PDA

View Full Version : Engie's must-read post for all Bulldogs

engie
05-14-2013, 08:57 PM
Last season turned off A LOT of young people to Mullen because it was such a miserable crash and burn, followed by Freeze "working Mullen" in recruiting.

Nothing personal at all, and I know you are a great poster on multiple boards, but this part of what you said makes for a good example IMO.

In what way did Freeze allegedly "work Mullen" in recruiting? Last I checked, we won more than half of the head to head battles with them -- in a year when the talent in the state was heavily in OM strongholds, which is very different from this year when much of it falls in MSU strongholds. We took 5 of the top 9 in MS, they got 3 -- 2 legacies and a South Panola kid. Then, we basically split in JUCO recruiting. This statement, to me is another example of MSU fans buying into OM propaganda hook, line, and sinker IMO...

Why can't we just say that they had a great class following a crappy class -- and we had a very good class, which followed another very, very good class -- and leave it at that? Because a bunch of our fanbase seems to be genetically predisposed to cower to them at the first sign of trouble...and those same people will then be upset at the "undeserved" OM Superiority Complex that they've constantly fed with their actions. See the cycle here?

Someone has to break that cycle -- and it's about damn time we did.

gravedigger
05-15-2013, 10:00 AM
And may I just add: when faced with the opposite situation over 2009, 2010, 2011 where they felt INFERIOR to us they cried victim like a baby. Mullen has been to harsh and arrogant. Our fanbase was acting superior to them. Our players were rubbing their noses it.

What we really rubbing their noses in? The absolute shit pile that THEY laid on the ground and they couldnt accept the same treatment they dished out for decades.

Now they have a moment to return to their former self. The question is how much of our fanbase believes their bullshit?

This one doesnt.

dickiedawg
05-15-2013, 03:15 PM
All of that is true. I hate the "woe is us" attitude ingrained in a lot of MSU fans.

However, they landed an excellent recruiting class by ANY standard. Our class was good. Theirs was great. Then again, it doesn't mean diddly squat until they A) string several great classes together or B) actually accomplish something on the field.

Coach34
05-15-2013, 03:53 PM
However, they landed an excellent recruiting class by ANY standard. Our class was good. Theirs was great. Then again, it doesn't mean diddly squat until they A) string several great classes together or B) actually accomplish something on the field.

And Engie covered that with- "Why can't we just say that they had a great class following a crappy class -- and we had a very good class, which followed another very, very good class -- and leave it at that?"

CadaverDawg
05-15-2013, 04:02 PM
And Engie covered that with- "Why can't we just say that they had a great class following a crappy class -- and we had a very good class, which followed another very, very good class -- and leave it at that?"

Exactly. Even when agreeing with Engie's post, dickiedawg had the MSU mentality rear it's ugly head. Ha

Pollodawg
05-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Like I posted earlier, it disgusts me how many State fans are afraid of a 7-6 season and one Egg Bowl win, the first in four years. They honestly think we were lucky to win our streak and that we will , never, ever be competitive against them again. As far as recruiting goes, you recruit for your system, and Mullen has done that very well here.

SignalToNoise
05-16-2013, 10:47 AM
Last I checked, we won more than half of the head to head battles with them -- in a year when the talent in the state was heavily in OM strongholds, which is very different from this year when much of it falls in MSU strongholds.

Weak defense, if you ask me. We beat them head-to-head for some in state players yet they still landed the higher-rated class (honestly or otherwise). I agree with the overall sentiment of your post that we shouldn't feel inferior after a 7-6 season but you offer up a pretty weak line of reasoning.

A lot of posters are trying really hard to right now to convince the rest of us that all is well.

"We won 8 games! That's only happened a few times! See how great things are?! At least we don't have to worry about losing to Podunk University anymore! Yeah Ole Miss? Who cares, just a flash in the pan. Just wait and see in X years when Mulllen has the QB he wants running the system he wants! Also observe that we are getting more instate recruits than they are; overall rankings don't matter."

What will it take to convince people that the bears have picked up some momentum?

FlabLoser
05-16-2013, 10:57 AM
The bears are a blip on the radar. The didn't suck last season. That's all I can say for them.

