PDA

View Full Version : Ok who's got the scoop on Brad Peterson resigning at Brandon?

Thrill1
06-18-2014, 10:52 PM
http://t.co/XM4ABKWAvi/s/qM8M

I know somebody's got the goods.

Todd4State
06-18-2014, 11:05 PM
He's going to coach Brandon this season. He will resign in February 2015.

Allegedly he didn't renew a coach's contract and then there was a technicality in the documentation that caused Peterson's decision to be overturned and he is pissed about it.

preachermatt83
06-18-2014, 11:09 PM
if anybody tried to force him out they are dumb. he is one of the best coaches in mississippi

Todd4State
06-18-2014, 11:18 PM
if anybody tried to force him out they are dumb. he is one of the best coaches in mississippi

It's high school.

It's Mississippi.

That's all that needs to be said.

Harrydawg
06-19-2014, 07:54 AM
It appears that Rankin County has some issues at the top.

I have no inside information but a great deal of talent once
at NW Rankin is at Prep or MRA (those that could leave have)
and now it seems that Peterson has gotten into a pissing
contest with someone and Peterson is going all in....or out.

Jacksondevildog
06-19-2014, 08:15 AM
NWR hasn't lost that much talent to MRA. I believe that it's only been a few players. They had one transfer to Prep. Too many mamas and daddy's recruiting at Prep and paying kids tuition.

curmudgeon
06-19-2014, 08:33 AM
Its a pissing contest. Petersen wanted to fire a coach and it didn't happen. He is having to resign as athletic director because he pissed off the principal throwing a fit about it.

I expect he will be a hot commodity after this season.

Jack Lambert
06-19-2014, 09:02 AM
It's high school.

It's Mississippi.

That's all that needs to be said.

It's not a private school that is run by a board of parents with a lot of money in their pockets that has to answer to other parents with more money in their pockets. There is a lot of crap that private school coaches have to put up with that public school coaches doesn't. Petterson does not have to worry about having to play a kid that sucks because his dad has a lot of money like those private school coaches. Petterson only has to deal with school administrators. Most of these folks don't care about football. All they are worried with is CORE and the MCT test that determines there pay.

Rankin county schools has a lot of problem and most of those problems come from the fact it it growing too fast. It grows by 500 students a year. NWR needs a new highschool most of the other schools in the NW zone are too small. The schools in the Brandon school Zones are too small. Brandon Highschool need a new stadium.

The county has the tax paying populations to pay for all the up grades but they can't seem to get a bond passed through elections. Nobody in the other schools zones want to pay more for a car tag so that Brandon can have a new stadium. When they vote no to that they are voting no to a new highschool for NWR and adding class rooms for the other schools in the NWR and Brandon school zones.

Just silly in my opinion. It's not going to drive up the cost of a car tag that much. I am willing to pay the money. Heck it would stand to reason that if NWR got a new highschool they would sooner or later get a new stadium.

MadDawg
06-19-2014, 09:06 AM
It's not a private school that is run by a board of parents with a lot of money in their pockets that has to answer to other parents with more money in their pockets. There is a lot of crap that private school coaches have to put up with that public school coaches doesn't. Petterson does not have to worry about having to play a kid that sucks because his dad has a lot of money like those private school coaches. Petterson only has to deal with school administrators. Most of these folks don't care about football. All they are worried with is CORE and the MTC test that determines there pay.

Rankin county schools has a lot of problem and most of those problems come from the fact it it growing too fast. It grows by 500 students a year. NWR needs a new highschool most of the other schools in the NW zone are too small. The schools in the Brandon school Zones are too small. Brandon Highschool need a new stadium.

The county has the tax paying populations to pay for all the up grades but they can't seem to get a bond passed through elections. Nobody in the other schools zones want to pay more for a car tag so that Brandon can have a new stadium. When they vote no to that they are voting no to a new highschool for NWR and adding class rooms for the other schools in the NWR and Brandon school zones.

Just silly in my opinion. It's not going to drive up the cost of a car tag that much. I am willing to pay the money. Heck it would stand to reason that if NWR got a new highschool they would sooner or later get a new stadium.

One good thing I can say about Madison County, when we have a bond vote to build schools it passes at like 80-90%.

Dash Riprock
06-19-2014, 09:17 AM
you would be incorrect about the players that they have lost to MRA. in the past 2 years I can think of 4 good linemen, 2 linebackers and a quarterback that could, all but the QB, play anywhere. 2 of the linemen and 1 linebacker could be D-1 prospects. we are not at MRA anymore so there may be others.

