PDA

View Full Version : Next Commitment

bulldogsmsu
06-09-2014, 05:32 PM
So what is everyone's guess on who will be the next commitment?

deltadawg99
06-09-2014, 05:43 PM
Hopefully either an OL, flether adams or jamal peters.

msstate7
06-09-2014, 05:45 PM
I'll guess Caban or pass

hailmari
06-09-2014, 05:54 PM
I say Danley or Pass. I don't know when Pass's visit is, but I feel like he'll commit on the spot once he's here with the family.

HancockCountyDog
06-09-2014, 06:09 PM
By the way, the longer it goes on Adams - (Unless our staff is coordinating the whole thing) the worse it is for us. We are the home town team in this deal. Players that are from the local school and don't commit early almost never work out for the home town school - I remember the Woodall and a couple other Oxford kids that told the bears to eat it. Same with Auburn the past year with that stud that was from AU high school going with bama.

Its just not a good thing.

msstate7
06-09-2014, 06:11 PM
By the way, the longer it goes on Adams - (Unless our staff is coordinating the whole thing) the worse it is for us. We are the home town team in this deal. Players that are from the local school and don't commit early almost never work out for the home town school - I remember the Woodall and a couple other Oxford kids that told the bears to eat it. Same with Auburn the past year with that stud that was from AU high school going with bama.

As long as Nelson is happy at state I like our chances

Homedawg
06-09-2014, 07:55 PM

Take a calm down pill. He's enjoying the process. If you are looking for him to end it soon, your feelings might be hurt. We are ok. Relax.....to add. How are these the same? a kid from oxford who didn't go to ole miss, a kid from auburn who didn't go to auburn, and a kid from Brandon, who is might or might not go to state? I recognize we should be the favorites bc of his brother, but the hometown analogy wasn't a good one.

smootness
06-09-2014, 08:35 PM

Like Tony Conner?

Johnson85
06-10-2014, 07:58 AM

No inside knowledge or anything, but I would think it's very likely that a SEC football player with a younger brother that is a highly touted recruit would tell him both to come play at the same school and to enjoy the hell out of the recruiting process. It's not like it's December. He can take all of his official visits, enjoy football season, and still commit early enough to help us recruit if that's what he wants to do.

smootness
06-10-2014, 08:15 AM

How many times in the past have we had a recruit actually commit to State and have OM fans still say, 'That's cute, he's all Ole Miss,' and have him end up flipping in the end like they said all along? It's happened quite a few times.

We should be looking at this the same way. Oh, he named Ole Miss his leader? That's funny. It's hard for me to see him anywhere but State.

sandwolf
06-10-2014, 08:43 AM
Steve is hinting that we could get some more commitments this week......and the way he is acting all giddy about it, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Jamal Peters. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Gibson or Jamal Danley commit.

He is also saying that Leo Lewis' recruitment is not over yet......said he is in Starkville for our 3 day camp and that he recently visited OM.

Raytoraid83
06-10-2014, 10:37 AM
Leo Lewis said in a rivals interview yesterday that he still has bama number one but wants to make sure he made the right decision and we are his clear number 2. He "loves miss st." Also likes the fact that he can come in and replace BMAC right away and how we have a top 10 class right now definitely helps. Anyone saying we don't has a chance with Leo is mistaken.

farmdawg1
06-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Steve is hinting that we could get some more commitments this week......and the way he is acting all giddy about it, I wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Jamal Peters. I also wouldn't be surprised to see Nick Gibson or Jamal Danley commit.

He is also saying that Leo Lewis' recruitment is not over yet......said he is in Starkville for our 3 day camp and that he recently visited OM.

Alec Murphy

Big4Dawg
06-10-2014, 03:03 PM
Nick Gibson - http://247sports.com/Player/Nick-Gibson-19867
Johnathan Calvin - http://247sports.com/Player/Johnathan-Calvin-42075
Keith Joseph - http://247sports.com/Player/Keith-Joseph-36095

Paul said these three are close

sandwolf
06-10-2014, 04:17 PM
Alec Murphy

Nick Gibson - http://247sports.com/Player/Nick-Gibson-19867
Johnathan Calvin - http://247sports.com/Player/Johnathan-Calvin-42075
Keith Joseph - http://247sports.com/Player/Keith-Joseph-36095

Paul said these three are close

None of those guys would surprise me either.

I would feel a lot better if Danley would go ahead and get in the boat. As it stands right now, only 2 of our 16 commits are OL....and we need to sign at least 5. That is the only thing that is tempering my excitement about this class.

smootness
06-10-2014, 04:31 PM
Calvin would be big for us. We have room for 3 December JUCOs, and I'm not sure if Gray counts in that number or not. Either way, Danley and Calvin both would be big for us.

I'm not going to get my hopes up on Leo Lewis, but I do believe it isn't over yet. We know he really liked State early on, and the fact that he at least appears to be having some second thoughts is good for us. We need to stay on him hard and make sure guys like Dear, Peters, and the rest keep pressuring him, too. If we can land most of the top guys in MS and have them remain in Lewis' ear, it's going to be tough for him to say no to that.

smootness
06-10-2014, 04:34 PM
None of those guys would surprise me either.

I would feel a lot better if Danley would go ahead and get in the boat. As it stands right now, only 2 of our 16 commits are OL....and we need to sign at least 5. That is the only thing that is tempering my excitement about this class.

We'll definitely end up with the numbers on the OL; the sheer number of offers out there tells you our staff knows that's a priority. The quality of those numbers, we don't know, but I wouldn't be worried that we only have 2 right now.

Wommack is still in play, though I don't think that's likely. We still have guys like Gibson we could probably get right now if we wanted. Danley should just be a matter of time, and Danley, Champion, and Moon is not at all a bad place to start.

hailmari
06-10-2014, 04:35 PM
There's apparently a 5* on campus this week. No idea who. I'm not expecting a commitment, but it is good to hear.

Raytoraid83
06-10-2014, 05:15 PM
There's apparently a 5* on campus this week. No idea who. I'm not expecting a commitment, but it is good to hear.

Anyone have a rivals account that wants to let us know who it is?

maroonmania
06-10-2014, 05:18 PM
Leo Lewis said in a rivals interview yesterday that he still has bama number one but wants to make sure he made the right decision and we are his clear number 2. He "loves miss st." Also likes the fact that he can come in and replace BMAC right away and how we have a top 10 class right now definitely helps. Anyone saying we don't has a chance with Leo is mistaken.

Color me mistaken. Have we EVER had a player flip to us from Alabama? Especially one with Jimmy Johns in his ear. We've certainly had plenty flip FROM us to Bama, including Holcomb and Moton this year.

dickiedawg
06-10-2014, 05:25 PM
Rivals still exists?

Dawgsrule
06-10-2014, 05:39 PM
I've been following the forum for awhile now a decided it was about time to create an account. The 5* visitor is Darron Payne from Shades Valley, Al. He will be on campus Thursday.