PDA

View Full Version : LaStella leadoff

msstate7
06-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Heyward 5th. Been calling for this. Will I look dumb? Hope not.

Simmons and both uptons with day off. Not sure what to think of this

I love going ff, gattis, Heyward, Cj. I think there will be runs created there

msstate7
06-18-2014, 11:45 AM
I love going ff, gattis, Heyward, Cj. I think there will be runs created there
First time thru this group walk, hr, walk, double... Single drives Heyward and cj in = 4 runs

War Machine Dawg
06-18-2014, 12:06 PM
What did I tell y'all about Harang? He immediately gives up a 5-spot to erase the 4-spot we put up. 7-4 bad guys. Please cut him and recall Wood.

msstate7
06-18-2014, 12:26 PM
What did I tell y'all about Harang? He immediately gives up a 5-spot to erase the 4-spot we put up. 7-4 bad guys. Please cut him and recall Wood.

I'd like to see him get a couple of decent starts and trade him. His era is still 3.81.

Dawg61
06-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Wow old Harang is back, 9 runs 8 earned 13 hits. I don't think he should get cut, he was really dominant for the first 2 months. I'd try the 6 man idea but it's really a 5 man rotation with the 6th guy just spelling the other 5 in rotation. Cut Dan Uggla. He never plays. Let a team like the Cubs or Astros or someone bad try to revive Uggla. His situation is not helping him and he's certainly not helping the Braves. Sometimes you just have bad contracts. Eat his and move on.

smootness
06-18-2014, 01:25 PM
I always thought that once Harang started looking shaky, he was done. I don't want him making any more starts. I expect a lot more like this from here on out.

As far as the lineup, Fredi has some kind of mental block where he can't just make obvious, logical decisions. What good does it do to replace Heyward with La Stella if you're just going to put Pena 2nd? That still leaves a gaping hole between leadoff and the 3rd spot, which was the problem to begin with.

The issue isn't that we don't have someone to drive in runs later, it's the 2 spot. Freaking Ramiro Pena, ugh.

msstate7
06-18-2014, 02:04 PM
Doesn't matter anymore. This team is done. The Nats are gonna finally extract some revenge and bury the braves. If a down season leads to getting rid of FG, I'm ok with it. I know a lot of the issues with this team aren't his fault, but I'll never forgive him for not letting kimbrel save game against dodgers last year.

smootness
06-18-2014, 02:09 PM
Doesn't matter anymore. This team is done. The Nats are gonna finally extract some revenge and bury the braves. If a down season leads to getting rid of FG, I'm ok with it. I know a lot of the issues with this team aren't his fault, but I'll never forgive him for not letting kimbrel save game against dodgers last year.

Pretty much exactly the way I feel about it. If you think a close is ok to get 5 outs but can't get 6 because he's never done it before, you lack the mental capacity to make difficult decisions.

trob115
06-18-2014, 02:13 PM
I agree msstate, I am beyond ready for FG to go.
my ideal lineup would be

1.) Schafer CF
2.) Simmons SS
3.) Freeman 1B
4.) Gattis C
5.) J.Upton LF
6.) Heyward RF
7.)LaStella 2B
8.)Johnson 3B

That leaves BJ, Pena, Doumit, and Fatty on the bench as reserves. That's a fairly balanced lineup and you can avoid having the gaping hole that is BJ in the starting lineup. At this point, Shaefer>>>>>>> BJ Upton.

Dawg61
06-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Who do y'all want as manager, Chipper Jones, John Smoltz someone else?

smootness
06-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Who do y'all want as manager, Chipper Jones, John Smoltz someone else?

Definitely not Chipper. I want him as hitting coach eventually. I want someone a little less old-school, a little more like Maddon.

smootness
06-18-2014, 02:25 PM
Heeeeeeck no on La Stella, Heyward and Upton below the 4 spot, and on Schafer and Simmons at the top of the order. Your 1 and 2 hitters get your most ABs, we don't need two of our worst OBP guys up there.

Schafer is not far better than BJ, his OBP is .286 right now. And Simmons' is .288. That would be disastrous.

No offense, but I would throw up if we ran that lineup out there.

La Stella, Heyward, and Justin are 3 of our 4 best on-base guys. They have to be near the top of the lineup.

We need to forget about the traditional roles of the leadoff and #2 hitters and just put our best hitters at the top. Heyward, Freeman, Justin, and Gattis all have to be among the top 5 spots, and La Stella at this point needs to be the other up there.

msstate7
06-18-2014, 02:33 PM
Definitely not Chipper. I want him as hitting coach eventually. I want someone a little less old-school, a little more like Maddon.

Maddon is mine too

msstate7
06-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Doesn't matter anymore. This team is done. The Nats are gonna finally extract some revenge and bury the braves.

This was my typical overreaction. We just need to get a split with the Nats. Over the next couple weeks, I expect the braves to trade, cut, or move harang to the bullpen and get wood back up as a starter. Really need minor to get himself together and I think he will. Lord willing, jonny venters will be back and pitching well the beginning of August.

On another note, I'd give the Red Sox a call and tell them they can have jup if they take bj too. The Red Sox are playing Bradley jr in cf now and his numbers are even worse than bj's. Bj was a decent player in the al east. In return, the Red Sox send prospects to Houston for dexter fowler to Atlanta.

Fowler (s) (cf)
LaStella (l) (2b)
Ff (l) (1b)
Gattis (r) (c)
Heyward (l) (rf)
Cj (r) (3b)
Doumit (s)/ Cunningham (s) (lf)
Simmons (r) (ss)

Anyway I'd love this lineup ... I'm dreaming