PDA

View Full Version : In other news, Slay is the Lions #1 CB.

PassInterference
06-14-2014, 08:01 PM
DET cut a guy, leaving Slay their top CB.

starkvegasdawg
06-14-2014, 08:32 PM
Hard to believe we had two future starting NFL corners on the field at the same time. Makes me sick we played all that crap soft zone with that level of talent on the field. Most college DC's would give up their left nut to have one guy with that level of talent on the field. We had two lockdown corners. Oh well.

War Machine Dawg
06-14-2014, 09:13 PM
Hard to believe we had two future starting NFL corners on the field at the same time. Makes me sick we played all that crap soft zone with that level of talent on the field. Most college DC's would give up their left nut to have one guy with that level of talent on the field. We had two lockdown corners. Oh well.

Can you even begin to imagine the havoc JLD would've dreamed up with corners like Banks & Slay on the field?

CadaverDawg
06-14-2014, 09:19 PM
Can you even begin to imagine the havoc JLD would've dreamed up with corners like Banks & Slay on the field?

Hopefully Collins shows us what it might of looked like this year

War Machine Dawg
06-14-2014, 09:30 PM
Hopefully Collins shows us what it might of looked like this year

Indeed. Love's lack of size may hurt him, but I think he's got NFL skills at CB. I also think Taveze Calhoun, now that he's completely healthy, is showing us he has similar ability. And there's a whole lot of talk that Will Redmond might actually be our best CB at some point this season. I'm so damn wooly about our football team it's ridiculous.

esplanade91
06-14-2014, 10:07 PM
I stood in line for tickets to the draft with some Lions fans and I asked this one about Slay because he kept saying he hoped they drafted a corner.

Said he thought he was "ok" but that he thinks he has a future. We'll see. A nasty division to be a corner in.

Dawg61
06-15-2014, 02:23 AM
Congrats to Slay but man he's got a tough season ahead if he's facing #1 WRs every week. At least he doesn't have to cover MegaTron.

FISHDAWG
06-15-2014, 08:08 AM
Indeed. Love's lack of size may hurt him, but I think he's got NFL skills at CB. I also think Taveze Calhoun, now that he's completely healthy, is showing us he has similar ability. And there's a whole lot of talk that Will Redmond might actually be our best CB at some point this season. I'm so damn wooly about our football team it's ridiculous.

been re-watching last yrs games in between the US Open ..... Calhoun def has shown he is the man for the job ... I think he's the best we have at that position right now and if he goes down this season there's no reason to panic ... everyone is excited about our offense but I think our def grabs everyone's attention