PDA

View Full Version : Bulldogs Playing Summer Ball

DudyDawg
06-10-2014, 08:53 PM
I didn't see this posted, so here is the link to the players in summer leagues and their teams. I think I saw cadaver or someone mention trying to sticky it and update stats or something, so here is the link to the list if it hasn't been posted.

http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209519293&USE_REGULAR_SITE_FOR_MOBILE=YES

DudyDawg
06-10-2014, 08:58 PM
http://www.hailstate.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=16800&ATCLID=209519293

Here it is posted from my laptop. I don't think the other link works

CadaverDawg
06-10-2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks bud.

DudyDawg
06-11-2014, 05:08 PM
Seth Heck off to a good start

https://twitter.com/hailstatebb/status/476847087569887232

CadaverDawg
06-11-2014, 05:58 PM
Wow, 4 doubles in 4 games, AND scoring 7 runs in 4 games? I was thinking leadoff for Heck next year, but the way he is gaining gap power, maybe he should bat in the 2 hole behind Vick or somebody to allow for more RBI opps.

DudyDawg
06-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Wow, 4 doubles in 4 games, AND scoring 7 runs in 4 games? I was thinking leadoff for Heck next year, but the way he is gaining gap power, maybe he should bat in the 2 hole behind Vick or somebody to allow for more RBI opps.

For some reason, I never really liked him at leadoff. Always thought he would be a great two hole guy bc he is smart and can handle the bat. Gives us more options to bunt, hit and run and stuff if leadoff guy gets on

smootness
06-12-2014, 12:23 PM
Holland may end up leading off, though I'm not sure how much speed he has. He showed the ability to get on base as a freshman at FSU, though.

ETA: He stole 26 bases this year in JUCO, so I'm sure he'll hit at the top of the order somewhere. He showed a little pop, but I doubt he hits for a lot of power in the SEC.

CadaverDawg
06-12-2014, 12:48 PM
Holland may end up leading off, though I'm not sure how much speed he has. He showed the ability to get on base as a freshman at FSU, though.

ETA: He stole 26 bases this year in JUCO, so I'm sure he'll hit at the top of the order somewhere. He showed a little pop, but I doubt he hits for a lot of power in the SEC.

Didn't he have a good OBP, too? That's the most important thing to me. Last year Frazier and Detz were On Base machines to set the table for Renfroe and Pirtle, and even Big Wes. It would be great to have Holland and Heck drawing walks and getting on base at a high clip next year for Hump, Collins, Garner and Rea

smootness
06-12-2014, 02:01 PM
Didn't he have a good OBP, too? That's the most important thing to me. Last year Frazier and Detz were On Base machines to set the table for Renfroe and Pirtle, and even Big Wes. It would be great to have Holland and Heck drawing walks and getting on base at a high clip next year for Hump, Collins, Garner and Rea

His OBP was .520, and his isoOBP was over .100. So yes, he gets on base very well, that seems to be his best skill.

CadaverDawg
06-12-2014, 02:31 PM
His OBP was .520, and his isoOBP was over .100. So yes, he gets on base very well, that seems to be his best skill.

That has leadoff written all over it, Good stuff. Is he a lefty, righty, or switch at the plate?

DudyDawg
06-12-2014, 02:32 PM
I don't think that we will have much trouble finding production as far as OBP and leadoff guys. I think the big thing is getting another power guy to be consistent, like garner or hump. That will obviously give us a guy w pop in the order, but would also protect Collins and even Rea and give them more fast balls to hit if they fear a guy behind them to hot a three run bomb if those guys get walked

CadaverDawg
06-12-2014, 02:51 PM
I have no problem with small, leadoff, types as long as they take that leadoff approach. Part of our downfall this season, and against ULL, was that guys like Vick, Bradford, Britton, etc started swinging at first pitches and bad pitches instead of playing to their strengths and working counts. Too many pop ups early in counts that negated their speed and their ability to draw walks or get into the bullpen IMO .

RBritt
06-15-2014, 03:55 PM
Has the Holland guy been playing any summer ball?