PDA

View Full Version : Staying cool

DawgHouseUnited
06-18-2014, 08:33 AM
It's getting friggin' hot, and July & August aren't even here yet. Anyone have any good tips to stay cool outside? I used to have something like a neckerchief that had these cooling gel crystals inside it so when it got wet it got cold. All I can find now are these towel like things like this FROGG TOGG CHILLY PAD (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002NGSB96/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=2VV5AGJ3C6M70&coliid=I28Y8CTRZJSJLN&psc=1).

Do those towels work? Or is your best bet to just get a bandana and dip it in cold water? I'm thinking ahead to some of our early-season football games (UAB is @ 1:00) and trying to think of ways to keep cool.

SpeckleDawg
06-18-2014, 11:20 AM
I have heard good things about those type towels, but I've never used one myself. I would imagine they hold that cold water in a little longer than a bandana or something similar. My only tip is for staying hydrated - I like to mix gatorade G2 & water, 50/50. It gives a little more than water, but it's not loaded with sugar. Tastes a lot better than just water too, when it's hot as hell. I use a HydroFlask when kayak fishing. I have been amazed at how long my drinks stay cold in that thing. Much better than any of the other similar bottles I've used in the past.

DawgHouseUnited
06-19-2014, 08:08 AM
Thanks Speckle. Last year at the opening football game, my wife and I wound up having to leave early due to the heat. I'm trying to figure out how to avoid that this time.