PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thread on the other board

AlSwearengen
06-11-2014, 07:50 PM
about leo lewis and the possibilities that he could switch. I remember seeing a post a couple of weeks ago by someone who was from the area and this person was saying that lewis' mother was not sold on bama and she was definitely not sold on jimmy johns. Sounds like things are definitely not over with lewis.

CadaverDawg
06-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Sounds like it could be a two team race between us and the Gumps based on the thread you're referring to. At this point...I'll take it.

Coach34
06-11-2014, 08:40 PM
Gonna be a 3 team race- Bammer, State, and OM

AlSwearengen
06-11-2014, 08:55 PM
Gonna be a 3 team race- Bammer, State, and OM

I was going to say. No way olemiss doesn't get in the middle of this one. They probably laid low last year after their big haul the previous year and are now ready to crank things up again.

Homedawg
06-11-2014, 09:01 PM
I was going to say. No way olemiss doesn't get in the middle of this one. They probably laid low last year after their big haul the previous year and are now ready to crank things up again.

Correct and in a huge way. And we have other big time guys they are throwing the bucket at as well. Some of which are assumed ours

TheDogFather
06-11-2014, 09:08 PM
I will say that anything is possible. But Bama is WAY out in the lead on this one. Take it from someone "in the area"

Coach34
06-11-2014, 09:13 PM
Correct and in a huge way. And we have other big time guys they are throwing the bucket at as well. Some of which are assumed ours

They did this last year also but Williams, Graham, and Green didnt bite

HoopsDawg
06-11-2014, 09:41 PM
I will say that anything is possible. But Bama is WAY out in the lead on this one. Take it from someone "in the area"

I think you are the one that said we had no shot here recently. I heard Jimmy Johns is out of the picture now.

BossDawg
06-11-2014, 10:21 PM

Think we need to be a little more aggressive trapping bears this year if you know what I mean. As obvious as they have become hell it shouldn't be too hard.

Todd4State
06-11-2014, 10:28 PM
Think we need to be a little more aggressive trapping bears this year if you know what I mean. As obvious as they have become hell it shouldn't be too hard.

If we keep winning we will be fine. That's something we haven't done consistently until Dan came along. Aside from Jackie's heyday maybe.

Players see guys like Singleton, Brassell, Kalio, etc. go up there and fail... and in the meantime they see guys like Gabe Jackson, McKinney as well as highly rated guys like Fletcher Cox and Chris Jones do well- it leaves an impression.

If it were me, and Ole Miss was throwing money at me, I would take their money- and then go to MSU. That way you get the best of both worlds.

Notice that their flips the past few years have been manufactured as opposed to being legitimate. Aside from maybe Sean Rawlings.

Homedawg
06-11-2014, 10:32 PM
They did this last year also but Williams, Graham, and Green didnt bite

No argument. Just that they won't down without swinging. Take nothing for granted. That's all.

Coach34
06-11-2014, 10:41 PM
No argument. Just that they won't down without swinging. Take nothing for granted. That's all.

oh I agree 100%

TheDogFather
06-12-2014, 12:29 PM
OK. I'll try and find out what my guy says. May be right.

thf24
06-12-2014, 01:31 PM
Aside from maybe Sean Rawlings.

I'd consider Rawlings the least legitimate of all of them. In fact, I really wouldn't call it a flip at all. He would only have been truly "committed" to us in a universe where the possibility of an Ole Miss offer didn't exist.

HancockCountyDog
06-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I'd consider Rawlings the least legitimate of all of them. In fact, I really wouldn't call it a flip at all. He would only have been truly "committed" to us in a universe where the possibility of an Ole Miss offer didn't exist.

Apparently his Dad was a regular on Ole Miss' scout board for years. Hard to claim that they stole him from us.

I have a feeling if there is a lifelong poster on Genespage and they have a SEC caliber athlete, the bears have as good a shot at him as Millsaps.

Raytoraid83
06-12-2014, 01:39 PM

Lol. *insert sunglass smiley face*

RossDawg82
06-12-2014, 01:41 PM
This is the first year that I have really followed recruiting on a daily/weekly basis. It seems that when we offer a guy, the coaches are very quick to let them know that Ole Miss will soon be on you and to not fall for their tricks. Have the coaches done this in the past, or have they just grown tired of OM's shenanigans and finally started telling recruits what to expect? If this is the case, then I feel that Leo is a MSU/Bama fight. He listed his leaders and OM wasn't on the list.

maroonmania
06-12-2014, 02:20 PM
Well, take nothing for granted because we've already lost 4 verbals this year and its barely Summer. Johnson and Linton to OM and Holcomb and Moton to Bama. The good thing about this year is that we are hot on enough really good prospects that if someone doesn't want to stick with us there is another really good prospect right behind them lined up to take their place.

jumbo
06-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Well, take nothing for granted because we've already lost 4 verbals this year and its barely Summer. Johnson and Linton to OM and Holcomb and Moton to Bama. The good thing about this year is that we are hot on enough really good prospects that if someone doesn't want to stick with us there is another really good prospect right behind them lined up to take their place.

