PDA

View Full Version : 247sports Article on MSU recuiting

bulldogsmsu
06-18-2014, 08:57 AM
http://247sports.com/Article/247Sports-Crystal-Ball-Trends-In-The-SEC-29187967

AlSwearengen
06-18-2014, 09:07 AM
we need to make sure that these older brothers (Pass and Nelson Adams) are very happy with their lives in Starkville. They will have the ear of their younger brothers more than anyone.

dickiedawg
06-18-2014, 09:25 AM
Pass the Younger's recruitment could be a battle for the ages. If we land Khane that obviously helps, and we can sell him on immediate playing time after Dak leaves.

I realize we have a lot of talent at the position waiting for Dak to graduate, some of which will have been in the program for multiple years and he'd have to compete for the starting job. My point is simply that it works out well from a timing perspective, assuming Dak stays for 2015.

AlSwearengen
06-18-2014, 09:41 AM
Pass the Younger's recruitment could be a battle for the ages. If we land Khane that obviously helps, and we can sell him on immediate playing time after Dak leaves.

I realize we have a lot of talent at the position waiting for Dak to graduate, some of which will have been in the program for multiple years and he'd have to compete for the starting job. My point is simply that it works out well from a timing perspective, assuming Dak stays for 2015.

I assume that Brian Johnson will be recruiting the younger Pass?

jumbo
06-18-2014, 09:45 AM
I assume that Brian Johnson will be recruiting the younger Pass?

Hopefully is Johnson and Collins

DudyDawg
06-18-2014, 10:47 AM
I don't have a 247 seven account, but it seems pretty reliable.. Worth creating one, is it free? Just curious

dickiedawg
06-18-2014, 10:53 AM
I think you can create a free account on 247 but I don't know if that's worth free.
To me, the premium subscription is worth having, especially as you get close to signing day.

DudyDawg
06-18-2014, 11:03 AM
How much is that?

jumbo
06-18-2014, 11:08 AM
How much is that?

I think $9.99/month or $99/year.

RougeDawg
06-18-2014, 11:08 AM
How much is that?

$99 a year I believe. Correct me if I'm wrong.

DudyDawg
06-18-2014, 11:11 AM
Dang……. Is it really worth $100?????

DudyDawg
06-18-2014, 11:11 AM
I see a tab for a free trial. Will probably give that a try and see if it is worth it to me

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-18-2014, 11:18 AM
Dang??. Is it really worth $100?????

Ill never understand why people pay for this stuff.
As soon as an article or tidbit comes out, it is here on 6pack within 15 seconds.
Half the posters on 6pack or here have more info than those guys because a ton of students and friends of players post on these 2 boards.

Do you know sad and pathetic a 45 year old man must feel driving around to HS football games on fridays and interviewing 16 year old kids at camps on what school is recruiting them the hardest?

jumbo
06-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Dang……. Is it really worth $100?????

If you are going to pay for a site, it's the one to pay for.

DudyDawg
06-18-2014, 11:35 AM
Don't think I will be paying that. Free account gets you some stuff, and I think, like Ennis said, the stuff I can't see for free will be important enough to be put on here

dickiedawg
06-18-2014, 11:37 AM
Not as sad and pathetic as you must feel to get your self-worth from bashing other people.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-18-2014, 11:45 AM
Not as sad and pathetic as you must feel to get your self-worth from bashing other people.

It is how I get all my self worth. You outted me!

sandwolf
06-18-2014, 12:17 PM
Do you know sad and pathetic a 45 year old man must feel driving around to HS football games on fridays and interviewing 16 year old kids at camps on what school is recruiting them the hardest?

Umm that 45 year old man is paying his bills and putting food on his family's table by providing a service for which there is a high demand. I guess I fail to see what is sad and pathetic about that.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-18-2014, 12:26 PM
I loathe recruiting and these guys, while doing a job, are pouring gas on the fire and half the time, make schools look bad.

Reporters going to bars on recruiting weekends to watch them dance and party? That is sad and pathetic.
Sorry.

Papparazzi feed their kids too. Doesnt make them any less sad or pathetic.

sandwolf
06-18-2014, 12:41 PM
I loathe recruiting and these guys, while doing a job, are pouring gas on the fire and half the time, make schools look bad.

Reporters going to bars on recruiting weekends to watch them dance and party? That is sad and pathetic.
Sorry.

Papparazzi feed their kids too. Doesnt make them any less sad or pathetic.

Yea, following recruits to the bars is sad and pathetic. But attending their games and interviewing them at camps is not. And the overwhelming majority of guys that cover recruiting attend games and camps and conduct interviews.......very, very few of them stalk recruits at the bar. I think it is sad and pathetic that you use Yancy Porter to justify your hatred of everyone that covers recruiting.

