PDA

View Full Version : MSU Athletic Dept supposedly getting a video department

PassInterference
06-19-2014, 04:35 PM
..brought on by the SEC Network and visibility that will bring. Hopefully they hire TheGuyBehindTheGuy. At the very least, maybe we get better than your average youtube hobbyist and look OK on a national scale.

TheRef
06-19-2014, 04:38 PM
..brought on by the SEC Network and visibility that will bring. Hopefully they hire TheGuyBehindTheGuy. At the very least, maybe we get better than your average youtube hobbyist and look OK on a national scale.

What about Derek Cody? Think we could get him?

Dawg61
06-19-2014, 05:03 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130306110059/video-game-championship-wrestling/images/9/94/Daniel_Bryan_YES.gif

Coach34
06-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Look at us moving in the 1990's like that...good for us

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-19-2014, 05:47 PM

It is true. Theyre hiring a ton of people.

AFDawg
06-19-2014, 05:57 PM
What about Derek Cody? Think we could get him?

Same guy that PassInterference is talking about, I'm pretty sure

TheRef
06-19-2014, 05:58 PM
Same guy that PassInterference is talking about, I'm pretty sure

Fair enough. He's video coordinator for EMCC. Used to work for WCBI

sleepy dawg
06-19-2014, 07:09 PM
http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/2a/53/ec/2a53eca66eb93aa4c5b86a334d53527b.jpg

War Machine Dawg
06-19-2014, 09:17 PM
IF true, this is great and long overdue news. This has consistently been the worst part of our athletic department and the one area where the BearSharks totally destroy us.

Todd4State
06-19-2014, 11:21 PM
I'm all for Derek Cody, but I thought there was some kind of falling out between him and MSU I think over the videos he made about MSU- which were all awesome by the way.

PassInterference
06-19-2014, 11:26 PM
I'm all for Derek Cody, but I thought there was some kind of falling out between him and MSU I think over the videos he made about MSU- which were all awesome by the way.

I thought the SEC or ESPN squashed his stuff for basically looking too professional.

I seriously doubt MSU would turn his services away now.

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2014, 11:27 PM
Derek Cody may be great, but let's have a little imagination here instead of thinking of the first person that comes to mind with MSU connections. That's basically what has gotten us in trouble over the past, oh say 100 years.

Let's do a national search and find the best and brightest. If Derek Cody is one of those, then he should get the job, but for goodness sakes, there are talented people all over the place that may want one of these jobs. Why limit ourselves?

Todd4State
06-19-2014, 11:31 PM
I thought the SEC or ESPN squashed his stuff for basically looking too professional.

I seriously doubt MSU would turn his services away now.

I have no clue what the issue was. I suspect it was copyright or maybe Cody wanting money from MSU when maybe we had someone already doing video stuff- I don't know.

Like I said, if they can bury the hatchet that's fine. If not I'm sure there are others who are really good as well.

War Machine Dawg
06-19-2014, 11:32 PM

Reading between the lines, at least from his side, it appears there was. But as we all know, there's 3 sides to every story: your side, the other side, and the truth. However, it would appear that he embarrassed the hell out of our athletic/media/video department by making videos in his spare time that were about 100,000 times better than anything we officially created. Embarrassed hacks in the AD then bitched and got him in trouble. At least, that's how it *appears* to have played out. No one inside MSU will talk, so we'll probably never really know.

Todd4State
06-19-2014, 11:40 PM
Reading between the lines, at least from his side, it appears there was. But as we all know, there's 3 sides to every story: your side, the other side, and the truth. However, it would appear that he embarrassed the hell out of our athletic/media/video department by making videos in his spare time that were about 100,000 times better than anything we officially created. Said embarrassment of hacks in the AD then bitched and got him in trouble. At least, that's how it *appears* to have played out. No one inside MSU will talk, so we'll probably never really know.

Exactly. That's why I'm open to whatever.

Jacksondevildog
06-19-2014, 11:44 PM
We will make a good ole boy hire. Rest assured.

Dawg61
06-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Couldn't disagree more. That guy deserves the first spot available. Do your national search for others but that dude deserves a seat at the table.

Cowbells
06-20-2014, 06:34 AM
Several of his best videos on you tube had the background music removed for copyright issues before disappearing altogether. I do remember that. I was disappointed when he moved on ...... would be excited to see him making videos for us again.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Derek Cody may be great, but let's have a little imagination here instead of thinking of the first person that comes to mind with MSU connections. That's basically what has gotten us in trouble over the past, oh say 100 years.

Let's do a national search and find the best and brightest. If Derek Cody is one of those, then he should get the job, but for goodness sakes, there are talented people all over the place that may want one of these jobs. Why limit ourselves?

It is a tough sell to get a lot of people to live in starkville or mississippi in general.

jumbo
06-20-2014, 08:17 AM
are any of his videos posted anywhere currently?

Bigedawg
06-20-2014, 08:18 AM
I heard someone mention Broadcast Media Group out of Starkville on BSR; so, I would doubt a national search is gonna happen. I don't know anything about them, but if they have done any of the previous commercials, videos, etc. for MSU, I'll pass. Production quality for MSU athletics has been amateurish to put it nicely.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-20-2014, 08:25 AM
I imagine they will have a hard time with pay. Most people that can freelance at $65 or more an hour dont want to work full time for 40k-50k