you Homedawg, I'll be the biggest Cavalier this side of the mason dixon!

We have a Bear in Bulldog fur or Jeanspage lost a sheep. This guy's posts are way over the top

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2014, 08:28 AM
I do like the moving party lines in their run from State fans this year. Each day brings something new with cheating, bad coaching, win at all costs, etc.
C'mon though, what are the chances that we had our best year in history last year and then ole miss suddenly breaks through their jinx of not making it to Omaha? We motivated them one way or another.

HancockCountyDog
06-20-2014, 08:29 AM
We have a Bear in Bulldog fur or Jeanspage lost a sheep. This guy's posts are way over the top

^^^^BINGO^^^^^

I thought it was just me.

messageboardsuperhero
06-20-2014, 08:33 AM
No, it wouldn't be a travesty. It's called trying to win the game. Pitching someone once on three or four days rest isn't going to kill their arm. Bianco has done some stupid shit with pitchers over the years, but this would not be one of those things.

The real question is- if UM was somehow able to beat UVA twice with Ellis and Trent, who would they have left for the Championship series?

ScottH
06-20-2014, 08:38 AM
Regardlless who UM throws tonight, UVA has Kirby tomorrow.

chainedup_Dawg
06-20-2014, 08:42 AM
olemiss got very lucky to beat texas tech. tech basically gave that game to them. olemiss hit the ball last night, but tcu played a 15 inning game the night before and were into their bullpen.

This. They have played one game in which they scored earned runs and it was against a depleted staff. They did play better defense last night. Not to mention, I believe a TCU base runner got caught between third and home which was stupid as hell and would've been the go ahead run early in the game that I believe would've changed the game completely

Pioneer Dawg
06-20-2014, 08:43 AM
The real question is- if UM was somehow able to beat UVA twice with Ellis and Trent, who would they have left for the Championship series?

Probably Ellis and Trent*

Vandownbytheriver
06-20-2014, 08:51 AM
C'mon though, what are the chances that we had our best year in history last year and then ole miss suddenly breaks through their jinx of not making it to Omaha? We motivated them one way or another.

I'd go with motivation because they wanted to one up us. The first couple of games their bats were dead and it was because the tennis rackets they were using were taken up. Then it was Vasoline on the balls. Then it was luck. Now it's they are trying to ruin kids professional careers. It's just like last year with their fans. The rivals team has to be doing something completely unethical because there is no way they could win on the up and up. If they lose to UVA you'll have the, "I told you they sucked and their luck finally ran out!!!!!!" crowd. If they win the whole thing you'll have the "This is the weakest CWS field ever and they just got lucky" crowd. It makes for damn good reading on the message boards though.

C222
06-20-2014, 08:56 AM
I'd go with motivation because they wanted to one up us. The first couple of games their bats were dead and it was because the tennis rackets they were using were taken up. Then it was Vasoline on the balls. Then it was luck. Now it's they are trying to ruin kids professional careers. It's just like last year with their fans. The rivals team has to be doing something completely unethical because there is no way they could win on the up and up. If they lose to UVA you'll have the, "I told you they sucked and their luck finally ran out!!!!!!" crowd. If they win the whole thing you'll have the "This is the weakest CWS field ever and they just got lucky" crowd. It makes for damn good reading on the message boards though.

This is a pretty weak field but if they make it to the Championship series, it would be the 3rd National seed they knocked off. They would have definitely earned it.

1998Dawg
06-20-2014, 09:07 AM
I am far from a Genes pager but my in-laws are all bears and I can't stand the thought of them talking up this baseball team for one more day. Amazing because this is the first they've even cared about bear baseball.

messageboardsuperhero
06-20-2014, 09:12 AM
Probably Ellis and Trent*

LOL, now THAT would be irresponsible. You'd be talking about pitching guys on two days rest after having already pitched them on short rest the start before.

Irondawg
06-20-2014, 09:15 AM
They've gotten a ton of breaks and they've been fortunate to capitilize on those breaks as well. Better to be lucky than good sometimes. I remember last year when that dude for OSU crushed Holders's pitch in the 9th and thinking we were done.

They are a good team and they haven't made a lot of costly goofs in the field and that 15 inning game just killed the TCU pen.

RState
06-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Somebody leave the sprinklers on at TD Ameritrade tonight I ain't sure I can watch this again but it's like a car wreck I just can't turn my head.

Vandownbytheriver
06-20-2014, 09:20 AM
You have to have luck in baseball to make a run. One skip off a rock in the infield can be the difference in a win and a loss. No matter the results, they've had a good run.

getatmedawg
06-20-2014, 09:34 AM
No, it wouldn't be a travesty. It's called trying to win the game. Pitching someone once on three or four days rest isn't going to kill their arm. Bianco has done some stupid shit with pitchers over the years, but this would not be one of those things.