Dawgcentral
06-18-2014, 07:25 PM
As for paid subscriptions, I just want what is known, and what is genuinely expected. All that "rabbit" crap from Scout last year seemed pretty juvenile.
I don't get a thrill from being bullshitted by folks when they only want to stimulate subscriptions or create a buzz. Just give me the information I've been paying for.

smootness
06-18-2014, 08:52 PM
As for paid subscriptions, I just want what is known, and what is genuinely expected. All that "rabbit" crap from Scout last year seemed pretty juvenile.
I don't get a thrill from being bullshitted by folks when they only want to stimulate subscriptions or create a buzz. Just give me the information I've been paying for.

Eh, he wasn't BSing. That happened, it's just that it got flipped around on signing day.

I'm with you, I only want to know what is going on. But there are legitimate reasons sometimes why one of them knows something but can't say it publicly yet. I don't consider that holding out to generate subscriptions. If there is somebody who is definitely coming but the public doesn't and can't know about it yet, I still want to know something's coming.

Todd4State
06-18-2014, 10:08 PM
The most valuable thing about the recruiting sites is the database of players. I like 247's database better.

As far as what I expect out of recruiting reporters, I just ask that they don't do anything to hurt MSU. The Brandon Bryant situation with Rosebowl pissed me off FAR more than the rabbit BS. But yeah- I don't care for the "rabbit" the "super-secret commit", the hat flip, etc. I don't pay any attention to that stuff. I just want to know who is coming and what they look like on film.

I prefer Paul simply because he basically shoots it straight for the most part and tells you pretty much what you want to know. The only bad thing is sevendust is on there. But if you can put up with bad redneck grammar from a guy who is a loser living with his Mom and pretends like he knows everything that's going on when he's basically regurgitating what Paul tells him on Irondawgs when he's not making it up- then yeah- it's probably worth 100 bucks. Seven will probably make it up by telling you about the time he seen Jesus in the top secret bathroom stall at the Denver Airport.

Rosebowl I think does a good job of reporting in general. BUT like the other guys on Genespage, he is a nerd. He's the nerd at school that thinks he's tough and cool that occasionally gets his ass kicked by the football team because he's dumb enough to talk shit to them and think he can get away with it. And because of that, he sometimes gets MSU in trouble and does things to hurt MSU. Like assuming that we're going to pull Brandon Bryant's scholarship because he took a visit to USM and didn't tell Rosebowl about it, so let's announce it on twitter right in the middle of January and cause our coaches to have to put out a fire unnecessarily! And if you call him out on it, he's going to tell you that somehow he was still right, you don't know what you are talking about and really deep down you wish that you could have his job.

maroonmania
06-18-2014, 10:23 PM
The most valuable thing about the recruiting sites is the database of players. I like 247's database better.

As far as what I expect out of recruiting reporters, I just ask that they don't do anything to hurt MSU. The Brandon Bryant situation with Rosebowl pissed me off FAR more than the rabbit BS. But yeah- I don't care for the "rabbit" the "super-secret commit", the hat flip, etc. I don't pay any attention to that stuff. I just want to know who is coming and what they look like on film.

I prefer Paul simply because he basically shoots it straight for the most part and tells you pretty much what you want to know. The only bad thing is sevendust is on there. But if you can put up with bad redneck grammar from a guy who is a loser living with his Mom and pretends like he knows everything that's going on when he's basically regurgitating what Paul tells him on Irondawgs when he's not making it up- then yeah- it's probably worth 100 bucks. Seven will probably make it up by telling you about the time he seen Jesus in the top secret bathroom stall at the Denver Airport.

Rosebowl I think does a good job of reporting in general. BUT like the other guys on Genespage, he is a nerd. He's the nerd at school that thinks he's tough and cool that occasionally gets his ass kicked by the football team because he's dumb enough to talk shit to them and think he can get away with it. And because of that, he sometimes gets MSU in trouble and does things to hurt MSU. Like assuming that we're going to pull Brandon Bryant's scholarship because he took a visit to USM and didn't tell Rosebowl about it, so let's announce it on twitter right in the middle of January and cause our coaches to have to put out a fire unnecessarily! And if you call him out on it, he's going to tell you that somehow he was still right, you don't know what you are talking about and really deep down you wish that you could have his job.

I agree in that actions speak louder than words and whether its the Bryant episode or the DeVinner episode Rosebowl has proven that his ego comes way before what's best for MSU.

hacker
06-18-2014, 11:08 PM

I think this is pretty spot on. I pay for 247, just because I like to read the commit articles, and the daily updates from Paul. I follow Steve on twitter, he gets some good info as well.

As for the talk about the job of being a recruiting analyst, well shit, I wish I was a recruiting analyst. I wish my bills were being paid by getting to watch, talk, and keep up with Mississippi high school and Mississippi State football. And Paul is a good dude.

Todd4State
06-18-2014, 11:23 PM
I agree in that actions speak louder than words and whether its the Bryant episode or the DeVinner episode Rosebowl has proven that his ego comes way before what's best for MSU.

If I was Dan, I would have gone Bobby Knight on him and just put him in his place.

This is how that would probably go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rv9JUSkh6c