PDA

View Full Version : What would be the harder pill to swallow for the bears?

starkvegasdawg
06-16-2014, 08:44 AM
Coming within 5 outs of making Omaha and making a documentary of always being sooooo close. Or, actually getting there, finally, only to go two and out.

engie
06-16-2014, 08:58 AM
Definitely getting close and failing...

Making it there was their goal. They accomplished it. Going 2 and Q is of no matter and does nothing to diminish the accomplishment.

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2014, 08:59 AM
Well, for years we've been told that they'd "rather not make it at all than go 2 and out like State did in 2007."

Let's see if that famous party line holds up if they lose on Tuesday.

messageboardsuperhero
06-16-2014, 09:02 AM
Definitely getting close and failing...

Making it there was their goal. They accomplished it. Going 2 and Q is of no matter and does nothing to diminish the accomplishment.

I agree with this. Just making it to Omaha (espcially when they haven't been there in 40+ years) is really to goal- anything else for them is gravy.

It's just funny to me how all we heard in '07 after going 2 and out was that it's just better to not go if you lose the first two games. Should UM lose Tuesday, they'll surely back off that stance now that they've actually been.

msstate7
06-16-2014, 09:12 AM
I know I'd rather go 2 and out than be sitting at home

Todd4State
06-16-2014, 09:14 AM
I know I'd rather go 2 and out than be sitting at home

So would everyone else but apparently Ole Miss. Although hopefully that changes Tuesday.

I don't know a lot about Texas Tech though.

engie
06-16-2014, 09:22 AM
I read that as a common, simple needle of MSU fans. Just them knowing how to get under a majority of our skins and exploiting it. They didn't actually believe any of it -- just like they didn't actually believe it last year when they were proclaiming that baseball wasn't even a major sport and football recruiting was a bigger deal.

It's their online MO. Pretended superiority. The sooner it quits bothering MSU fans, the quicker they can move on to something different to needle MSU fans about, much like many MSU fans will now have to find now that they've been to Omaha...

Goat Holder
06-16-2014, 10:24 AM
I'm sort of glad that we don't have to hear that damned Ole Miss At Home Again BS from our own douchetastic sector anymore.

However, I do realize that OMAHA was just a sympton, not the problem. I make fun of them as much as anybody, but in 2007, when WE were there and they weren't, and our terrible fans went on TV talking about Ole Miss, well, we can't really avoid the obsession talk then.

Percho
06-16-2014, 10:49 AM
I hope they come home with 1 hit.

Jacksondevildog
06-16-2014, 10:50 AM
There are no pills hard to swallow for rebel fans. They are used to swallowing pills.

Jacksondevildog
06-16-2014, 10:52 AM
The difference in 2007, was that a lot of local and national media had made the comment that Ole Miss had blown the doors off of Mississippi State's baseball program. For Ole Miss to come up short in 2005 and 2006 only to see us make Omaha in 2007 had to definitely sting. They ran their ****ing mouth for two years. We deserved to run ours for two weeks.