Their recruiting class raised eyebrows. And if they continue to have top 5 - top 10 classes every year, year in and year out, then we a screwed. But that's a long way from happening.

Coach34
05-16-2013, 11:07 AM
Weak defense, if you ask me. We beat them head-to-head for some in state players yet they still landed the higher-rated class (honestly or otherwise). - what is weak about it? In guys we went H2H against- we won more battles- that is a fact. They did a good job recruiting other areas- nobody is saying they didnt.

A lot of posters are trying really hard to right now to convince the rest of us that all is well- what's not well? We have averaged 8 wins the last 3 seasons and gone 4-4 in the SEC twice in that time.
1. Well, we have our entire OL back
2. We have a talented 2-deep on the DL plus Chris Jones coming in- they have to perform this year
3. We are very good at LB, TE, and RB
4. We have a solid QB
5. We have a talented but inexperienced Secondary and WR corp

I'm excited and curious as well to see how it all turns out. Any fan with any sense would be as well.

"We won 8 games! That's only happened a few times! See how great things are?! At least we don't have to worry about losing to Podunk University anymore! Yeah Ole Miss? Who cares, just a flash in the pan. Just wait and see in X years when Mulllen has the QB he wants running the system he wants! Also observe that we are getting more instate recruits than they are; overall rankings don't matter."- They ranked higher in recruiting than us in 7 of the last 8 years- what's the record H2H during that time?

What will it take to convince people that the bears have picked up some momentum?- who says they haven't? All we are saying is that people who have this impending doom mentality need to look at the actual facts. People want to talk about our schedule- but I wouldnt want theirs to start the season for anything. We'll see what Freezus is made of in that 7 game stretch to start the season.

nn

Ghost of Hank Flick
05-16-2013, 11:17 AM
A lot of posters are trying really hard to right now to convince the rest of us that all is well.

"We won 8 games! That's only happened a few times! See how great things are?! At least we don't have to worry about losing to Podunk University anymore! Yeah Ole Miss? Who cares, just a flash in the pan. Just wait and see in X years when Mulllen has the QB he wants running the system he wants! Also observe that we are getting more instate recruits than they are; overall rankings don't matter."

What will it take to convince people that the bears have picked up some momentum?

Where is the evidence that Ole Miss can maintain this so-called momentum? They brought in a new coach who used a bunch of preacher-like speeches and a new offense and he was able to win a few games and be competitive in most games. Then he brought in a bunch of freshman talent with some empty recruiting promises. Ok.

What does Hugh Freeze's track record look like? What is his history as a 2nd year head coach? Oh, I guess he doesn't have one...and in the SEC no less. SEC DCs are going to be making adjustments to his offense, how will he make adjustments?

I seem to remember another preacher-like coach who came into Ole Miss and had a great first season. He made some empty recruiting promises and brought in some good classes. Well, his speeches got old and the promises fell through...OM tanked.

Freeze has proven nothing other than he doesn't suck. He had a good turn-around year in his first season. Year 2 will tell the tale if he is actually a good coach. He may be. We will also see over the next 2-3 years if he is able to A) keep these recruits on the team and B) develop them. OM has had a lot of trouble doing that in recent history.

And while Ole Miss has a handful of talented players and a young coach, MSU has had a couple years now of very solid classes and Mullen has a proven track record of developing players. He has also been a head coach for 4 years and will continue to improve as one - he has 3 years more experience as a SEC head man than Freeze does. I would say MSU is still well ahead. We may be moving at 45 mph and they are moving at 60 mph, but we are at mile marker 8 while they are at mile marker 2.

