PDA

View Full Version : Fans of soccer ..Just want you to know

gravedigger
06-16-2014, 07:31 PM
In 2010, when I went on an orange beach vacation and hated soccer, I was stuck inside my condo. No beach to enjoy due to the oil spill. No weather to enjoy because it rained. And no sports to enjoy as the us open was past. And then....

I watched US soccer accomplish something great. I watched it like I watched fall college football. I loved it. I loved it so much that I listened to the final match the us team played ON THE F'ING RADIO. I enjoyed every second.

And then tonight. Oh my. If you cannot get into soccer after tonight you need to get a ****ing life.

That was unreal. Soccer you've had a fan for 4 years. You have a fan for as long as I have breath.

Go beat yourself curmudgeon.....well, that is, if that isn't what you were doing already.

I love us sports. But world cup soccer has jumped them all but the big three college sports.

and they aint far behind.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 07:35 PM
That was the most exciting version of paint drying Ive ever seen. Ill give you that.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 07:39 PM
Goodness you need to get over anger issues. I disagree with you about soccer, I should "beat myself."

You are either 12 years old or a miserable human being.

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 07:42 PM
Can this thread be deleted before more brain cells are wasted reading it

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 07:46 PM
Goodness you need to get over anger issues. I disagree with you about soccer, I should "beat myself."

You are either 12 years old or a miserable human being.

Oh god. You sound like a 12 year old saying someone is 3 months younger than you.

There is a REASON it is the most popular sport in the entire world. It does NOT threaten American football. You can like both (and basketball, baseball, hockey, tennis, golf, etc) anywhere in between there. You can like both. You can like one and not the other.

But you sound like a ******* douche attempting to sit here and convince us that it's a ***** sport and that it's not fun to watch. You're speaking to yourself there. I suggest that in that case you should just skip over threads about soccer like a ******* normal person would do about things that disinterest them. You sound like an Ole Miss fan on an MSU board.

Kiss my ass. America hates you right now.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Its not fun to watch to me. I could not care less if we win the whole damn thing.

Not trying to convince you of my view on it, but it does exist. I know no one in real life that is really that into it.

gravedigger
06-16-2014, 07:59 PM
To say that is the equivalent of saying our 6-3 victory over bama in 80 was just as boring. It wasn't. But for the simple minded that didn't understand the sport or the importance, I can see how this match was boring.

Bottom line: your inability to appreciate its excitement is only a reflection on you.

HailState39110
06-16-2014, 07:59 PM
I enjoy watching the international stuff (World Cup, CONCACAF, etc) and have found myself a few times paying attention to Premier League. I would never support and/or keep up with MLS soccer . Sorry we are late to that party and all the good players play in Europe. It's like all the good basketball players (globally) play in the NBA and the next level of guys play over seas , except in soccer all the studs play in Europe

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:05 PM
I just don't care. Sorry.

I care about MSU football, and I like defense. A 6-3 football win would be pretty dang cool. Just don't care about beating an African nation 2-1 in a sport that we can't compete internationally in.

gravedigger
06-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Your not knowing anyone in real life that is into it is only proof that you need to get out and meet people.

And be far more understanding

This may come as some surprise but there are things in this world that are pretty cool that you havnt chosen to take the time to appreciate.

Soccer takes time to learn. But it's no less exciting when you take the time to understand what you are watching

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 08:12 PM
Its not fun to watch to me. I could not care less if we win the whole damn thing.

Not trying to convince you of my view on it, but it does exist. I know no one in real life that is really that into it.
1. If we won the World Cup it would be the biggest thing to ever happen in the United States. Like the Miracle on Ice x100 (which I'm sure you also could care less about being a Canadian sport but will now tell us how you like just to prove your idiotic arguement.)

I care about MSU football, and I like defense. A 6-3 football win would be pretty dang cool. Just don't care about beating an African nation 2-1 in a sport that we can't compete internationally in.

You obviously care. You've rebuttled every comment made in every thread about the World Cup. Just admit that you're a miserable person. And that NO ONE would be happy about watching a 6-3 win, only that MSU won. As a person present for 3-2, I wanted to egg my own team... And it would have felt the same if we won.

