PDA

View Full Version : PAWWWWWLLLLLLLLL

TheRef
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Paul Finebaum had Russ Mitchell on today....

RT @finebaum: .@RussMitchellCFB on SEC race: "I don't see anybody stopping Auburn this year."

RC3
06-19-2014, 02:39 PM
ground breaking stuff from an alabama rooted radio show host's show

MSUDawg4Life
06-19-2014, 02:42 PM
Honestly, it's not hard to see how they could think that. But, that's why they play the game. It's a long season. Let's see how it goes.

mic
06-19-2014, 03:52 PM
by far and away the worse talk show on the radio...

BulldogBear
06-19-2014, 03:57 PM
Auburn = Most Overrated SEC Team heading into 2014 Season

starkvegasdawg
06-19-2014, 04:05 PM
This may sound odd talking about a team that played for the national title last year, but I never felt that Auburn was that good of a team last season. I just think they caught the breaks they needed at the perfect time to eek out the close games. That and us playing a stupid stupid stupid prevent defense. They could have easily been a 4 loss team last year with us, UGA, A&M, and Alabama beating them. I know some might counter that good teams make their own luck and there is something to be said for that but from watching them last year I never saw an elite team on the field.

ShotgunDawg
06-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Auburn = Most Overrated SEC Team heading into 2014 Season

I actually agree. I think Auburn will be good, but, just ask yourself: what would they be ranked if the QB doesn't complete a pass to himself and they don't score with 10 seconds left to beat us, if they don't complete a 75 yard hail marry to beat Georgia, and they don't return a field goal to beat Bama last year?

They should've been a solid 9-3 team. Good but not great

BulldogBear
06-19-2014, 05:36 PM
I actually agree. I think Auburn will be good, but, just ask yourself: what would they be ranked if the QB doesn't complete a pass to himself and they don't score with 10 seconds left to beat us, if they don't complete a 75 yard hail marry to beat Georgia, and they don't return a field goal to beat Bama last year?

Exactly. There were an example of better to be lucky than good. They were far far far from suckdom, but were not worldbeaters. Those chips usually don't continue to fall in the same way when you're basically using the same bag!

Jsndawg
06-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Last year before au played bama a bama friend told me au scared him cause au was playing "with a box of horseshoes"

Reason2succeed
06-19-2014, 09:19 PM
State needs horseshoes. Stop fearing the worst. Start praying for the best.

The Croom Diaries
06-20-2014, 05:55 AM

And Johnny Manziel had to leave the game when A&M was in the red zone so they settled for a FG, then was out the next drive and they punted. If all those breaks went the other way Auburn would have been 7-5 last year.

However- by the end of the year they were the 2nd best team in the country. They still played Bama better than anyone and put themselves in a position to win, whipped Missouri and were the only team all season to hang with Florida State.

They do lose Tre Mason, Dee Ford and Greg Robinson though. It seems like every time a team loses a LT like that people don't really pay much attention but it stings really bad, i.e. 2009 Ole miss.

I seen it dawg
06-20-2014, 06:09 AM
How that dick with ears parlayed that trash of a radio program to getting on Gameday every Saturday is beyond me.

Dawgface
06-20-2014, 06:16 AM
How that dick with ears parlayed that trash of a radio program to getting on Gameday every Saturday is beyond me.

Agree. I won't listen and certainly won't watch him.

jumbo
06-20-2014, 08:27 AM

because $$$$. his show makes a ton of it and he plays his role perfectly.

justwin
06-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Don't forget our coaches put cox @ corner which was dumb & completely went stagnant on play calling for most of the 2H.