PDA

View Full Version : Mike minor

msstate7
06-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Looking horrible again. I would give serious thought to optioning minor down in favor of wood. Wood was very good as a starter and minor not so much

War Machine Dawg
06-15-2014, 08:20 PM
You've officially lost it. Minor had one awful start in Colorado where he ALWAYS struggles. I give him a pass on that. He's only given up 3 so far tonight. You also have to remember he missed a good chunk of spring training and the early part of the season, so he's probably battling a little bit of dead arm right now. Of all our pitchers, the one I'm least worried about is Minor. He's always given up some homers and always will. That's part of being a fly ball pitcher. He's still as good a #2 as you could want in the league. If anyone needs to go it's Harang, his last start not withstanding.

msstate7
06-15-2014, 08:26 PM
3.2 innings 10 hits 1bb ... Bases loaded as I type this. His era is 4.50.

Woods era was 2.83 before moving to bullpen.

I'm not saying keep minor down, but let him work it down there not in atl

War Machine Dawg
06-15-2014, 08:29 PM
3.2 innings 10 hits 1bb ... Bases loaded as I type this. His era is 4.50.

Woods era was 2.83 before moving to bullpen.

I'm not saying keep minor down, but let him work it down there not in atl

I never understood moving Wood out of the rotation either. I thought it was just common sense to move Harang, as it was always going to be a matter of time before he reverts to the same shitty starter he's always been. But apparently my brain doesn't function the same way as Fredi G and Wren.

Dawg61
06-15-2014, 08:58 PM
Minor doesn't lose his job so quickly, Braves have to be patient this year with Medlen and Beachy going down. It's a damn miracle they are in first place right now after losing 40% of your rotation in 2 weeks. Get creative and go with a 6 man rotation but use the 6th guy to give one SP a break each week. Teheran gets skipped then Minor then Santana then Harang then Floyd rinse and repeat.

msstate7
06-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Minor doesn't lose his job so quickly, Braves have to be patient this year with Medlen and Beachy going down. It's a damn miracle they are in first place right now after losing 40% of your rotation in 2 weeks. Get creative and go with a 6 man rotation but use the 6th guy to give one SP a break each week. Teheran gets skipped then Minor then Santana then Harang then Floyd rinse and repeat.

Have no problem with this, but never skip Teheran.

Who do you send down though? You can't send rp.

smootness
06-15-2014, 09:03 PM
Wood was sent to the bullpen to save innings essentially. It's the smart way to do it, the opposite of what the Nats did with Strasburg. The Braves did it with Medlen a few years ago, too, and it worked out phenomenally well.

There's no way we're sending Minor down, and we shouldn't. Minor, Teheran, and Santana will continue to have spots all year. Wood will eventually have a spot. The last spot will be between Floyd and Harang, and I'm almost certain Floyd will win it.

War Machine Dawg
06-15-2014, 09:22 PM
Wood was sent to the bullpen to save innings essentially. It's the smart way to do it, the opposite of what the Nats did with Strasburg. The Braves did it with Medlen a few years ago, too, and it worked out phenomenally well.

There's no way we're sending Minor down, and we shouldn't. Minor, Teheran, and Santana will continue to have spots all year. Wood will eventually have a spot. The last spot will be between Floyd and Harang, and I'm almost certain Floyd will win it.

Totally agree with this. Gives us a fresh arm down the stretch when we'll need one.

Dawg61
06-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Is Uggla still on the team? Get rid of that bum

msstate7
06-15-2014, 09:30 PM
Is Uggla still on the team? Get rid of that bum

Fine with me. We have found a 2b. Lastella is one of my favorite braves now. Huge double there