PDA

View Full Version : ESPN has Dak at #2

BeardoMSU
06-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Not too shabby.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec

Jack Lambert
06-09-2014, 12:38 PM
This right here is BS. If's and more If's. Until someone has played a SEC down he should not even be consider in the top 10.

5. Jacob Coker, RJr., Alabama: Every year, it seems, a quarterback comes out of the shadows in the SEC to have a huge year. Cam Newton did it in 2010, Johnny Manziel in 2012 and Marshall last season. Coker could be that guy in 2014 after transferring in from Florida State. His former coach, Jimbo Fisher, says Coker will be the most talented quarterback Nick Saban has had at Alabama.

smootness
06-09-2014, 12:46 PM
This right here is BS. If's and more If's. Until someone has played a SEC down he should not even be consider in the top 10.

5. Jacob Coker, RJr., Alabama: Every year, it seems, a quarterback comes out of the shadows in the SEC to have a huge year. Cam Newton did it in 2010, Johnny Manziel in 2012 and Marshall last season. Coker could be that guy in 2014 after transferring in from Florida State. His former coach, Jimbo Fisher, says Coker will be the most talented quarterback Nick Saban has had at Alabama.

I agree somewhat, but these are obviously predictions. Otherwise Wallace would be 2, Thompson would be 4, Driskel 5, and Allen 6. And no one else would be ranked.

sleepy dawg
06-09-2014, 05:08 PM

He says "Now, we'll look at who we think will be the top 10 quarterbacks in the league this season." They are clearly stating their opinion... If you can't put someone who hasn't played yet in your predictions, what can you really predict?

Cabo32
06-09-2014, 11:20 PM
Honestly, I would not be surprised one bit if Coker ended up being the best QB in the SEC this year

Sam&DeansDawg
06-10-2014, 08:32 AM
Dak should pass Marshall early in the season in QB rankings. I expect Coker to come up as the number two QB. I've been watching Coker for a while now and knew some team was going to get him from FSU. I expect Marshall and Wallace to fight for the next spot.

smootness
06-10-2014, 08:41 AM
Honestly, I would not be surprised one bit if Coker ended up being the best QB in the SEC this year

Eh, I would. I still don't know what he's done to get anyone excited. He evidently has a strong arm and 'reports' from FSU are that he was battling Winston for the starting job last year.

For one, I don't believe he was truly battling Winston in the sense that he almost won the job. I'm guessing he was 'battling' him because he had more experience in the system, and Winston was still just a redshirt freshman. Jameill Showers 'battled' Manziel for the starting job at A&M in 2012. He just had a mediocre year for UTEP.

He could be amazing, but I wouldn't bet on it. My guess is that they don't ask him to do much and he looks respectable because of that. But Saban has to be nervous knowing that at some point a game is probably going to ride on Coker making decisions, and we just have no idea how well he's going to do that.

This wasn't a 'can't miss' guy. He was a decent recruit, and we were one of his better offers.

Cabo32
06-10-2014, 08:53 AM
True on all accounts. I'm just thinking that if the guy can be semi productive he will put up good numbers. Bama is going to have some talent on the offensive side of the ball