PDA

View Full Version : Battle of Castle Black

Political Hack
06-09-2014, 09:02 AM
anyone expecting more than just the battle? I think this season is going to end in the middle of a bunch of stuff without any closure whatsoever with hardly any of th story lines.

Tyrian? little finger and the stark girl? The other roaming Stark girl? Castle Black? There's no way they close all of that out. I'm wondering if they'll even mention Castle Black in the final episode.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2014, 09:33 AM
I was pretty disappointed with that episode. I think they could have taken out quite a bit, and allowed some segments of the other stories. Likely now, the finale will be crammed non-stop and have several cliff hangers.

curmudgeon
06-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Major foreshadowing during the show if you caught it.

During the one on one fight with Jon Snow and the wilding leader, Snow is thrown into the fire, and just rolls off.

Holy crap next week at what is going to have to happen. Will be the best episode ever.

tcdog70
06-09-2014, 12:08 PM
You are correct- No closure--I've read all the books and still there is no closure. So if you are looking for closure , it ain't happening.

tcdog70
06-09-2014, 12:09 PM
if you have not read the books, you won't see what is coming.

BeardoMSU
06-09-2014, 12:12 PM
You are correct- No closure--I've read all the books and still there is no closure. So if you are looking for closure , it ain't happening.

Yeah, I get that. I know I'm not going to get a closure moment next week, but I just don't want a cheap cliff-hanger. I expect a cliff-hanger, I just hope its a good one.

BulldogBear
06-09-2014, 03:24 PM
if you have not read the books, you won't see what is coming.

^THIS

...we haven't begun to see the big picture yet. The events upcoming in the season finale will be the start of a hint of a smidgeon of a glance at the big picture. Next season it will begin to get a lot bigger.

Political Hack
06-09-2014, 06:43 PM
Yeah, I get that. I know I'm not going to get a closure moment next week, but I just don't want a cheap cliff-hanger. I expect a cliff-hanger, I just hope its a good one.

I expect a situational resolution that introduces an interesting cliff hanger.

Cabo32
06-09-2014, 10:37 PM
Did see where the finale is going to run about an extra 15 minutes. Should be a good one

BeardoMSU
06-09-2014, 11:29 PM
Did see where the finale is going to run about an extra 15 minutes. Should be a good one

Awesome. That's what I love about shows on FX: their finale's (or even lead-ups) can go and extra 15, 30, or sometimes an hour longer than normal; though that's including commercials, but it's still great to be able to fit in more content.

I'm really looking forward to next week, however, it will be sad for the season to be ending...it went by so damn fast, as they always do. So what, now we'll have to wait another year or 2 for #5? *******....

Cabo32
06-10-2014, 05:11 AM
The show will be back next April and the next. Hbo picked up the show for a 5th and 6th season

tcdog70
06-10-2014, 01:51 PM
I'm pissed because the next book is taking so long. I want to find out about my favorite Character. because what seems to be, sometimes isn't.

SheltonChoked
06-10-2014, 04:51 PM
Oh it will not be cheap. And it should be about 4 cliff hangers.

SheltonChoked
06-10-2014, 04:52 PM
I'm not so sure on the resolution part...

War Machine Dawg
06-10-2014, 07:00 PM
I thought the episode was freaking awesome. Anyone looking for closure obviously doesn't understand GRRM or the series. And all of you are going to lose your shit if they end the season the way some of us who've read the books think they'll end it. Lots of important happenings to come.

Cabo32
06-11-2014, 01:16 AM
"Lose your shit"....

I see what you did there

Dawgsrule
06-20-2014, 01:00 PM
Great episode

BulldogBear
06-21-2014, 07:53 AM
I thought the episode was freaking awesome. Anyone looking for closure obviously doesn't understand GRRM or the series. And all of you are going to lose your shit if they end the season the way some of us who've read the books think they'll end it. Lots of important happenings to come.

I was disappointed that after Tywin's murder they didn't have Tyrion speak one of his better "thoughts" from the book. Just because it was in his head in the book doesn't mean they couldn't have made him mutter it to himself out loud as it is kind of a musing thought typical of the character:

"...seems Tywin Lannister does not, after all, shit gold."