PDA

View Full Version : US Open

Dawg61
06-14-2014, 03:04 PM
Martin Kaymer is embarrassing everyone else at Pinehurst #2 this year. He's already set back to back lowest rounds ever at #2 with two 65's and he's way way out in front at -10. So much sports going on right now but this is my favorite golf tournament of the year. Hate that Tiger isn't playing but he'd be getting slaughtered by Kaymer this week too. #2 has been totally redone that I don't even recognize it and it's an unreal 7,560 yard par 70. That's enormous. Course looks unbelievably difficult and Kaymer is just out of his skull right now. Biggest blowout I remember since Woods at Pebble. Going to be fun to see if he can survive the demons of having such a large lead and two entire rounds to go. Anyone else watching?

TheRef
06-14-2014, 03:06 PM
Martin Kaymer is embarrassing everyone else at Pinehurst #2 this year. He's already set back to back lowest rounds ever at #2 with two 65's and he's way way out in front at -10. So much sports going on right now but this is my favorite golf tournament of the year. Hate that Tiger isn't playing but he'd be getting slaughtered by Kaymer this week too. #2 has been totally redone that I don't even recognize it and it's an unreal 7,560 yard par 70. That's enormous. Course looks unbelievably difficult and Kaymer is just out of his skull right now. Biggest blowout I remember since Woods at Pebble. Going to be fun to see if he can survive the demons of having such a large lead and two entire rounds to go. Anyone else watching?

It was not redesigned. It was simply restored to what it looked like when it was first done.

Dawg61
06-14-2014, 03:22 PM
It was not redesigned. It was simply restored to what it looked like when it was first done.

Redesigned restored whatever it looks nothing like when Payne played it outside the greens and fairways. I think it's beautiful what they've done with it so I'm not bitching. I think it's amazing what they've done. I've actually played #2 before they did the restoration and there's nothing "simply" about what they did. Massive work was put in to make it look like they didn't do any work lol. If you play golf and you ever get the chance I strongly recommend taking a vacation to Pinehurst and playing all the courses Pinehurst has. #2 is the famous one but they have something like 10 others that are all unique in their own way and just a blast to play. Very cool town in North Carolina that looks like you traveled back in time a hundred years.