Twitter tells me that Massie is pitching today. If they win today their normal rotation starts over. Would be Ellis in game 2 vs Virginia and Trent in game 1 of the championship. Essentially they would be 1 starter short if it went to a game 3.

Biggest factor today is the wind. If it is pretty calm I like the bears chances. If it is back to the 20 mph stuff I like Virginia.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
06-20-2014, 09:36 AM
Haha are you really expecting fanatics of a rival school to be rational when it comes to this? Hell, for all I know, they used their medical school to create an undetectable PED and a pill that produces oil from the pitcher's fingertips. They cured AIDS, right?

Bullybaroo
06-20-2014, 09:38 AM
Yes, but he only pitched 4.2 innings in game 1. Ellis went much deeper in game 1

I don't think Bunko pitches Ellis tonight unless he brings him out of the pen. Either way, who cares?

Radddawg
06-20-2014, 09:42 AM
Somebody leave the sprinklers on at TD Ameritrade tonight I ain't sure I can watch this again but it's like a car wreck I just can't turn my head.

Hell no don't do that! Then they'll cancel todays games and Ellis would get the necessary rest that he needs. The Bears really would be the luckiest team in CWS history at that point. Bianco will probably run the Massy kid out there tonight. The pitching matchup definitely favors the Cavaliers.

messageboardsuperhero
06-20-2014, 09:57 AM
Hell no don't do that! Then they'll cancel todays games and Ellis would get the necessary rest that he needs. The Bears really would be the luckiest team in CWS history at that point. Bianco will probably run the Massy kid out there tonight. The pitching matchup definitely favors the Cavaliers.

That's what they're going to do. I just have a hard time seeing them beat UVA twice without throwing Trent.

Then again, I'm done doubting that team- they have been a dangerous combination of clutch and lucky all postseason.

hacker
06-20-2014, 10:02 AM

Or maybe his birthday is in his username.

deltadawg99
06-20-2014, 10:48 AM
In all honesty I think that UVA wins tonight but to say OM doesn't have a chance is ridiculous.

OM is probably going to run out of gas here soon. They have played in tight ball games/elimination games the entire post season. UVA will be rested and ready to roll.

bannedwayne
06-20-2014, 11:01 AM

I REALLY hope this is a troll. Please be a troll.

MarketingBully01
06-20-2014, 11:25 AM
I don't think Bunko pitches Ellis tonight unless he brings him out of the pen. Either way, who cares?

Ellis has lost his last two games. Virginia should start their third starter. When you are in the driver's seat of your bracket of the CWS, you don't pitch your ace this game. We didn't learn this lesson last year and got swept in the championship series because of it. I think Ole Miss loses tonight and I think Virginia will win the CWS because I don't see Vandy or Texas being able to hang with the Hoos.

maroonmania
06-20-2014, 11:30 AM
If I was Mike Bianco I would do what I thought I needed to do to win. This isn't a case where you throw your ace on FR in a 3 team regional and then bring him back Monday. Doing this one time in the year (and Ellis has 4 days rest) should not destroy anyone's arm and I wouldn't expect Ellis to be asked to pitch a complete game.

LC Dawg
06-20-2014, 11:33 AM
I hate Ole Miss as much as anyone, and I may get hammered for saying this, but they are a pretty damn good baseball team. They may be lucky but they take advantage of the situations that are handed to them. The CF misplaying the ball was lucky for them but Will Allen hammering that ball later in the inning was just a good hit. This is what we lacked this year. We would get a lead off single, sac bunt him to 2nd, next guy reach on an error, and get a popup and a ground out. Ole Miss seems to take advantage of these same type situations. One thing that pisses me off more than anything is their idiot fans act like they're in the CWS because they're Ole Miss, not because they have a good baseball team. I think Virginia is a better team and I hope they go ahead and end this tonight because the Rebels lose a lot from this team and they will go back to their rightful place in baseball and their fans can go right back to the company line that baseball doesn't matter.

maroonmania
06-20-2014, 12:12 PM
I hate Ole Miss as much as anyone, and I may get hammered for saying this, but they are a pretty damn good baseball team. They may be lucky but they take advantage of the situations that are handed to them. The CF misplaying the ball was lucky for them but Will Allen hammering that ball later in the inning was just a good hit. This is what we lacked this year. We would get a lead off single, sac bunt him to 2nd, next guy reach on an error, and get a popup and a ground out. Ole Miss seems to take advantage of these same type situations. One thing that pisses me off more than anything is their idiot fans act like they're in the CWS because they're Ole Miss, not because they have a good baseball team. I think Virginia is a better team and I hope they go ahead and end this tonight because the Rebels lose a lot from this team and they will go back to their rightful place in baseball and their fans can go right back to the company line that baseball doesn't matter.

With this year's team they were CLEARLY better than us in 2 areas, hitting and starting pitching.