PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Group G

Maroons
06-15-2014, 03:45 PM
For those that know such things -

What results should we expect tomorrow in each game, and what should we be hoping for in the Portugal-Germany matchup?

LiterallyPolice
06-15-2014, 03:52 PM
You should expect Germany to win. And it is to our benefit, in my opinion, for Germany to win as big as possible because it may come down to goal differential and we want Portugal to have a bad one.

Charlie_Sheen420
06-15-2014, 06:03 PM
You should expect Germany to win. And it is to our benefit, in my opinion, for Germany to win as big as possible because it may come down to goal differential and we want Portugal to have a bad one.
This all day. US HAS to beat Ghana for any chance in the group. And it would be great if Germany could beat Portugal by 3 or 4 goals because then a draw with Portugal would pretty much allow the US to take 2nd and advance. I believe Jurgen is going all in on beating Ghana. A draw between Germany and Portugal would make things interesting though, especially if the US draws or even worse loses, to Ghana.

LiterallyPolice
06-15-2014, 06:18 PM
This all day. US HAS to beat Ghana for any chance in the group. And it would be great if Germany could beat Portugal by 3 or 4 goals because then a draw with Portugal would pretty much allow the US to take 2nd and advance. I believe Jurgen is going all in on beating Ghana. A draw between Germany and Portugal would make things interesting though, especially if the US draws or even worse loses, to Ghana.

I don't think we HAVE to win against Ghana... I think we're still in it with a draw. But obviously a win vs Ghana would greatly improve our chances.

Also to consider... When we play Germany, they may already be 2-0 and be content with a draw... And we may be playing for our lives to eke out a draw to advance.

DudyDawg
06-15-2014, 06:34 PM
We need Germany to win. If Portugal gets a point off of them, they will both best Ghana and it would be hard for us to beat those two.

Charlie_Sheen420
06-15-2014, 07:05 PM
I just think in this group it will take a minimum of 4 points to advance and goal differential will probably be a factor in that as well. Out of the group Ghana is the team that the US has the best shot of beating and should beat, but yes a tie will keep the US alive. I think the US can beat Portugal, but it depends how desperate each team will be in that game. That game could be an elimination game if the US and Portugal were to both lose tomorrow. I think the US could tie Germany, especially if they have 6 points then. It will be interesting to see how everything goes tomorrow, but I believe this is probably the most talented US team that I can remember, and getting out of this group would be a huge accomplishment.

DawgSaint
06-15-2014, 08:04 PM
All of the above about Germany and the goal diff, but we just need to beat Ghana first and foremost. Ready to see USA tomorrow afternoon!

dickiedawg
06-15-2014, 09:18 PM
Just win, baby. But it is tou our benefit for GER to win.