FISHDAWG
05-16-2013, 11:46 AM
while I don't think the Rebs are running away from us, I will admit that I think Freeze is a decent coach and will lift their program up and will continue to play and recruit hard against us ..... OM played LSU, aTm, & Bama a lot harder than we did ... recognize the situation for what it is ... I would rather win against a competitive bear team than one that lost 7 or 8 games .... that's just me

better to recognize it for what it is and plan accordingly ... I think we are seeing this with the recruiting efforts ( you know mothers day cards and such)

The Croom Diaries
05-16-2013, 12:32 PM
while I don't think the Rebs are running away from us, I will admit that I think Freeze is a decent coach and will lift their program up and will continue to play and recruit hard against us ..... OM played LSU, aTm, & Bama a lot harder than we did ... recognize the situation for what it is ... I would rather win against a competitive bear team than one that lost 7 or 8 games .... that's just me

better to recognize it for what it is and plan accordingly ... I think we are seeing this with the recruiting efforts ( you know mothers day cards and such)

There is something I wish the MSU fan base would learn and put into practice: separate your actual thoughts from the things you speak in public.

It's all about perception.

Here is the Ole Miss spin doctors in recent years:
After 2010 - "Mullet is going to leave Starkville for a better job"
After 2011 - "Haha, Mullet is trying to get out of Starkville but no one will hire him. He missed his chance!"
After 2012 - "Mullet has spun MSU's program out of control, we are taking over. Thank you Freezus!"

Do they really believe this garbage in their own minds in the privacy of their own home? Probably not. But they are spinning information that makes MSU look bad (and unfortunately a lot of people in our fan base just see that and think it's true). This is a smart strategy.

I like that MSU people are level-headed and and can see things from an objective point of view, but the goal here needs to be promoting MSU and tearing down Ole Miss. We can both have moderate success at the same time, but if we want to make a run at a championship we need to skull drag them across the football field and the internets and everything else.

Do you think Auburn people really all believed they were on the up and up with Cam Newton? They may have hoped they didn't cheat, but they aren't idiots. Still, they defended and defended and defended their beloved Auburn. We need to have the same attitude about State. I don't want to win anymore awards for being the least obnoxious fan base in the SEC. And whatever you do, do not prop up ole miss for any reason. Everything said needs to be centered around them heading in the wrong direction, not vice versa. And when they say something bad about us, it needs to be fought at every turn.

I'm relentless and a little nuts, but we as a fan base could do a lot more to help our program out, and hurt ole miss which can be almost as important.

engie
05-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Weak defense, if you ask me.
What, exactly, do you think I'm "defending"?

We beat them head-to-head for some in state players yet they still landed the higher-rated class (honestly or otherwise).
Where did my post say anything different? How hard is it to comprehend what I mean by "they had a great class following a crappy one -- we had a very good class following a very, very good class" and understand that I'm inferring that their class was better overall than ours was -- but it DID NOT BECOME THAT WAY AT OUR EXPENSE.

I agree with the overall sentiment of your post that we shouldn't feel inferior after a 7-6 season but you offer up a pretty weak line of reasoning.
And this is supposed to refute a "pretty weak line of reasoning" how? True weakness is calling something else weak without being able display strength in an own viewpoint.

Are you trying to convince us that the sky is falling? That's certainly how it seems. All IS well for those of us who choose to look at the big picture based on FIFTY ONE games played -- instead of forming a "weak" opinion based on 5 of those games -- which necessitated the changes that we made in the offseason.

Link me to where I did or said any of this? Oh, that's right -- I didn't. Nice straw man argument in attempt to diminish the perceived intelligence of those with a viewpoint different from your own.

Who the hell said they haven't? Another weak straw man attempt.

What does it take to convince people(you) that THEIR momentum IS NOT INVERSELY PROPORTIONAL TO OUR OWN MOMENTUM?

Ultimately, your post makes it pretty clear that you are convinced that MSU's sky is falling because OM is improving. Whose argument was weak again?

Seriously -- if you dig as hard as you did -- and jump through all the hoops that you did -- to find fault in what I ACTUALLY said in that post, you need to take a long, hard look in the mirror as an MSU fan. Being unhappy with how we finished last year IS productive -- attempting to carry it over as a reflection of the big picture is COUNTERproductive -- and hurts MSU overall.

CadaverDawg
05-16-2013, 12:51 PM
There is something I wish the MSU fan base would learn and put into practice: separate your actual thoughts from the things you speak in public.

It's all about perception.