You also sound like someone who needs to journey outside of Mississippi. One of our starters grew up for a minute in Greenwood and played on the world's biggest stage tonight... And I bet you beat off to how MSU signs a shit ton of Mississippi players.

I don't get a flying f if you like soccer. But quit making it unpleasant for other MSU fans to discuss.

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 08:14 PM

The problem isn't that you don't care, it's that you tried to bash those who do, and went out of your way to bother them by saying you want Ghana to win. If you want people to respect that you think a 6-3 football win would be nice, then respect theirs that soccer is.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:17 PM
I haven't bashed one person that cares. I just stated my opinion that I don't care.

"Go **** yourself you bastard. I hope you kill yourself."

That's what one of your ilk just PMed me.

AlmostPositive
06-16-2014, 08:19 PM
" If we won the World Cup it would be the biggest thing to ever happen in the United States. "

No. It wouldn't.

TheRef
06-16-2014, 08:19 PM
Both sides need to calm down...no reason to be attacking each other like this.

TheRef
06-16-2014, 08:20 PM
" If we won the World Cup it would be the biggest thing to ever happen in the United States. "

No. It wouldn't.

International Sports-wise, yes. It would be the single largest event in United States International Competition.

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I haven't bashed one person that cares. I just stated my opinion that I don't care.

"Go **** yourself you bastard. I hope you kill yourself."

That's what one of your ilk just PMed me.

You did it in a way that bashed the sport and inversely those love it. And I agreed that the people doing that are wrong, so I don't know why you're trying to the that to me. But you need to understand that deliberately cheering for the other team to piss us off is what got people to say that. You were wrong for doing that, and they are wrong for being ****in kids and taking it that far

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:22 PM
If we won the World Cup, it wouldn't be the biggest thing to happen to the United States that week.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:24 PM
You really think I was "cheering for the other team." Yeah, I had my Ghanaese flag flying outside my house and I am in tears over here over a heartbreaking loss.

Not caring that a team wins does not mean I am cheering against them.

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 08:26 PM
You really think I was "cheering for the other team." Yeah, I had my Ghanaese flag flying outside my house and I am in tears over here over a heartbreaking loss.

Not caring that a team wins does not mean I am cheering against them.

Ummmmm when they scored, you posted goal with exclamation points. That's cheering agains us. Dumbass

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 08:27 PM
If we won the World Cup, it wouldn't be the biggest thing to happen to the United States that week.

You're high. It's the most watched event on earth. Educate yourself on the magnitude if the sport

RC3
06-16-2014, 08:27 PM
I too am somewhat confused by those hating on it. That was extremely exciting

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 08:28 PM

Think what you want to think. We celebrated the round of 16 last time for 2 years. If we won the World Cup it would be the most deadening thing in international competition since the announcement of the dream team. And it would be bigger than that considering only 5 other countries care about basketball.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:29 PM
I don't care what the rest of the earth does. Every other country on earth sucks. Maybe there is a correlation between a country sucking and their love for soccer?

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 08:31 PM
I don't care what the rest of the earth does. Every other country on earth sucks. Maybe there is a correlation between a country sucking and their love for soccer?
Dear god

boarmassage
06-16-2014, 08:32 PM

No wonder everyone else says Mississippi is full of close-minded, bigoted rednecks.

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 08:34 PM
It's not the rest of the earth, it's us as well

@FOXSports: 3,156,392 total tweets mentioning #USA across the United States in the last hr.

Currently 8,222 #USA tweets per MINUTE.

#OneNationOneTeam

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:36 PM
No wonder everyone else says Mississippi is full of close-minded, bigoted rednecks.

I also vote Republican, despise abortion, think government should stay out of all marriage and take my family to church on Sundays. And I will have my Ph.D. next May.

I'm the typical Mississippi bigoted, closed minded redneck.

If it makes some of you feel better, during the last Summer Olympics, I really got into handball. I studied the sport, learned its rules and really enjoyed it.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 08:41 PM
Guys, yall stop. Curm is just getting a rise out of yall now. He is a good poster.

We are all cheering for the usa. Ill watch all our matches even though I think it is the most boring sport in the world to watch. I also love hockey and nascar and realize people hate to watch those sports.

