PDA

View Full Version : Crews are working on camera side of stadium this morning, if you're interested......

Cowbells
06-11-2014, 10:12 AM
Nice to actually see something.

sleepy dawg
06-11-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks...

I have noticed that the picture is not "live". When I refresh, I keep the same image. Does anyone know how often the image is actually updated?

Cowbells
06-11-2014, 11:27 AM
Seems to refresh about every 10-15 minutes. Would be nice if it were at shorter intervals than that.

Cowbells
06-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Looks like large sheets of "bricks". About to get fun watching the cam. Sure wish it refreshed more often, though.

DudyDawg
06-18-2014, 11:52 AM
That would essentially be a video

RougeDawg
06-18-2014, 12:42 PM
Are we not as technically advanced to have live video feed of the stadium, and multiple cameras? Even shitty Tulane has two live video feeds of their high school stadium going up. How hard is it for a SEC school to out in a few $100-200 web cam around the stadium? And some of our fans wonder why others have a certain perception about us and our university. Just a few small things could start changing perspectives.

hacker
06-18-2014, 12:48 PM
I fail to see how having a pointless live feed of a construction site has anything to do with the perception of MSU. Jesus, you guys are off your rockers.

ScoobaDawg
06-18-2014, 12:49 PM
Are we not as technically advanced to have live video feed of the stadium, and multiple cameras? Even shitty Tulane has two live video feeds of their high school stadium going up. How hard is it for a SEC school to out in a few $100-200 web cam around the stadium? And some of our fans wonder why others have a certain perception about us and our university. Just a few small things could start changing perspectives.

Are you serious... You really need your heard examined. wow.

hacker
06-18-2014, 12:49 PM
"I was going to go to MSU, then I found out their webcam only updates the new stadium construction image every 15 minutes." --our recruits, apparently

Cowbells
06-18-2014, 12:56 PM
I'm speaking as an MSU fan and ticket holder and potential donor ...... I wish the dern camera refreshed more often.

chainedup_Dawg
06-18-2014, 02:27 PM
We all wish it was live or updated more often, but is that really something worth being upset about? If you get worked up over something like that, you must be miserable.

ScoobaDawg
06-18-2014, 03:21 PM
I'm speaking as an MSU fan and ticket holder and potential donor ...... I wish the dern camera refreshed more often.

They just poured a bucket of cement.
They just placed 5 nails in some drywall.
They walked to lunch break

Sorry yall missed all that.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-18-2014, 03:40 PM
Are some of you actually bored enough to where you want to watch the construction live?

RougeDawg
06-18-2014, 03:59 PM
Are you serious... You really need your heard examined. wow.

Serious about what? Questioning how difficult it is to get a live web cam? And pointing out that lil ole Tulane has 2 live feeds. Asking our university to do Something that a 5 years old can do with a few clicks of the mouse is a reason to have my head examined?

RougeDawg
06-18-2014, 04:04 PM
"I was going to go to MSU, then I found out their webcam only updates the new stadium construction image every 15 minutes." --our recruits, apparently

I wasn't talking about recruits you moron. I was talking about the general perception that MS as a whole is backward and behind the current times along with MSU's perception as behind in academic areas. Based on your response, I can see why outsiders view Mississippi as backward and closed minded.

Putting up a web cam should take no more than 15-20 minutes. Guess that's too much to ask from a university in the nations top conference athletic and $ wise. Shit, I'll donate an extra $500 this war so we can install 4 web cams in Davis Wade. That's about all it would take. Could even add in a project for IT department to keep track of as maintain the cameras. But no let's keep using 1990's technology.

sandwolf
06-18-2014, 04:40 PM
I fail to see how having a pointless live feed of a construction site has anything to do with the perception of MSU. Jesus, you guys are off your rockers.

Are some of you actually bored enough to where you want to watch the construction live?

Haha these two posts sum up my thoughts perfectly.

RougeDawg
06-18-2014, 06:45 PM
I fail to see how you simpletons don't see the point attempting to be made here. How can other schools with stadium construction going on, such as A&M and lil ole Tulane, have live feeds and not State? Both of those have multiple angle live feeds. We have one agle that updates every 5-15 minutes. And actually for those of us with engineering degrees, yes seeing how something is constructed live feed is better than updating pictures. When you click on a channel to watch something, would you prefer they just update the still shot every 15 seconds. For someone who donates a large chunk to athletics every year, I would expect us to at least be on par with the Tulanes of the world when it comes to keeping the alumni and donors up to speed with construction projects. I'm not worked up or goin to cut donations, but something as simple as ONE live web cam could be installed in no time. Heaven forbid we ask for TWO live webcams to get us up to par with Tulane. That would be toooooo expensive an burdensome. Once again the simpleton mindset is ok with technology that's 20 years out of date. But why would anyone think anything about Mississippians and them being ok with old technology and not caring about having 10 year old technology? Im not asking for a user enabled zoom, tilt and pan camera feed with sound and daily verbal summaries of that days transgressions. Just a simple video feed that I thought any person with brain could install, but I can't assume that after reading some of these posts.

Bo Darville
06-18-2014, 09:32 PM
I never had an answering machine until I got to MSU in 1989. So I'm just amazed that I can get on the interwebs and see the stadium at all.

hacker
06-18-2014, 11:23 PM
I wasn't talking about recruits you moron. I was talking about the general perception that MS as a whole is backward and behind the current times along with MSU's perception as behind in academic areas. Based on your response, I can see why outsiders view Mississippi as backward and closed minded.

Putting up a web cam should take no more than 15-20 minutes. Guess that's too much to ask from a university in the nations top conference athletic and $ wise. Shit, I'll donate an extra $500 this war so we can install 4 web cams in Davis Wade. That's about all it would take. Could even add in a project for IT department to keep track of as maintain the cameras. But no let's keep using 1990's technology.

It was a joke, "moron"

But the point is that it doesn't freaking matter. Nobody wants to watch a construction site in real time. Maybe they didn't set the webcam to "live" on purpose, as a favor to the wives of the 3 people who literally do want to sit and watch paint dry. And it has no effect on the perception of MSU, whatsoever.

TheRef
06-18-2014, 11:26 PM
It was a joke, "moron"

But the point is that it doesn't freaking matter. Nobody wants to watch a construction site in real time. Maybe they didn't set the webcam to "live" on purpose, as a favor to the wives of the 3 people who literally do want to sit and watch paint dry. And it has no effect on the perception of MSU, whatsoever.

Also I believe that they didn't feel like setting it up to do a live constantly updated feed every second. What they are doing, however, is doing a time-lapse photo of construction. In that case, 15-minute periods are quite reasonable unless you want an ungodly large file size that is completely unreasonable. Now I know that it is possible to do both, but I'm just trying to understand where the University is coming from with this.

hacker
06-18-2014, 11:32 PM
Also I believe that they didn't feel like setting it up to do a live constantly updated feed every second. What they are doing, however, is doing a time-lapse photo of construction. In that case, 15-minute periods are quite reasonable unless you want an ungodly large file size that is completely unreasonable. Now I know that it is possible to do both, but I'm just trying to understand where the University is coming from with this.

yeah, 99% of the visitors are going to check in every now and then and just compare the progress made since their last visit, which makes sense.

also, bandwidth ain't free.

Barking 13
06-19-2014, 07:39 AM
I think we're just lucky to have a cam....

TheRef
06-19-2014, 07:53 AM
Here is why they are doing a straight live feed. Time-lapse video of the expansion.

http://youtu.be/kLjWvofHUgw