PDA

View Full Version : Hud just signed a 6-yr extension at $950,000/yr + incentives

blacklistedbully
06-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Good for Hud. He's done a great job with that program.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hudspeth-agrees-6-extension-ull-165426628--ncaaf.html

TheRef
06-13-2014, 01:01 PM
$1.25 Mil buyout with a $250,000 decrease in that buyout every year.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 01:06 PM
They return a ton. Wonder if UL can upset OM

BeardoMSU
06-13-2014, 01:13 PM

After losing to Boise and Vandy to start the year, that would be hilarious.

Dawg61
06-13-2014, 01:23 PM
Wow ULL is getting a steal here. They have a top 20 HC at a much less than top 20 salary.

blacklistedbully
06-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Wow ULL is getting a steal here. They have a top 20 HC at a much less than top 20 salary.

We don't know what the incentives are. They have plenty of money over there.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 01:47 PM

No they dont

ScoobaDawg
06-13-2014, 02:21 PM
No they dont

But but all that oil money they told us about....

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 02:31 PM
But but all that oil money they told us about....

Im not saying there arent wealthy folks down there. There are wealthy folks in hattiesburg too. That doesnt mean either give to athletics.

ScoobaDawg
06-13-2014, 02:43 PM
Im not saying there arent wealthy folks down there. There are wealthy folks in hattiesburg too. That doesnt mean either give to athletics.

Evidently they own all the baseball season tickets though. ****

MetEdDawg
06-13-2014, 02:46 PM
I can't see him being there more than 3 more years unless he has a couple of so so years. If he coaches 3 more years and wins 9+ games every single year and can't get another job after that, then he might be in trouble. He should be able to get a better job after that. He would be 48 or 49 at that point, so he would need to be looking for the next step in his career pretty quickly soon.

bulldawg28
06-13-2014, 02:47 PM
I'm predicting them to beat Ole Miss.

blacklistedbully
06-13-2014, 02:58 PM
No they dont

Yes, they do. They do have oil money. Whether or not they choose to invest it in UL football may be in question, but it sure seems like they are a team on-the-rise with the fans very much behind the team.

They don't have SEC money, but they don't need that kind.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 03:08 PM
Yes, they do. They do have oil money. Whether or not they choose to invest it in UL football may be in question, but it sure seems like they are a team on-the-rise with the fans very much behind the team.

They don't have SEC money, but they don't need that kind.

Im telling you, they dont. Hartley Peavey has money too. It is worth nothing because he doesnt give it to us.

Being on the rise and having money in the budget are totally different things.
It isnt in question. You are just guessing. Im not.

Bubb Rubb
06-13-2014, 03:23 PM

Top 20? He's a good coach and I know everyone here loves him, but let's pump the brakes a little.

blacklistedbully
06-13-2014, 03:38 PM
Im telling you, they dont. Hartley Peavey has money too. It is worth nothing because he doesnt give it to us.

Ok, I'll admit I'm guessing based on things I've read casually. I'm assuming, based on your reply, that you're much closer to the situation. Mind sharing? Are you from the area, etc?

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 04:57 PM
Ok, I'll admit I'm guessing based on things I've read casually. I'm assuming, based on your reply, that you're much closer to the situation. Mind sharing? Are you from the area, etc?

Something like that. It is no big deal man. I actually root for UL. They have good fans and their baseball, basketball and football programs are all doing well.

Ncaa tourney
League championship
Host a super

Not a bad year

RougeDawg
06-13-2014, 08:51 PM
If ULL has no money how are they expanding their stadium to 48-49k seats and paying their head coach upwards of $1mil? Is the construction company a charity? You do realize this don't be very far behind our seating capacity. How do they steal a great hitting coach away from A&M, a former Big12 and now SEC team? They are having a surge of money pumped into the school. Their goal is to draw attention of one of big 6 conferences to join and start competing with LSU in all athletics.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 09:10 PM
Their stadium is a shithole. It is getting renovated but still wont be nice. 49k huh? Theyre at 31k and I beleive adding 5k, which will make them usm basically.

He was fired from a&m

They have less than a zero chance of being invited to a big 6. Cusa doesnt even want them.

