PDA

View Full Version : Lets hope this doesn't hurt us...

TexasDawg
06-09-2014, 12:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/09/two-arrested-in-drug-bust-at-former-steelers-home/

starkvegasdawg
06-09-2014, 12:29 PM
We are Mississippi State. Finally get a lot of positive hype and all signs pointing towards a historical season and then the dead Indians start laughing. Man I hope nothing comes of this. Fingers crossed he was just renting the house to these people.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2014, 12:31 PM
WTF!!!!

1,500 bricks of heroin? Jesus Christ.

thedawg
06-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Surely he was renting the house out... why would someone of his stature with his money need to be involved in 150 bricks of heroine

BeardoMSU
06-09-2014, 12:32 PM
Yeah, hopefully he was renting to those dudes. I imagine Deshea has been living in Starkville and not Pittsburgh, right?

smootness
06-09-2014, 12:34 PM
I can't imagine Townsend is in any way involved in this.

1) Because by all accounts he's a fantastic guy
2) Because there's no way he's been spending much of any time in Pittsburgh recently given the schedule of a college coach.

I'm sure he was renting the house out.

Johnson85
06-09-2014, 12:44 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/09/two-arrested-in-drug-bust-at-former-steelers-home/

I seriously doubt Townsend gets to spend much time in Pittsburgh between coaching and recruiting, so it seems plausible to me that he could be letting a friend use his house (or even better, simply leasing it out) and have no clue what was going on. Don't really know anything about Townsend, but I'm assuming somebody that managed to stay out of trouble his whole career as far as I can remember and wants to be in coaching would not knowingly associate themselves with somebody running heroin.

WeWillScrewItUp
06-09-2014, 01:24 PM
N/M see there is another thread

NBdawg17
06-09-2014, 01:25 PM
No way Deshea is associated with that. Surely this will be resolved soon.

drunkernhelldawg
06-09-2014, 01:31 PM
wow

MarketingBully01
06-09-2014, 01:45 PM
Only way it hurts us is if Townsend has anything to do with it and I highly doubt he does so I highly doubt this will have any effect on us.

DapperDawg
06-09-2014, 02:12 PM
I wonder if this will make the ESPN scrolling ticker...**

DudyDawg
06-09-2014, 02:20 PM
http://www.clarionledger.com/story/mississippistatesports/2014/06/09/msu-deshea-townsend-seizure/10238125/

Appears he was renting it

TexasDawg
06-09-2014, 02:22 PM
Glad we are clearing his name early

smootness
06-09-2014, 02:26 PM
This is just further proof that well-known people have to constantly be careful who they associate with and what their name is attached to.

To me, if you're going to own property and lease it, you should stay as diligent as possible in making sure they are following by the guidelines of the agreement.

I know it's not easy to do for someone in Towsend's situation, but I think it's smart to at least have someone you trust check in on the propery fairly regularly.

BulldogBear
06-09-2014, 03:00 PM
I wonder if this will make the ESPN scrolling ticker...**

Smells like Bear Poo to me

woozman
06-09-2014, 03:16 PM

You never know, but my friend started renting his house in Spanish Fort, AL when he moved to Houston last year. He uses a rental management agency so he doesn't get the "the fridge isn't working" calls and doesn't have to deal with the background checks, paperwork, collecting money, etc. I was talking to him earlier when I first read this and mentioned it to him. His comment was that for all he knew he could have crack dealers in his rental. He said he has no idea who is renting his house right now and that all he knows for sure is that he gets money from the agency direct deposited in to his account every month.

TrapGame
06-09-2014, 03:24 PM
There was a story two weeks ago about a couple in NY renting out their posh studio apartment to a well reviewed former renter only to come home a day early to find an orgy going on with a dozen people while other people filmed it. Drugs were found there too.

smootness
06-09-2014, 03:27 PM
You never know, but my friend started renting his house in Spanish Fort, AL when he moved to Houston last year. He uses a rental management agency so he doesn't get the "the fridge isn't working" calls and doesn't have to deal with the background checks, paperwork, collecting money, etc. I was talking to him earlier when I first read this and mentioned it to him. His comment was that for all he knew he could have crack dealers in his rental. He said he has no idea who is renting his house right now and that all he knows for sure is that he gets money from the agency direct deposited in to his account every month.

Interesting. I have heard this is the arrangement Townsend had set up. Obviously there are perks to it, but it's also risky for someone with a public name precisely because of the potential for something like this.

dawgs
06-09-2014, 03:36 PM
Interesting. I have heard this is the arrangement Townsend had set up. Obviously there are perks to it, but it's also risky for someone with a public name precisely because of the potential for something like this.

What's his other option though? He very well could have bought the property just before the housing crash and seeing it just now regain the pre-crash value. Even though he's made far more money than probably all of us combined, he probably isn't stoked about taking losses on investments. He obviously can't be a hands on landlord since he lives 1000+ miles away. At some point you expect the agency handling the renting to do their job. They probably didn't, and I'm sure he'll be switching management as soon as he's cleared to rent the property out again.

woozman
06-09-2014, 03:38 PM

The only issue here (if he used an agency) is his public name. But then again, what sounds the least damning: (1) a rental agency that was paid to do their due diligence failed to do so; or (2) the homeowner rented the house directly and he didn't do his?

HancockCountyDog
06-09-2014, 04:38 PM
Can we delete this thread - it serves just zero purpose and makes a great coach look bad when he has done nothing wrong.