Here is the Ole Miss spin doctors in recent years:
After 2010 - "Mullet is going to leave Starkville for a better job"
After 2011 - "Haha, Mullet is trying to get out of Starkville but no one will hire him. He missed his chance!"
After 2012 - "Mullet has spun MSU's program out of control, we are taking over. Thank you Freezus!"

Do they really believe this garbage in their own minds in the privacy of their own home? Probably not. But they are spinning information that makes MSU look bad (and unfortunately a lot of people in our fan base just see that and think it's true). This is a smart strategy.

I like that MSU people are level-headed and and can see things from an objective point of view, but the goal here needs to be promoting MSU and tearing down Ole Miss. We can both have moderate success at the same time, but if we want to make a run at a championship we need to skull drag them across the football field and the internets and everything else.

Do you think Auburn people really all believed they were on the up and up with Cam Newton? They may have hoped they didn't cheat, but they aren't idiots. Still, they defended and defended and defended their beloved Auburn. We need to have the same attitude about State. I don't want to win anymore awards for being the least obnoxious fan base in the SEC. And whatever you do, do not prop up ole miss for any reason. Everything said needs to be centered around them heading in the wrong direction, not vice versa. And when they say something bad about us, it needs to be fought at every turn.

I'm relentless and a little nuts, but we as a fan base could do a lot more to help our program out, and hurt ole miss which can be almost as important.

This is well said.

When we say negative shit towards Ole Miss, they ignore it, laugh at it, or spin it. When they say negative shit about us, we have half of our fan base say "well they are probably right", and just accept it. It's time to grow a pair and learn how to play the game. I'm with you CroomDiaries, but unfortunately we're even seeing people in this very thread that can't help but to pimp OM even when trying to say they agree with our sentiment.

MSU fans....YOU DON'T OWE OLE MISS A DAMN THING, so quit defending MSU but feeling the need to throw in a "but there's no doubt OM is on the rise" at the end of it. They don't promote us, so stop promoting them. We get it, you see that they had a decent bounce back season....guess what, we saw it too....but the difference is, you can't help but to say it out loud and promote them, while we're trying to laugh at it, ignore it, or spin it.

Why does our fan base feel this need to be "not afraid to admit that Ole Miss has a great coach, blah, blah, blah" bull shit? Nobody cares if you're willing to admit that shit, we care IF you admit that shit. They are arrogant, cocky, douchebags, and trust me, they will promote themselves plenty without MSU fans feeling the need to do it for them. Basically, it's the opposite of the golden rule....if you have something nice to say about Ole Miss, it's better to say nothing at all. Maybe that should be the new MSU golden rule.

FISHDAWG
05-16-2013, 12:53 PM
sorry but I'm a realist by nature and will probably remain that way ... why try to spin something so obvious and look like a complete idiot ?

CadaverDawg
05-16-2013, 12:56 PM
sorry but I'm a realist by nature and will probably remain that way ... why try to spin something so obvious and look like a complete idiot ?

That's the whole point, Fish...why do you feel the need to say Anything about them positive? You don't have to spin anything, why not just not say anything at all if you're going to say something that promotes them?

Nothing wrong with being a realist. I know that realistically Alabama is damn near unbeatable for the foreseeable future....but I'm not going to post on message boards and twitter about how I have to admit they are damn near unbeatable, etc.. So why do our fans feel like they need to do this?

engie
05-16-2013, 12:58 PM
That's the whole point, Fish...why do you feel the need to say Anything about them positive? You don't have to spin anything, why not just not say anything at all if you're going to say something that promotes them?

Exactly.

Our fanbase has a HUGE problem understanding that their(overall) actions matter beyond simply being their own short-term emotions. Small picture thinking is killing us overall.

You don't have to spin -- In my post that is now pinned here, I didn't. At all. There is a manner in which you can admit their successes without marginalizing MSU's own successes. That's what much of our fanbase apparently has a problem with.

FlabLoser
05-16-2013, 01:13 PM

Agree completely.

I'll dust this off and post this again. Seems I need to do this about once a quarter. I give you, FlabLoser's rant on perspective. It addresses being "all-in".