Harrydawg
06-19-2014, 09:32 AM
Yes, MRA will start no less than 6 players this season
all of whom have come from NW Rankin
in the past 3 years....I'd say that's a lot. And mra is more
than happy to have them.

WeWonItAll(Most)
06-19-2014, 09:40 AM
It appears that Rankin County has some issues at the top.

Big time understatement

Original48
06-19-2014, 09:42 AM
Yes, MRA will start no less than 6 players this season
all of whom have come from NW Rankin
in the past 3 years....I'd say that's a lot. And mra is more
than happy to have them.
And we haven't even touched on basketball yet. I know MRA had 10th grade twins transfer to the high school girls team this year to go along with at least two players already on the boys basketball team.

Jack Lambert
06-19-2014, 10:04 AM
One good thing I can say about Madison County, when we have a bond vote to build schools it passes at like 80-90%.

Its a lot easier vote in Madison County. In Rankin will someone living in Pearl wants to have higher car tags too build Brandon a new stadium? Someone living the Florence zone, Richland School Zone, Pelahatchie School Zone, Puckett School Zone or in the Mclaurin school zone cares if Brandon gets a new Stadium or if NWR gets a new highschool? It has no bearing on them, Out of site out of mind. They don't want higher car tags. How about the parents who send their kids to Hartgrove or East Rankin Academy? That's a no vote. In Madison school district they only have four highschools and the three begest ones are with in 10 miles of each other. It is a lot easier vote in Madison County. When they merged Madison-Ridgeland and E. Flora that was a no brainer to vote for. When MC got too big and they wanted to open Ridgeland, that was a no brainer to vote for. When the Gluckstak area started to grow and MC was getting too big again that was a easy vote for everyone but that is not the case in Rankin County. Everyone could see the advantage but that is not the case in Rankin.

Jacksondevildog
06-19-2014, 12:33 PM
Starting at MRA isn't the same as starting at NWR. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless. Sure, they have some guys that could start at NWR or other public schools. Most people get pissed off about playing time at a public school and move to a private school where they can play hoops, football, baseball, lacrosse, track, Shuffleboard and the luge and be the star in all of them. Some people have different priorities.

Harrydawg
06-19-2014, 01:36 PM
You are correct but many of these players could, did, and would
again start at NW Rankin.

Be sure to follow highlights of MRA football this fall...
You'll see the players I'm taking about....I assure
you, they did not leave NW for lack of playing time.

One of NW Rankin's QB's came to MRA in the
spring to play football his Senior season. He has
now moved back to NWR because he would not
Have seen much playing time at MRA.....The talent pool
at the big 3 privates (MRA, JA and Prep) are deep. Not as
Deep as 6A premiere programs but as talented first string
As most of them....and better coached than many.

Jack Lambert
06-19-2014, 02:48 PM
Starting at MRA isn't the same as starting at NWR. Anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless. Sure, they have some guys that could start at NWR or other public schools. Most people get pissed off about playing time at a public school and move to a private school where they can play hoops, football, baseball, lacrosse, track, Shuffleboard and the luge and be the star in all of them. Some people have different priorities.

And get a better education.

Jacksondevildog
06-19-2014, 03:05 PM
And get a better education.

Most of these kids that are transferring aren't thinking about a better education. Neither are mommy and daddy.

curmudgeon
06-19-2014, 03:10 PM
I'd argue that NWR delivers a better education than MRA to most students, but that's a different topic for a different day.

Dash Riprock
06-20-2014, 10:11 AM
you would be correct about most private schools in the state but not MRA, JA or Prep. I don't want to rekindle the private vs public debate, but what you said is just not he case. almost every student that as transferred to MRA from MC, NWR, Clinton etc. (and area private schools like Canton and Tri-County) including my son, struggled academically. It was almost a given that a new student will struggle academically when they transfer. My son, who was a straight A student in the Madison public schools went on academic probation twice while at MRA. If you are a gifted student in Public school you wont get a better education than at MC or other area public schools and would do great at MRA, JA and Prep, but the average A-B student who transfers will struggle because ever student is challenged not just the gifted ones. Sorry in advance to this response...

curmudgeon
06-20-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm not going to get into it with a public-private academic debate, but I see kids college applications, their essays, their test scores, etc.

Give me a Top 25% kid at a Madison Central, NWR, Clinton type school all day over a run of the mill MRA student. Better prepared academically, and usually better character.