Holcombe was last year

maroonmania
06-12-2014, 02:34 PM
Holcombe was last year

You are correct, so only 3.

TheDogFather
06-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Ok. So I won't say things have changed. But things may be changing. Still Bama in the lead and not sure how you overcome that. But Jimmy is not out of the picture.

Take it for what it's worth.

AlSwearengen
06-12-2014, 06:22 PM
one of the six-pack's resident bears have weighed in and he says it is an in-state battle. I hate to say this, but they tend to have a better grasp of what is going on than our fans do when it comes to recruiting.

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2014, 07:08 PM
one of the six-pack's resident bears have weighed in and he says it is an in-state battle. I hate to say this, but they tend to have a better grasp of what is going on than our fans do when it comes to recruiting.

That's just wishful thinking by a bear. He ain't going Ole Miss. All his buddies will be at MSU and he can play for Collins. There isn't one advantage in this recruiting battle that OM has over MSU.

Coach34
06-12-2014, 08:50 PM
I'll say this again- and it comes from people who know-

It's a 3 team race- State, Bammer, and OM....look for him to decommit and this bitch gets wild till signing day

maroonmania
06-12-2014, 09:18 PM
Ok. So I won't say things have changed. But things may be changing. Still Bama in the lead and not sure how you overcome that. But Jimmy is not out of the picture.

Take it for what it's worth.

He's like Bob Wiley, he's NEVER out of the picture.

TheDogFather
06-12-2014, 09:42 PM
I'll say this again- and it comes from people who know-

It's a 3 team race- State, Bammer, and OM....look for him to decommit and this bitch gets wild till signing day

And Bama is WAY out in the lead according to people who know. I don't know who you know but the people I know who know can't get any closer Leo.

But as I said before I don't have a track record on predictions good or bad. So take it for what it's worth.

ShotgunDawg
06-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Of course Bama is out front. He is committed to them for a reason, but, if he decommits from them, I don't think we can say they are out front any longer.

People in the know repeat what they hear, but people in the know don't always have a feel for how this stuff works. There are usually very few surprises in recruiting. Kids usually go where it makes sense. And sense we will have a great defense and all of Leo's friends playing on it, it makes an awful awful lot of sense for Leo to come to MSU.

Linton, Johnson, Koolio, etc except for CJ Johnson were all Ole Miss guys from the beginning. It would have been more surprising if they came to MSU.

It makes no sense for Leo to go to Ole Miss because he has no connection there, and nothing that could attract him there more than anywhere else. MSU makes sense for Leo and barring massive shenanigans, I believe that's where he ends up.

TUSK
06-13-2014, 12:38 AM
Of course Bama is out front. He is committed to them for a reason, but, if he decommits from them, I don't think we can say they are out front any longer.

People in the know repeat what they hear, but people in the know don't always have a feel for how this stuff works. There are usually very few surprises in recruiting. Kids usually go where it makes sense. And sense we will have a great defense and all of Leo's friends playing on it, it makes an awful awful lot of sense for Leo to come to MSU.

Linton, Johnson, Koolio, etc except for CJ Johnson were all Ole Miss guys from the beginning. It would have been more surprising if they came to MSU.

It makes no sense for Leo to go to Ole Miss because he has no connection there, and nothing that could attract him there more than anywhere else. MSU makes sense for Leo and barring massive shenanigans, I believe that's where he ends up.

Look, Shotgun, Bammer hasn't gotten a rockstar, highly rated Mississippi prospect in YEARS... let this one slide, buddy.

ShotgunDawg
06-13-2014, 01:37 AM
Look, Shotgun, Bammer hasn't gotten a rockstar, highly rated Mississippi prospect in YEARS... let this one slide, buddy.

Norwood and Fluker?

TUSK
06-13-2014, 02:13 AM
Norwood and Fluker?

Fluker was a rockstar, for sure... but I qualify him as LA born and a Bama (Foley) HS grad... Norwood was solid, but not a "rockstar"...

Freddie, however, was pretty bigtime, I thought.

engie
06-13-2014, 06:53 AM
You are correct, so only 3.

When you recruit with the big boys, that's what happens. Bama averages 7-8 decommits per year. They just don't melt about it because they replace those guys with players that are just as good...