When news broke of Da'Rick Rogers getting booted from Tennessee, I perused some Tennessee boards to get some scoop and look at their reaction.

Most were saying he was a great, but wasted talent and that Tennessee might be better without him. The mood was somber but still supportive of the school. There was no speculating about what NCAA scandal was behind it. There were no conspiracy theories about booster shenanigans. No speculating about who else might be involved and what kind of trouble the school might get in.

When Camgate happened at Auburn, Auburn fans were defiant. They still are. They're "all in". That doesn't mean that to a man they each chip into a slush fund and actively participate in cheating. Plain & simple they are just supportive of their own school.

At Auburn & Tennessee, you don't see people who run recruiting boards (I'm looking at YOU, Wardlaw) running to the media and blabbering about how much trouble their school is in and predicting how much probation is being thrown out. You don't see these people implicating their own boosters.

At Auburn & Tennessee you don't see their OWN FANS throwing their OWN SCHOOL under the bus. You don't see rampant speculation and accusations that could attract attention to the wrong places and get them in even more trouble. You don't see them fueling fires that burn them.

You wonder why Auburn can pay Cam one eighty large but Kevin Fant's mom can't by her son a set of damn tires? You wonder why the rest of the world cheats with reckless abandon while MSU is held to a different set of rules? I'll tell you why.

I've seen the enemy and the enemy is US.

Support your school. Don't be stupid. Don't sling mud in your own house! Its not complicated. Don't make it harder than it is.

Flab, out.

Coach34
05-16-2013, 01:20 PM

Who's trying to spin? That's what I'm confused about. Engie's OP was 100% fact- there was no spin. Nobody has said they didnt have momentum or a great recruiting class- but what people are saying is that did not come at our expense or deter what we are currently doing.

CadaverDawg
05-16-2013, 01:22 PM
Exactly.

Our fanbase has a HUGE problem understanding that their(overall) actions matter beyond simply being their own short-term emotions. Small picture thinking is killing us overall.

You don't have to spin -- In my post that is now pinned here, I didn't. At all. There is a manner in which you can admit their successes without marginalizing MSU's own successes. That's what much of our fanbase apparently has a problem with.

100% agree. Ole Miss uses their entire fan base as a recruiting tool. MSU can't do that because too many of our fans would hurt our recruiting far more than they would help it. That is a huge advantage for Ole Miss, and has a direct effect on their recruiting class from last year.

Just like the Chris Jones stuff. Our fans could hear 100 sources saying he was coming to State, but if 1 Ole Miss fan said he heard Jones was going to Ole Miss...our fans will freak out and start tweeting him, texting him, or basically just showing how insecure our fan base is. Meanwhile, Ole Miss was standing in the corner all cool, calm and collected, saying "we knew you would come to your senses, Chris" (metaphorically speaking of course). And even though we still got Jones, their fan base made that the close battle at the end that it came down to. And our fan base almost cost us a 5 star DE.

The Croom Diaries
05-16-2013, 01:23 PM

They have as many idiots in their fanbase as we do. If you tell them something for long enough they will believe it. Is it exactly what you believe? Who cares?

Ole Miss tells us all Mullen is leaving. 1/2 our fanbase is on pins and needles. Ole Miss tells us we are spiraling downwards, 1/2 our fanbase is on pins and needles.

Instead of saying, 'yeah Freeze looks like a good coach, y'all will be a force'....take the opposite approach...pretend like you're being a devil's advocate if it helps. If we spit out enough stuff about how OM really isn't trending upward but we are actually the ones doing so because of ____, ____ and ____ whatever you want to say, there is enough of their fanbase to start sweating it out. But more importantly, we can get the goons in our fanbase to have a little confidence and let's bring ourselves up to SEC standards by believing we can get the job done instead of living in constant fear that we are going to fall off a cliff.

CadaverDawg
05-16-2013, 01:25 PM
That post is great, Flab. And it should never sit around this fan base long enough to collect dust!

