1 Alabama LB out of 10????

Saban can't croot

I counted 2...

Coach34
06-18-2014, 02:48 PM
**** me

messageboardsuperhero
06-18-2014, 02:52 PM
And again I ask- how in the **** did Denzel Nkemdiche beat out B-Mac in the media's All-SEC last year? It makes zero sense to anyone who even remotely knows about football. They clearly did not watch any games, look at any stats, read any actual scouting reports, etc.

It really just proves the ignorance of most of the media. They can't say someone's a good player unless someone else has already said it, so they go with the guy who has a recognizable last name.

ETA: It was also funny to me how many more players UM had on the media's list than they did on the coach's list...

smootness
06-18-2014, 02:56 PM
And again I ask- how in the **** did Denzel Nkemdiche beat out B-Mac in the media's All-SEC last year? It makes zero sense to anyone who even remotely knows about football. They clearly did not watch any games, look at any stats, read any actual scouting reports, etc.

It really just proves the ignorance of most of the media. They can't say someone's a good player unless someone else has already said it, so they go with the guy who has a recognizable last name.

ETA: It was also funny to me how many more players UM had on the media's list than they did on the coach's list...

And how did Phil Steele put McKinney 3rd team preseason for this year? Idiot.

1998Dawg
06-18-2014, 04:20 PM
I have it on good authority that the bears have paid Steele in the past. A few years ago I was eating at the Olive Garden in Pearl (one of a kind Italian ) and I am almost positive I saw no other than Phil Steele sitting with a big time bear booster that I knew.

Didn't manage to go talk to them but I have photos of this encounter as well. Shouldn't surprise anyone though, we know how the HMUN (hype machine up north) likes to milk the media all they can and play "their game"

Coach34
06-18-2014, 04:30 PM
That's hilarious. I'm sure Athlon's had had dinner with the booster the previous night

RState
06-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Finally! An just when I thought the folks at ESPN didnt have a lick of sense they go and TOTALLY REDEEM THEMSELFES!

Covercorner2
06-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Leo Lewis needs to see this

RState
06-18-2014, 04:37 PM
AMEN brother. We got anybody down in the Brookhaven area?

1998Dawg
06-18-2014, 04:46 PM

I'm about to sign up to twitter and send a link to these LB rankings to Leo. I know his screen name on there if any of you want to send him some stuff too. I think the more the better.

msudawg1200
06-18-2014, 05:18 PM

I know you know this, but methinks it had more to do about him being Bob's big little bro. You mean the media doesn't actually watch and study football? Come on now.

JDog13
06-18-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm about to sign up to twitter and send a link to these LB rankings to Leo. I know his screen name on there if any of you want to send him some stuff too. I think the more the better.

Are you CIA? I'm picking up what you're putting down.