PDA

View Full Version : Bagmen around the SEC

AlSwearengen
06-14-2014, 05:07 PM
I saw another thread on the other board that would be a good discussion here. It will turn to shit in time over there though, so I offer it up here. Someone asked Godfrey to do a followup article discussing the schools with the most bagmen, best network, etc. around the SEC.

What does everyone here think? I gotta go with bama having the most bagmen. What about a big school like A&M?

How does olemiss' network compare around the league? I remember someone here talking about Brewster making the statement that he had never seen shenanigans anywhere that compared to what olemiss pulls.

That could be a good article if godfrey could do it without bias.

BulldogBear
06-14-2014, 05:30 PM
No. If it even mentions us, our compliance department will give us a two year bowl ban and cut 3 schollys***

Todd4State
06-14-2014, 05:51 PM
I'll tell you what I think:

No is more proud of their bagmen and their network than Ole Miss.

Come to MSU and go to the NFL and make millions four years later.

Go to Ole Miss and get a 7/11 worker's salary immediately and then go back the life you were living before.

State82
06-14-2014, 06:47 PM

Now this is definitely true. As far as the best and most covert, I would say Bama because they are, well, Bama. The most # of bagmen could be AU. Whatever, the top 3 I would say are Bama, AU and UM.

AlSwearengen
06-15-2014, 08:19 AM
My outside looking in opinions are that alabama and auburn hold the top spots as far as getting it done. Whether that be most bagmen or best network or whatever.

Per capita, olemiss has to be pretty high up. It seems that every member of the Spirit is willing to donate to the cause. When you have posters willing to pay people to troll State message boards for recruiting purposes, you have a lot of people wanting to be a part of the network. Fans registering as hot blondes on twitter, etc, etc. I find it impressive that they can get to most any recruit whether they be in illinois or texas or florida.

One would also think that tennessee has to be pretty high on the list, although their lack of success lately has allowed them to go without any attention from anyone. Just the fact that they have historically had an ongoing dick measuring contest with bama requires them to play the game pretty hard.

Texas A&M with their numbers and oil money could be an impressive machine if they chose to do so (maybe they are).

I seen it dawg
06-15-2014, 08:51 AM
I'll tell you what I think:

Come to MSU and go to the NFL and make millions four years later.

Go to Ole Miss and get a 7/11 worker's salary immediately and then go back the life you were living before.

This should be plastered everywhere a recruit can see it.

Political Hack
06-15-2014, 12:32 PM
OM, Auburn, and Tennessee. And it's not even close.

Todd4State
06-15-2014, 12:54 PM
My outside looking in opinions are that alabama and auburn hold the top spots as far as getting it done. Whether that be most bagmen or best network or whatever.

Per capita, olemiss has to be pretty high up. It seems that every member of the Spirit is willing to donate to the cause. When you have posters willing to pay people to troll State message boards for recruiting purposes, you have a lot of people wanting to be a part of the network. Fans registering as hot blondes on twitter, etc, etc. I find it impressive that they can get to most any recruit whether they be in illinois or texas or florida.

One would also think that tennessee has to be pretty high on the list, although their lack of success lately has allowed them to go without any attention from anyone. Just the fact that they have historically had an ongoing dick measuring contest with bama requires them to play the game pretty hard.

Texas A&M with their numbers and oil money could be an impressive machine if they chose to do so (maybe they are).

I don't know about that. Alabama, LSU, USCw, Texas, and others consistently pull in significantly better classes than Ole Miss. Their recruiting is a LOT closer to us than it is to those schools that I mentioned.

MrKotter
06-15-2014, 01:08 PM
No. If it even mentions us, our compliance department will give us a two year bowl ban and cut 3 schollys***

Bracky would love it. Self imposed death penalty

TUSK
06-15-2014, 01:52 PM
OM, Auburn, and Tennessee. And it's not even close.

Hack, you're on it....

AU is consistently cutting edge and will continually push the envelope to keep up in the arms race... T Taylor, Ronnie Gardner, et al...

UT is no slouch either...

When Dubose & Ronnie Cottrell were at Bama we were buying guys like a democrat with an EBT card... That '99 class literally had no salary cap.

RE: Mississippi, I don't pay a lot of attention to them in recruiting...