FISHDAWG
05-16-2013, 01:35 PM
screw pretending and spit out all the stuff you want too ... all I was saying is that observations are difficult to defend and when defended it makes the defender look like a fool .... I'm here to talk MSU and other sports ... not to treat this site like a MSU propaganda machine - if that's your purpose then yall do it but don't come down on me just because I acknowledged the truth ........ oh shit, a recruit might have just seen that - my bad

CadaverDawg
05-16-2013, 01:46 PM
screw pretending and spit out all the stuff you want too ... all I was saying is that observations are difficult to defend and when defended it makes the defender look like a fool .... I'm here to talk MSU and other sports ... not to treat this site like a MSU propaganda machine - if that's your purpose then yall do it but don't come down on me just because I acknowledged the truth ........ oh shit, a recruit might have just seen that - my bad

Nobody is saying we need to be a propaganda machine. What we're saying is that we should not provide our competition with ammunition to fire back at us. There's a big difference in propaganda and being "all in" to try and help our athletic programs.

And I don't think anyone is trying to offend you...I certainly wasn't....but I was using your post as an example of the things we do as a fan base without even realizing we do it. I'm guilty of it too, at times. If it's not pointed out, it's hard to expect our fan base to make the changes necessary.

engie
05-16-2013, 01:55 PM

Coach34
05-16-2013, 01:56 PM

Let me try from another way:

We won 8 games and went to a NYD bowl- they won 7 games and went to a shitty 3rd tier bowl
We just went to our 3rd straight bowl game- they just broke a 15 game SEC losing streak
They beat us head to head in 2012 on their field
They had a great recruiting class, we had a good one

All those statements I just typed are 100% fact...yet the main theme fans want to talk about is OM is trending upward and State is headed for loserland.

Let's go to 2013- Let's say they go 8-4 and we go 7-5 and win the Egg Bowl. Do you think their fans or fans of other SEC schools will talk about how our schedule was so tough or that we won the Egg Bowl? Hell no- all we will hear is that OM won more games than we did and Freezus is building a monster. Then we'll hear an excuse about how the only reason we won is because it was in Starkville- and we werent the better team.

This is what we are trying to say- should that scenario for 2013 play out- nobody will give us any credit for a tough schedule or anything like that- all we will hear about is how Mullen cant win more than 7-8 games per season and he has reached his ceiling. Hell, we are currently on the best 4 year run for a new coach in 70 years and other fans have convinced part of our fanbase Mullen maynot be the right guy and we should consider firing him.

We need to play the same game our competitors are- perception plays a huge role in all of this

engie
05-16-2013, 02:03 PM
screw pretending and spit out all the stuff you want too
Where did anyone pretend anything?

all I was saying is that observations are difficult to defend and when defended it makes the defender look like a fool
In that case, why didn't OM fans look "foolish" for saying Mullen was leaving blah blah blah -- and now for saying Mullen is crashing and burning? There's a difference between making up foolish bullshit and embellishing the truth a little bit to accomplish a goal. "Brutal honesty" doesn't take people far in life -- if we are being truthful. Embellished truths are a vehicle for advancement in all fields and fronts of life -- and anyone that denies using them is being pretty hypocritical IMO. Anyone tell their wives/girlfriend what they "really" think on a regular basis? Raise your hands... Yeahhhhh, I didn't think so. You tell them what you think they want to hear most of the time...

I'm here to talk MSU and other sports ... not to treat this site like a MSU propaganda machine - if that's your purpose then yall do it but don't come down on me just because I acknowledged the truth
Who didn't acknowledge the truth? What truth is it that we are not acknowledging here? How are you missing the point this badly?

oh shit, a recruit might have just seen that - my bad
You don't have to pump sunshine to avoid hurting your own team. We want to prevent the latter -- not promote the former. Your post, in this instance, does neither -- I just don't know how/why you've taken this tangent?

The Croom Diaries
05-16-2013, 02:08 PM

Out of the 115K people at MSU and Ole Miss football games on a fall Saturday and that many or more watching on TV, I don't suspect the 100 or so viewers of any particular thread will end up starting a propaganda revolution. I view this message board as a place to discuss MSU sports with other MSU fans and a rallying point for us without the interference of other fanbases.