The world cup is a big deal. If we won, it is the biggest sporting event in the world. However, id be more excited beating south alabama in football.

Just enjoy the win and pretend you give a shit. Just like 85% of america. However, there are actual americans that LOVE soccer, as you can tell from the responses.

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 08:48 PM
I also vote Republican, despise abortion, think government should stay out of all marriage and take my family to church on Sundays. And I will have my Ph.D. next May.

I'm the typical Mississippi bigoted, closed minded redneck.

If it makes some of you feel better, during the last Summer Olympics, I really got into handball. I studied the sport, learned its rules and really enjoyed it.
Great. I don't vote, although I give to the national Democratic Party. I think abortion is a choice between individuals and God and don't think Phil Bryant should tell people to follow Jesus Christ, I'm not married but I banged a lot of chicks at State, and I go to church each Sunday.

I will never get my Ph.D.

One day I'll move back to Mississippi and talk about all the shit heads who make me look bad.

Guys, yall stop. Curm is just getting a rise out of yall now. He is a good poster.

We are all cheering for the usa. Ill watch all our matches even though I think it is the most boring sport in the world to watch. I also love hockey and nascar and realize people hate to watch those sports.

The world cup is a big deal. If we won, it is the biggest sporting event in the world. However, id be more excited beating south alabama in football.

Just enjoy the win and pretend you give a shit. Just like 85% of america. However, there are actual americans that LOVE soccer, as you can tell from the responses.

I love football. It's the greatest sport ever. That will never change.

But if we win the World Cup I will party harder than if MSU won the BCS because in the grand scheme of things that means more... And I love MSU. And football. And 5-10 more sports ahead of soccer. But I love America. And Jizz openly condemned the US and has been attacking everyone related to soccer. So no, he's not a good poster.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I genuinely despise the sport and wish it would leave America.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2014, 08:50 PM
1. If we won the World Cup it would be the biggest thing to ever happen in the United States. Like the Miracle on Ice x100 (which I'm sure you also could care less about being a Canadian sport but will now tell us how you like just to prove your idiotic arguement.)

You obviously care. You've rebuttled every comment made in every thread about the World Cup. Just admit that you're a miserable person. And that NO ONE would be happy about watching a 6-3 win, only that MSU won. As a person present for 3-2, I wanted to egg my own team... And it would have felt the same if we won.

You also sound like someone who needs to journey outside of Mississippi. One of our starters grew up for a minute in Greenwood and played on the world's biggest stage tonight... And I bet you beat off to how MSU signs a shit ton of Mississippi players.

I don't get a flying f if you like soccer. But quit making it unpleasant for other MSU fans to discuss.

That's a great statement. Read it again and apply it.

Coach34
06-16-2014, 08:52 PM
That was the most exciting version of paint drying Ive ever seen. Ill give you that.

no shit. If you had a good brand of paint- it would probably be alot more exciting

Listening to Sylvester Crooms talking about running the lead play vs 9 man fronts would have me on the edge of my seat compared to that shit

hacker
06-16-2014, 08:54 PM

Jesus, you want to talk about something boring?

curmudgeon
Just to recap what transpired today. This all started with the soccer fans invaded the soccer haters thread, not the other way around.

Esmerelda Villalobos
I respect your opinion but a world cup win over msu winning the NC in football is the craziest thing ive ever read on a state web site.

AlmostPositive
06-16-2014, 08:56 PM
It seems we're supposed to like soccer because it's popular elsewhere. So is female genital mutilation, and I'll hold my applause for that as well..

TheRef
06-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Okay...I can't believe I have to say this.

Pro-soccer people: Stay out of the anti-soccer threads.

Anti-soccer people: Stay out of the pro-soccer threads.

Sound good for everyone? Great.

hacker
06-16-2014, 08:57 PM
I respect your opinion but a world cup win over msu winning the NC in football is the craziest thing ive ever read on a state web site.

hahah, I gotta agree there. I'd be pretty pumped if we won the World Cup, but I can barely think of anything in life that I could wish for that would be better than MSU winning a NC.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 08:58 PM

Exactly. That is asinine.

Dawg61
06-16-2014, 08:59 PM
I'm not trying to get a rise out of anyone. I genuinely despise the sport and wish it would leave America.

It isn't going to leave America. Ever. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world by far and USA is the "melting pot" of the world. For every one of you Curmudgeon there is another 500 diehard soccer fans from other countries who choose to move to the United States every single day. Go to Miami, NYC, Chicago, LA, Seattle etc.. during the world cup and you will see just how popular it is in this wonderful country.

hacker
06-16-2014, 09:01 PM
Just to recap what transpired today. This all started with the soccer fans invaded the soccer haters thread, not the other way around.

Is the "Go Ghana!!!!" thread the "soccer haters" thread you are referring to? The one that was practically begging soccer fans to join?

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Exactly. That is asinine.

It's not asinine, it's how he feels about it. Purely his opinion, even though I disagree with it

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 09:02 PM
hahah, I gotta agree there. I'd be pretty pumped if we won the World Cup, but I can barely think of anything in life that I could wish for that would be better than MSU winning a NC.

Let me explain... There would be riots in the streets if the US won the World Cup with people flipping cars and there would be a chance I would go home with a club girl.

I personally would care about MSU winning a NC, as would 25,000 of you tagging along with your wives. And the girls my age from State who aren't married aren't going to be running around flipping parked cars.

The Americans winning the World Cup would be a bigger deal in the grand scheme of things for my life. And those of you not stuck in Mississippi for life.

Personal investment? Us winning a 4 game playoff.

50 years from now me with my friends? World Cup. I left Mississippi though and my friends aren't ingrained in the Delta though... Although again i want to point out Jones lived in Greenwood.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Let me explain... There would be riots in the streets if the US won the World Cup with people flipping cars and there would be a chance I would go home with a club girl.

I personally would care about MSU winning a NC, as would 25,000 of you tagging along with your wives. And the girls my age from State who aren't married aren't going to be running around flipping parked cars.

The Americans winning the World Cup would be a bigger deal in the grand scheme of things for my life. And those of you not stuck in Mississippi for life.

I dont care if people flip cars over in brooklyn....and I dont live in MS

No shit it would be a bigger deal for america but I dont care. MSU winning a NC would be more special TO ME and probably just as big of an upset.

curmudgeon
06-16-2014, 09:06 PM
And those of you not stuck in Mississippi for life.

Some of us like being stuck in Mississippi. Bet I have more supporters if you want to keep bashing Mississippi like you have been.

TheRef
06-16-2014, 09:07 PM
I am calling a cease-fire from both sides of the argument. I repeat, cease-fire.

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 09:09 PM
I dont care if people flip cars over in brooklyn....and I dont live in MS

Well I do. And a crap ton of big towns would be doing similar things. Because that's how big winning the Cup is, lost on most of you.

And I don't live in the South where college football is god. So forgive me. I personally care about it, but no one else I know does. That's why I come here.

Added bonus that there happens to be some MSU people who like soccer too... But that's kind of been shit on.

Dawg61
06-16-2014, 09:09 PM

Esplanade take a break for a bit. When you start ripping on people cause they live in Mississippi on a Mississippi State board you need to take a break. Calm down. We are all very happy for you that you now live in NYC. Try to not punch any cab drivers tonight in your soccer rage and quit putting down Mississippi because you made a decision to move to NYC. Just curious but did Mississippi State help you get prepared for your new awesome life in NYC? Whose going to give us awesome beer pong details with the basketball team now?

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Hey dude, Im not married, i dont vote republican and Id never live in MS again....but it sounds like you have some anger issues about the magnolia state.

I realize the stereotype but just because he hates soccer doesnt make him a simpleton. I actually know who he is. Yea, we are complete opposite and I prob dont agree with 99% of his views on anything in this world but he is a good dude.

I think folks need to settle down. I find it hilarious how yall soccer guys are getting so pissed about it though.

Fyi, ive lived in nyc too esplanade. Sounds like you are adapting quite well. Nobody retires and moved north though....

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 09:16 PM
Esplanade take a break for a bit. When you start ripping on people cause they live in Mississippi on a Mississippi State board you need to take a break. Calm down. We are all very happy for you that you now live in NYC. Try to not punch any cab drivers tonight in your soccer rage and quit putting down Mississippi because you made a decision to move to NYC. Just curious but did Mississippi State help you get prepared for your new awesome life in NYC? Whose going to give us awesome beer pong details with the basketball team now?
I'm not mad at anyone. And I chose to move here to improve my resume so when I moved back south I wasn't stuck with a generic portfolio.

But people who babble about how soccer fans are illegal immigrants who are pussies who accept trophies and that the World Cup doesn't matter sound like people who were "stuck" in Mississippi. If I didn't love mississippi I wouldn't come to games or be involved on my end up here.

And I LOOOOOVE your beer pong joke. I want to hear it 10 more times! It's even better hearing both ends of your arguments about the roster!

All I said was that I witnessed a ton of players playing beer pong the night before a game which we lost a 20 point lead in the 2nd half. Somehow that's turned into me being a bro.

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 09:18 PM
What's wrong with being a bro, bro??

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 09:20 PM
What's wrong with being a bro, bro??

If I ever meet you I'm going to Ice you.

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 09:22 PM
If I ever meet you I'm going to Ice you.

Free alcohol?? Thank you

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Free alcohol?? Thank you
You're welcome, bro.

RougeDawg
06-16-2014, 09:28 PM
Jesus, our national soccer team just had one of their biggest wins ever, in World Cup play and people are on here arguing like 3rd graders. Look, some like soccer, some don't and kthers are indifferent, but I'm pretty damn sure we all love our country. So let's just enjoy our soccer team putting the USA on a pedestal and representing us with a nice win. To each his own when choosing what to watch or like, but we are all Americans.

CadaverDawg
06-16-2014, 09:30 PM
Jesus, our national soccer team just had one of their biggest wins ever, in World Cup play and people are on here arguing like 3rd graders. Look, some like soccer, some don't and kthers are indifferent, but I'm pretty damn sure we all love our country. So let's just enjoy our soccer team putting the USA on a pedestal and representing us with a nice win. To each his own when choosing what to watch or like, but we are all Americans.

Rouge's best post ever.

I seen it dawg
06-16-2014, 09:31 PM
There we go again Cadaver...think somebody stole his username

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 09:31 PM

My name is Marty Huggins and I approve this message

Dawg61
06-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Haha I just enjoyed that story then and I still do today.

Charlie_Sheen420
06-16-2014, 09:33 PM
The best thing to do is just lock these threads for the night. It will end all of this. All the matches are over anyways until tomorrow. Let there be peace

esplanade91
06-16-2014, 09:36 PM
Haha I just enjoyed that story then and I still do today.
If that's the case, the first night of college Kodi Augustus told me he'd kick my ass if I beat him in beer pong. I wasn't even playing him.

As someone who doesn't play beer pong... Or know any basketball players... I have a few basketball players beer pong related stories. The Kodi story didn't piss me off because he wasn't playing a conference game the next day though.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Loser has to bang Jemmye without a rubber

Dawg61
06-16-2014, 09:46 PM
If that's the case, the first night of college Kodi Augustus told me he'd kick my ass if I beat him in beer pong. I wasn't even playing him.

As someone who doesn't play beer pong... Or know any basketball players... I have a few basketball players beer pong related stories. The Kodi story didn't piss me off because he wasn't playing a conference game the next day though.

Haha see this is quality stuff that this board needs more of. I once saw Ben Hansbrough almost fight some drunk schmuck over a poker game. Haha

Noxdog
06-16-2014, 09:48 PM
Loser has to bang Jemmye without a rubber
\
Can I still bang her if I have a condom on???

DudyDawg
06-16-2014, 09:49 PM
Haha see this is quality stuff that this board needs more of. I once saw Ben Hansbrough almost fight some drunk schmuck over a poker game. Haha

Watch Wendell Lewis get in his car with the starting five leaving a party. He was drinking

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-16-2014, 09:52 PM
\
Can I still bang her if I have a condom on???

Actually, I bet that you could.

RougeDawg
06-16-2014, 10:09 PM
Rouge's best post ever.

Uh, thanks... I think.

Seen It, you referring to me?

RougeDawg
06-16-2014, 10:26 PM
Klinsmann going into the Stansbury Stall 34 seconds into the game, right after Dempsey put us up 1-0.