TheRef
06-10-2014, 09:38 PM
TE Farrod Green of Wesson HS.

RC3
06-10-2014, 09:39 PM
Not really rated yet?

engie
06-10-2014, 09:45 PM
Green is a huge piece of the puzzle that helps with Lewis and Peters... Has been really high on us for awhile. Wish I had more on him, but it seems he's been a known name that has flown under the radar in terms of scouting reports...

RC3
06-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Good. Thanks for the info. If nothing else, he seems to have decent size

DudyDawg
06-10-2014, 09:57 PM
Green is a huge piece of the puzzle that helps with Lewis and Peters... Has been really high on us for awhile. Wish I had more on him, but it seems he's been a known name that has flown under the radar in terms of scouting reports...

Biggest other name I saw interested in him was Auburn. Don't know if they offered or not.

hailmari
06-10-2014, 10:00 PM
All accounts point to him being a really good kid and popular among this in-state class. Good size and athletic, nobody is sure where he fits yet, though.

I wonder if he can rush a passer.

TheRef
06-10-2014, 10:03 PM
All accounts point to him being a really good kid and popular among this in-state class. Good size and athletic, nobody is sure where he fits yet, though.

I wonder if he can rush a passer.

Robbie says that he helped his stock by switching from WR to TE. Has good hands and good speed.

Big4Dawg
06-10-2014, 10:16 PM
Jamal Peters @JamalPeters21 ? 29m
Here We Come

Jamal Peters @JamalPeters21 ? 33m
Ms state is getting a lot of Commits

Big4Dawg
06-10-2014, 10:18 PM
Third Biscuit - And speaking of 2015 TE prospect Farrod Green of Wesson High School, I talked with him some after camp today and will talk more with him Tuesday as well. He continues to pick up new interest from school and Mississippi State has been on him pretty regular since late last season. I also believe Green helped his case today as far as possibly earning an offer from MSU. He posted a 4.7 forty time and after starting a little slow in individual drills, Green really picked it up during 1-on-1 drills. He is very physical in his route running and using his hands well to shield defenders off at the line of scrimmage. He also runs good routes and when the ball is catachable, Green is pretty automatic catching the ball. He will talk more with head coach Dan Mullen tomorrow and we have to wait and see where that goes.

CadaverDawg
06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Here We Come

I know it's WAY early, but this sounds good

hailmari
06-10-2014, 10:20 PM
Here We Come

Call me crazy, but that sounds like a positive.

DudyDawg
06-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Here We Come

He also retweeted an lsu tweet of signees roster numbers and an ole miss fan saying they want him. As well as an msu fan. Don't read too much into it

BeastMan
06-10-2014, 10:21 PM
Ya he's our TE 100%. Hell of a player who is perfect for how Mullen like his TEs. Also doesn't hurt that he is really close with Leo Lewis, Jonas Spivey, and Jamal Peters.

Todd4State
06-10-2014, 10:33 PM
I've been a Farrod Green fan for a long time.

mjh94
06-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Apparently this upcoming season will only be his second as a football player, last year being his first.

His father is the DB coach at Co-Lin

Reason2succeed
06-11-2014, 02:55 AM
Apparently this upcoming season will only be his second as a football player, last year being his first.

We HAD to sign this kid. He was TOO connected. He is friends with other big time recruits and his dad is a coach at Co-Lin? Definitely, needed this kid regardless. It will pay off in the long run.

BeastMan
06-11-2014, 07:30 AM
We HAD to sign this kid. He was TOO connected. He is friends with other big time recruits and his dad is a coach at Co-Lin? Definitely, needed this kid regardless. It will pay off in the long run.

You make good points but this kid has legitimate upside at TE that makes him a take even if he didn't have all those connections you mentioned.

msstate7
06-11-2014, 07:34 AM

Weird. How does a coach's son wait to start playing football till his junior year? Esp one that has d1 talent. Either way I'm glad to have him

jimbo352
06-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Weird. How does a coach's son wait to start playing football till his junior year? Esp one that has d1 talent. Either way I'm glad to have him

I have no idea, but my guess is that he played basketball most of his life, and someone finally convinced him he had a future in football.

Bubb Rubb
06-11-2014, 08:35 AM

Maybe seeing that TE in Denver go from basketball star to football star in just a couple of years had something to do with it....

jumbo
06-11-2014, 08:39 AM
I have no idea, but my guess is that he played basketball most of his life, and someone finally convinced him he had a future in football.

Paul said he grew up playing basketball

LC Dawg
06-11-2014, 08:44 AM

His dad also played db at Co-Lin and Alcorn.

FISHDAWG
06-11-2014, 09:32 AM
with 4.7 speed as a TE I'm not completely sold that we are offering just because of his connections although it would be a very good bonus ...but I think that might be faster than any TE we currently have (although I haven't researched)

Jack Lambert
06-11-2014, 09:47 AM
Maybe seeing that TE in Denver go from basketball star to football star in just a couple of years had something to do with it....

Didn't Jimmy Graham only play one year of college football?

smootness
06-11-2014, 10:49 AM
with 4.7 speed as a TE I'm not completely sold that we are offering just because of his connections although it would be a very good bonus ...but I think that might be faster than any TE we currently have (although I haven't researched)

That's probably about what Malcolm Johnson and Brandon Hill run.

smootness
06-11-2014, 10:51 AM
Didn't Jimmy Graham only play one year of college football?

Yes, he and Thomas both played just one year. And Antonio Gates didn't play football at all in college.

DudyDawg
06-11-2014, 10:52 AM
6'3 with a frame for about 30 plus more lbs. With good speed and good jumper. Good pick up. I think being a basketball player helps TEs and big WRs a ton, bc they already know how to use their butt to block out a rebounder, just got to apply it to a covering linebacker. His connections don't hurt either

deltadawg99
06-11-2014, 11:24 AM
I like the pickup. Good size and athleticism.

Between his dad being a coach at co lin and Farrod being good friends with some of our big recruits I think that is definitely an added bonus. As we've learned with OM, having in roads with recruits is a major key.

I'll be shocked if OM doesn't offer by the end of lunch today. That's usually how they roll when it comes to talent evaluation.