To that ladder point, what I am talking about it our everyday discussions with ole miss people and others. If we were all bought in as a fan base and promoting MSU rather than 'trying to be a realist' then we could conquer our fanbase's inferiority complex and start making waves towards changing people's perception of Mississippi State.

Unless you just don't believe in what Stricklin is doing, or don't believe Mullen is the right man for the job, then buy in and go all out for State. Don't ride the fence. Instead of herding cats we need to be all pulling in the same direction.

It'd be one thing if Freeze had been there for 5 years now, beat us 3-4 times and was going to bowl games consistently with top recruiting classes. If that's the case then you would look dumb saying we are well ahead of them. But in our current situation there is plenty of evidence to suggest we are still well ahead, so there's no use in propping them up on a pedestal because they've had a good 9 months.

FlabLoser
05-16-2013, 02:52 PM
Out of the 115K people at MSU and Ole Miss football games on a fall Saturday and that many or more watching on TV, I don't suspect the 100 or so viewers of any particular thread will end up starting a propaganda revolution. I view this message board as a place to discuss MSU sports with other MSU fans and a rallying point for us without the interference of other fanbases.

You would be surprised how far MSU websites reach. I cook a crowd pic (~20 people) and put in on SPS one year, then had a few people identify themselves.

So pick any 20-30 people and there are probably at least a couple who read or get at least 2nd hand info from message boards.

The Croom Diaries
05-16-2013, 03:07 PM
You would be surprised how far MSU websites reach. I cook a crowd pic (~20 people) and put in on SPS one year, then had a few people identify themselves.

So pick any 20-30 people and there are probably at least a couple who read or get at least 2nd hand info from message boards.

SPS is a little different than Elite Dawgs at this point. There are generally 700-800 people on there at a time. There is generally 40-50 people on here at a time. But I see your point.

Coach34
05-16-2013, 03:14 PM
SPS is a little different than Elite Dawgs at this point. There are generally 700-800 people on there at a time. There is generally 40-50 people on here at a time. But I see your point.

we are getting about 750-800 different people per day right now- which is good to start. I expect growth this Fall

The Croom Diaries
05-16-2013, 03:23 PM
we are getting about 750-800 different people per day right now- which is good to start. I expect growth this Fall

blog to message board comparison, but FWtCT was at roughly the same point as far as unique visitors per day at this point last year: 600-800 per day. It stayed that way until the fall and went up to around 2,000 a day average and stayed there until after recruiting and has since dropped back down to about 1,500 unique visitors per day. I imagine this board would be on a similar trajectory but will probably spike more in January.

Coach34
05-16-2013, 03:27 PM
yeah, December-January should be interesting around here

FISHDAWG
05-16-2013, 06:21 PM
OK guys, consider my butt spanked and stood in the corner and in time out ... I know exactly what yall are trying to convey - I get that (I already had that) and won't argue against that, but I won't be bitch slapped for not slamming the guy or acknowledging accomplisments either ... I will have sign off now for a few days but I didn't want you chumps to think my feelings were hurt and I am somewhere pouting - even Engie couldn't pull that one off - I'm outta here for the wilderness of eastern Tenn for a week of trout fishing some beautiful mountain streams - nothing can bother me right now - not even the instagrams from the Library last February - (better ? )

Coach34
05-16-2013, 06:31 PM
enjoy and catch a bunch

Marooned
05-18-2013, 11:58 AM
Once Saban complains to the NCAA Ole Miss's run on top recruiting will be over. They pissed Jawga off last year with Tunsil and Saban won't allow anybody that isn't a Top 6 to go H2H with him on a recruit. Saban will have the NCAA in Oxpatch faster than LeeAnn Touhey can eat a chalupa.

Randy1375
05-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Once Saban complains to the NCAA Ole Miss's run on top recruiting will be over. They pissed Jawga off last year with Tunsil and Saban won't allow anybody that isn't a Top 6 to go H2H with him on a recruit. Saban will have the NCAA in Oxpatch faster than LeeAnn Touhey can eat a chalupa.

Ole Miss needs to worry about Mark Richt. Wait until he reports to the NCAA about Freeze setting Tunsil up with hookers, a corvette, and a pound of coke. :rolleyes: