PDA

View Full Version : Another Black Bear hating on ED

blacklistedbully
06-16-2014, 03:33 PM
Here's another poster from Rivals. What's funny is his staple, "You're obsessed with Ole Miss", while proving he ias, in fact obsessed with ED.

Originally posted by electricreb:
Originally poste

My post in a thread started by someone else:

The Admiral Akbars had their bats confiscated pre-game. Seems telling they then turned around and managed just 1 hit the entire game, with maybe 2 or 3 squared up on and hit hard at all.

Some other poster:
They had them confiscated during BP before the opening ceremonies two days ago. Had nothing to do with being hot bats. They were dented. Other teams had them confiscated as well.

electricreb:
Blacklist is just another butthurt State fan that worries more about Ole Miss than their own schools programs. They actually believe in their little obsessed minds that the confiscated bats prove cheating. Every team had bats taken, hell, State had bats taken last year. But I guess it it makes all you idiots on ED board feel better about becoming the second best baseball school in the state then more power to ya!

My reply:

Please provide a link where it says MSU had bats confiscated last year. I have heard numerous OM fans claim this, but none have backed it up with a legit source. Why would I be butthurt about Om when we routinely whip that Black Bear butt in pretty much every sport lately. Aside from the past year in basketball, where we're clearly rebuilding, we've owned your rears in every sport, every one.

And it's hilarious that you think your finally making it to Omaha trumps us in baseball. You narrowly finished a little better than us this year. If you did it legitimately, then kudos. You had a very experienced team this year, and won a bunch of 1-run games. You're back to being probably 3rd best in-state next year. Only a fool would actually think OM has a better baseball program.

BTW, nice coaching job by Bianco last night!

RossDawg82
06-16-2014, 03:46 PM
That is ridiculous that they think that. BUT.... they do confiscate a lot of bats before the series starts. If there is the slightest dent in the bat, they will take it. I don't think this says anything about them cheating but that some of their bats were probably old and used. They got beat by the better team last night and Bianco made a crucial mistake to end the game. I don't think yall need to make such a big deal about the bats though. If they were confiscated for shaving or corking, you would have heard a lot more about it.

Coach34
06-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Havent run the numbers lately- but I know at least 1/3 of our traffic comes from OM people. InsideTheIPF and other BearShark private sites link our threads all the time.

chainedup_Dawg
06-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Has their even been anything other than Bonner quoting an Ole Miss player stating that other teams have had bats taken this year? I haven't seen it.

Todd4State
06-16-2014, 04:21 PM
That is ridiculous that they think that. BUT.... they do confiscate a lot of bats before the series starts. If there is the slightest dent in the bat, they will take it. I don't think this says anything about them cheating but that some of their bats were probably old and used. They got beat by the better team last night and Bianco made a crucial mistake to end the game. I don't think yall need to make such a big deal about the bats though. If they were confiscated for shaving or corking, you would have heard a lot more about it.

At the very least it's suspicious. Guy goes from hitting .130 in a wood bat league to hitting around .300 with 14 home runs. Several players making huge leaps from last season to this one- all at the same time. Several of the bats taken up belong to their top two power guys.

And then once the bats were taken up, they make very little quality contact not only off of one pitcher- but both pitcherst that UVA used. The second guy that UVA brought in wasn't even their closer.

If they do the same thing against Texas Tech, it's going to be even more suspicious.

Todd4State
06-16-2014, 04:22 PM
Has their even been anything other than Bonner quoting an Ole Miss player stating that other teams have had bats taken this year? I haven't seen it.

No. Not that I have seen.

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2014, 04:44 PM
Becoming the second best baseball school in the state? Is that a ****ing joke?

UM makes their first CWS in 42 years, is on the verge of going 2 and out, and suddenly they have passed us by? Even though we've been to the CWS about eight times in that same 42 year span, just made the championship series LAST YEAR, and in a down year were in the championship game of a regional this season? Second best program in the state my ass...

Johnson85
06-16-2014, 04:47 PM
At the very least it's suspicious. Guy goes from hitting .130 in a wood bat league to hitting around .300 with 14 home runs. Several players making huge leaps from last season to this one- all at the same time. Several of the bats taken up belong to their top two power guys.

And then once the bats were taken up, they make very little quality contact not only off of one pitcher- but both pitcherst that UVA used. The second guy that UVA brought in wasn't even their closer.

If they do the same thing against Texas Tech, it's going to be even more suspicious.

Pretty small sample size and also against a world series team that has good pitching and defense. I don't think that helps the case unless somebody that has watched them all year says there was a noticeable difference in pop on the good but not great contact they had last night.

Todd4State
06-16-2014, 04:49 PM
Becoming the second best baseball school in the state? Is that a ****ing joke?

UM makes their first CWS in 42 years, is on the verge of going 2 and out, and suddenly they have passed us by? Even though we've been to the CWS about eight times in that same 42 year span, just made the championship series LAST YEAR, and in a down year were in the championship game of a regional this season? Second best program in the state my ass...

They went 2-2 against us and went 0-2 against USM. And they played us before Cohen lit into the teams ass and we finished out strong.

Pioneer Dawg
06-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Pretty small sample size

Yep, but still funny to joke them about and should be used as much as possible

Todd4State
06-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Pretty small sample size and also against a world series team that has good pitching and defense. I don't think that helps the case unless somebody that has watched them all year says there was a noticeable difference in pop on the good but not great contact they had last night.

Of course it's a small sample size- we can't always have large sample sizes for everything as nice as that would be. That's why I said if they do the same thing against Texas Tech, it's going to be even more suspicious.

The small sample size doesn't change the fact that the top hitting team coming into the CWS has been thus far the worst hitting team of all the teams so far in the CWS. And it also doesn't change the fact that it is still very suspicious.

chainedup_Dawg
06-16-2014, 06:12 PM
No. Not that I have seen.

In the limited search I did I couldn't find anything that said any other school had bats taken up. I also searched to see if I could find anything from any year and could not

blacklistedbully
06-17-2014, 12:01 AM
More from our friend, electricreb:

His post:

Actually it has been reported by several sources that all eight teams had bats confiscated. As for as dents in bats, it actually is easy to do. They get dents with regular use. They can become dented in as little as one game. For a fan base that thinks they invented the game y'all sure are ignorant about it. Last week all the State morons were claiming our pitcher hat tar on his hat because he had a dark spot on the bill. They could not understand that when he handled a wet, dirty ball and then dried his fingers on his cap, it made a dark spot. Nope, got to be cheating! Morons.

My reply:

The beat-writer you refer to also only repeated what was said by Ole Miss players and staff. Still not one credible, unbiased source you can link. Hmmm. And you want to call our fans morons.

It is NOT easy to dent these bats. The idea that if can be dented in as little as one game is only in hte case of a bat that has had it's walls thinned or rolled.

Bottom line - you still have not cited a source other than Ole Miss players/coaches who have said other team's bats were confiscated. You still have said nothing about the pic above showing the open jar of vaseline in the Ole Miss dugout during the UVA game.

You do know what vaseline is used for in baseball, do you not?