PDA

View Full Version : Looks like no facebook, twitter, clarionledger, 6pack, etc. for about 2 weeks.....

Goat Holder
06-09-2014, 09:34 PM
It's going to be tough to stay away from this shit.

Pioneer Dawg
06-09-2014, 09:36 PM
UVA and TCU should take them out.

We pull for Texas Tech game 1.

msstate7
06-09-2014, 09:38 PM
No one to blame but ourselves. If wanted to keep em out of Omaha, we should've manned up last weekend and done it ourselves. Screw em! We're gonna stomp a mudhole in them thanksgiving

Goat Holder
06-09-2014, 09:38 PM
I thought Washington/ULL would too.

Goat Holder
06-09-2014, 09:39 PM
The ONLY good thing to come out of this crap is that they didn't get to dogpile in Oxford in front of us. Dead Injuns looking out for us.

bluelightstar
06-09-2014, 09:57 PM
If they had to go to Omaha this season, I'm glad it went through ULL and not by beating us 2-0 in Oxford.

LeakyD
06-09-2014, 10:07 PM
You can really see how bad our hitting was now. They pitched us pretty well 5 games deep. They didn't have enough arms to last 3 against the bears.

bluelightstar
06-09-2014, 10:09 PM
You can really see how bad our hitting was now. They pitched us pretty well 5 games deep. They didn't have enough arms to last 3 against the bears.

completely amplified everything that was wrong with us.

Pioneer Dawg
06-09-2014, 10:10 PM
You can really see how bad our hitting was now.

Extra base hits proved very valuable for the Bears

MarketingBully01
06-09-2014, 10:15 PM

I agree. In retrospect, the ULL regional probably wasn't a good fit for us after all.

RougeDawg
06-10-2014, 07:36 AM

Don't you talk about our hitting. We have one of the best hitting coaches in all of baseball.**

RougeDawg
06-10-2014, 07:40 AM
One difference in this weekend vs last weekend. I'll was forced deep into counts and their inability to throw strikes caught up with them. We didn't allow their pitchers to help us out by swinging at first pitches. Not only does that give them easy outs, it extends the game for their inadequate pitching staff. We never forced them deep into their pen. OM did the last two nights and it paid off, mainly with walks and extra base runners.

msstate7
06-10-2014, 07:43 AM
One difference in this weekend vs last weekend. I'll was forced deep into counts and their inability to throw strikes caught up with them. We didn't allow their pitchers to help us out by swinging at first pitches. Not only does that give them easy outs, it extends the game for their inadequate pitching staff. We never forced them deep into their pen. OM did the last two nights and it paid off, mainly with walks and extra base runners.

I agree with this.

Ull was very patient and benefitted from a terrible ump. We just hacked away and never took advantage of the tight strike zone.

CadaverDawg
06-10-2014, 07:49 AM
Luckily they don't care about baseball as a fan base....or that's what they've said the last 42 years while we've been going to Omaha and they haven't anyway.

This is all Polk's fault...Thanks Polk, and Thanks LT*

Saltydog
06-10-2014, 07:55 AM
much as anyone but they are playing extremely well right now. I think they'll beat UVA and to be honest, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they don't make a run to the finals. If they get there, look out.

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-10-2014, 08:07 AM
They're winning the NC.

DawgSaint
06-10-2014, 08:15 AM
They're winning the NC.

Come back off the ledge they will be coming home a week from today

Eric Nies Grind Time
06-10-2014, 08:17 AM
If they can get past Virginia they are the best team in Omaha. I could see them winning it all.

msstate7
06-10-2014, 08:24 AM
If they can get past Virginia they are the best team in Omaha. I could see them winning it all.

Texas, Virginia, or UCI will win it

Goat Holder
06-10-2014, 08:29 AM
Come back off the ledge they will be coming home a week from today

You were crowing that they wouldn't beat ULL. Just STFU. It's a real possibility that Ole Miss comes home with hardware.

CadaverDawg
06-10-2014, 08:49 AM
You were crowing that they wouldn't beat ULL. Just STFU. It's a real possibility that Ole Miss comes home with hardware.

So just bc he's not giving OM the title, he should STFU? Where are we? Did I click the wrong site? Nope, not SPS...and no Reb mods to keep happy. Hmm...

DawgSaint
06-10-2014, 08:50 AM

What exactly do you do with the Goat when you are holding it? Anyway, yes ass hat I did say they would choke. No reason to think they wouldn't! They have every time until last night. If they beat VA then I'll be concerned, but until then I'm not.

shannondawg
06-10-2014, 08:57 AM
Scares me to death. I woke up with that old gut hurt in the middle of the night, just thinking about them going.

DawgSaint
06-10-2014, 09:02 AM
Scares me to death. I woke up with that old gut hurt in the middle of the night, just thinking about them going.

Yea, no question it's hard to believe it finally happened. Hopefully, they go 0-2 and this minor disaster goes away.

RossDawg82
06-10-2014, 09:03 AM
I don't think they win it all. I think UVA wins game 1. OM is a power hitting team and I promise none of those guys will get one out in Omaha. They will have some long fly balls but that is it. Those two HR's last night are fly outs in Omaha.

maroonmania
06-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Watching the last 2 games OM played ULL just etched in my mind how we TOTALLY blew the second game against ULL. Both series played out similarly in that ULL REALLY fed off the emotion of the crowd the first game against us and the first game against OM. They ripped us both new ones in those games primarily off of emotion, but after things settled down it was pretty obvious that ULL was just a very good team that played in a very weak league. Not a great team. The ONLY reason we didn't beat them the 2nd game we played and OM did was that OM didn't beat themselves like we did and OM has a significantly better offense than we do. But if you remember ULL did almost nothing offensively the second game and score FIVE runs off 2 singles. We crapped the bed with walks, hit batsman, misplays and the umps didn't help either. ULL scored less against OM the last 2 games than the 5 runs they got off us but actually had many more hits off OM pitching in those games than against us in the last game. OM just made plays in the field and didn't give away bases with walks and HBP so they move on and we sit home.

shoeless joe
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
OM is hot rite now and playing good ball. What a lot of you are missing is that their style doesn't usually do well in Omaha. We'll see how they do but they are starting with what is probably the most talented team there in virginia. If they can beat them twice to get to the final series then they more than deserve to go.

maroonmania
06-10-2014, 12:34 PM
OM is hot rite now and playing good ball. What a lot of you are missing is that their style doesn't usually do well in Omaha. We'll see how they do but they are starting with what is probably the most talented team there in virginia. If they can beat them twice to get to the final series then they more than deserve to go.

Yep, if they beat VA in the first game then I think there is a very high likelihood they make the championship series.

Barking 13
06-10-2014, 03:02 PM
Yep, if they beat VA in the first game then I think there is a very high likelihood they make the championship series.

I just threw up a little....