DudyDawg
06-13-2014, 09:17 PM

What money

Amadden0408
06-13-2014, 09:18 PM
If ULL has no money how are they expanding their stadium to 48-49k seats and paying their head coach upwards of $1mil? Is the construction company a charity? You do realize this don't be very far behind our seating capacity. How do they steal a great hitting coach away from A&M, a former Big12 and now SEC team? They are having a surge of money pumped into the school. Their goal is to draw attention of one of big 6 conferences to join and start competing with LSU in all athletics.

Dude their athletic budget is still middle of the road sunbelt. They will be lucky to get a shot at Cusa. The BIG money people in lafayette, which there are several, tend to be LSU boosters, even if they graduated from USL. Their stadium is only going to be around 38000 after this expansion, and I don't think they can even fill that up with the exception of in state games like Southrrn, Mcneese, and maybe LaTech although they will probably bring less than the first 2 mentioned.

DudyDawg
06-13-2014, 09:20 PM

Even if they were going to 49k, aren't we going to 65??? 16-17k difference isn't exactly close

Coach34
06-13-2014, 09:56 PM
As someone that knows both Hud and Ennis- plus numerous ULL boosters that they indeed dont have much money. They are making progress- but they got a long damn way to go. They wish they were USM

RougeDawg
06-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Their stadium is a shithole. It is getting renovated but still wont be nice. 49k huh? Theyre at 31k and I beleive adding 5k, which will make them usm basically.

He was fired from a&m

They have less than a zero chance of being invited to a big 6. Cusa doesnt even want them.

561 you were saying??? Zero chance if they keep winning 9+ and can start knocking off OM like teams?

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 10:06 PM
And we released a master plan for 80k.

Dude just stop. I KNOW FOR FACT that they have no chance to join cusa.
You are guessing and googling to try and hold up a lame argument. Im not guessing.

RougeDawg
06-13-2014, 10:09 PM
Even if they were going to 49k, aren't we going to 65??? 16-17k difference isn't exactly close

49k will be close to our previous 55k and still not far from our now 61k. Everyone was talking about ULL like jet were second rate and no money.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 10:10 PM
Theyll never go to 49k.
They struggle to get 16k a game now.
Just stop dude.

They can go 12-0 for 10 years and not get invited to a good conf. It has nothing to do with that.

I seen it dawg
06-13-2014, 10:14 PM
49k will be close to our previous 55k and still not far from our now 61k. Everyone was talking about ULL like jet were second rate and no money.

Just go back to hitting...oh wait it's about the same. Just stfu

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-13-2014, 10:24 PM
He is slurring his typing. Dont hold it personal. He is drunk internet fighting about something he knows nothing about.

Most of us have been there.

RougeDawg
06-13-2014, 10:53 PM
And we released a master plan for 80k.

Dude just stop. I KNOW FOR FACT that they have no chance to join cusa.
You are guessing and googling to try and hold up a lame argument. Im not guessing.

Stop what? Reading that they have $115 million for a football expansion? What they've added thus far is relatively low cost. I got that off their web site. Have we provided the cost and funds gathered for the remainder of the 80k expansion? I'm just pointing out common knowledge facts and you are saying you attend CUSA executive meetings. But you are telling me to stop.

So the facts I should take away are: del mar is a CUSA exec and $115 mil for a football expansion is chump change. Gotcha.

DudyDawg
06-13-2014, 11:01 PM

I don't know about you, but even if that were true, I don't view twelve thousand people as being close.

Let's do an experiment. Let's fill the hump for a game plus some to 12k. Then lets zero people go. Let's see if it's a very big difference.

Saying those are close or basically the same is ridiculous

Pollodawg
06-14-2014, 10:00 AM

This.

BulldogBear
06-14-2014, 10:14 AM

I heard that they may believe they're going to become attractive for Big 12 expansion. I don't personally believe that will ever happen though. Conference expansion scenarios are a hobby of mine and I have a dozen or so including all the trickle down and I don't have any that will lead to ULL in a Power 5 or Power 4 (if 5th goes away).

BulldogBear
06-14-2014, 10:15 AM

Ennis,

Just for S&G, do you think we could get some vcash odds for ULL upsetting Ole Miss?