PDA

View Full Version : Tar and illegal bats

PassInterference
06-14-2014, 07:54 PM
We've got video evidence that Ole Miss's Weathersby was using tar in the super regional.

We've got Omaha officials with proof positive that Ole Miss has illegal bats.

This Ole Miss team has asterisks all over it. And it happened the year after we were runners up to a national championship. Coincidence? I think not.

TheRef
06-14-2014, 07:56 PM
According to Bonner, all eight teams had at least one bat confiscated by the NCAA during inspections.

PassInterference
06-14-2014, 07:59 PM
We didn't last year. And it appears Ole Miss had several.

HereComesTheSpiral
06-14-2014, 07:59 PM
According to Bonner, all eight teams had at least one bat confiscated by the NCAA during inspections.

One, not every single one

Goat Holder
06-14-2014, 08:05 PM
No doubt they were at the brink of utter desperation. That much is fact. Bianco knew he was likely fired if they flamed out in a regional. Even still, I don't think anyone could have predicted that so many of their players would improve so much.

KB21
06-14-2014, 08:47 PM
No doubt they were at the brink of utter desperation. That much is fact. Bianco knew he was likely fired if they flamed out in a regional. Even still, I don't think anyone could have predicted that so many of their players would improve so much.

They were projected to finish 5th in the west for a reason.

BossDawg
06-14-2014, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't put it past them....at all. It's a pretty funny coincidence though that every time MSU starts getting some national attention they seem to start pulling out all the stops. The investigations, recruiting, and perhaps this? Never underestimate what the desperate will do to salvage their ego.

Goat Holder
06-14-2014, 09:24 PM
Bianco went out and got Trent and Lee from JUCO, that helped.

CadaverDawg
06-14-2014, 09:24 PM
I wouldn't put it past them....at all. It's a pretty funny coincidence though that every time MSU starts getting some national attention they seem to start pulling out all the stops. The investigations, recruiting, and perhaps this? Never underestimate what the desperate will do to salvage their ego.

This^^

We are their ultimate motivation. But they don't care about us or get up for games against us******

Todd4State
06-14-2014, 10:43 PM

Goat nailed it.

And I think we all realize that it is extremely odd and rare for literally everyone on their team to take huge leaps forward after three years of being average.

starkvegasdawg
06-15-2014, 02:11 AM
Does Omaha now stand for ole miss altering hitting apparatuses?

AlSwearengen
06-15-2014, 06:43 AM
Bianco on the hot seat and State coming back from the ashes a few years ago to make it to omaha with State fans rubbing it in their faces. Sykes Orvis who doesn't have a muscle in his chubby body hitting all of those hr's in a dead bat era and then doesn't get drafted (which means he doesn't have much bat speed).

And because of the nature of baseball, it is pretty unusual for an entire team's numbers to jump the way it did for them. Look at Palmiero's numbers his sophomore and junior years.

Once again, it looks like the culture in oxford has reared it's ugly head.

msstate7
06-15-2014, 08:12 AM
Bianco went out and got Trent and Lee from JUCO, that helped.

Orvis, bousfield, Allen, and Anderson making unbelievable leaps offensively certainly helped too.