PDA

View Full Version : Why is Dear's commitment not scrolling across the bottom of ESPN?

CadaverDawg
06-08-2014, 08:42 PM
Everything OM does on the recruiting trail is plastered all over ESPN, but we get a big commit and nothing? Do we not have people in place like they do that pass information like that to ESPN? We need to step our shit up, I'm sick of it. Our little brother needs to be put in his place in the media like he has been on the football field.

msstate7
06-08-2014, 08:43 PM
Espn waiting to report Malik's flip to OM************

JDog13
06-08-2014, 08:47 PM
Everything OM does on the recruiting trail is plastered all over ESPN, but we get a big commit and nothing? Do we not have people in place like they do that pass information like that to ESPN? We need to step our shit up, I'm sick of it. Our little brother needs to be put in his place in the media like he has been on the football field.

Edward Asschaps. SEC blogger with Chris Low. He's had O... Miss plastered all over ESPN since he got there.

onetl
06-08-2014, 08:50 PM
Nothing will change when SEC Network comes on line!

Dawg61
06-08-2014, 09:05 PM
Just another example of how prehistoric our television/production/video or anything to do with it including alumni influence is. MSU is still stuck in 1984 in certain areas. This is one of these areas. Hell we've been rolling out the same shitty ass tv commercial for 4 years straight now.

TheRef
06-08-2014, 09:11 PM
Just another example of how prehistoric our television/production/video or anything to do with it including alumni influence is. MSU is still stuck in 1984 in certain areas. This is one of these areas. Hell we've been rolling out the same shitty ass tv commercial for 4 years straight now.

We hire a lot of people to the Mothership every year. We also send multiple to the internship at ESPN every summer. So we have our influence there.

bluelightstar
06-08-2014, 09:22 PM

The MSU commercial changes every year. I know this haha

maroonmania
06-08-2014, 09:24 PM
Espn waiting to report Malik's flip to OM************

You are probably dead on given that Johnson's and Linton's original commitments weren't newsworthy either but somehow their flipping to OM was.

Dawg61
06-08-2014, 09:27 PM
We hire a lot of people to the Mothership every year. We also send multiple to the internship at ESPN every summer. So we have our influence there.

Our influence isn't loud enough. ESPN loves Ole Miss. I'm not sure why but they do. They turned ESPNU into Ole Miss TV for a day during NSD two years ago.

TheRef
06-08-2014, 09:29 PM
Our influence isn't loud enough. ESPN loves Ole Miss. I'm not sure why but they do. They turned ESPNU into Ole Miss TV for a day during NSD two years ago.

Well that's because they had the sexiest signing class two years ago....

bluelightstar
06-08-2014, 09:37 PM
Well that's because they had the sexiest signing class two years ago....

Our class is pretty highly ranked too but it's not getting the love Ole Miss and Kentucky got. I guess it's because Dan Mullen isn't a "hot new coach" story to sell at this point.

TheRef
06-08-2014, 09:42 PM
Our class is pretty highly ranked too but it's not getting the love Ole Miss and Kentucky got. I guess it's because Dan Mullen isn't a "hot new coach" story to sell at this point.

#1 recruit in a lot of positions...THAT is why they got the attention they got. I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible on this. I was pissed off too.

maroonmania
06-08-2014, 10:00 PM
#1 recruit in a lot of positions...THAT is why they got the attention they got. I'm trying to be as unbiased as possible on this. I was pissed off too.

Yep, I can actually understand the signing day love given last year since its extremely unusual for OM to have a class ranked that high. Don't understand why the 2 MS guys that flipped that nobody outside of MS care about warrants being scrolled on the ticker all day. Almost seems like a deal orchestrated with OM and ESPN to show up MSU. No other real reason for it. Neither guy was in the ESPN Top 300.

TheRef
06-08-2014, 10:02 PM
Yep, I can actually understand the signing day love given last year since its extremely unusual for OM to have a class ranked that high. Don't understand why the 2 MS guys that flipped that nobody outside of MS care about warrants being scrolled on the ticker all day. Almost seems like a deal orchestrated with OM and ESPN to show up MSU. No other real reason for it. Neither guy was in the ESPN Top 300.

Now that is true...I don't see the point of that.

CadaverDawg
06-08-2014, 10:02 PM

Exactly.

War Machine Dawg
06-08-2014, 10:10 PM
Yeah, I've been looking for the news about Dear on the ticker, too. Our media relations department needs an enema.

Dawg61
06-08-2014, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I've been looking for the news about Dear on the ticker, too. Our media relations department needs an enema.

Lol

defiantdog
06-08-2014, 10:29 PM
ESPN isn't big on looking for announcements. They receive information. They already know about Dear -----> http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/182213/malik-dear. Even Bleacher Report reported that Paul Jones gave them the info. We just don't have the inside scoop with ESPN like Ole Miss.

Todd4State
06-08-2014, 10:33 PM

No- it was because a 6-6 team was signing the #1 recruit in the country.

bluelightstar
06-08-2014, 11:06 PM
No- it was because a 6-6 team was signing the #1 recruit in the country.

You are leaving out that I added Kentucky in there too, who did not sign a #1 recruit but did have a very good recruiting class. In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone who recruits well in the SEC gets hype except State.

Bothrops
06-08-2014, 11:11 PM
Espn just ignores us. The only time they don't is when they can't.

Martianlander
06-09-2014, 07:51 AM
ESPN is in love with Archie and the Mannings, so they promote anything tsun does as the greatest ever.

thf24
06-09-2014, 08:02 AM
ESPN is in love with Archie and the Mannings, so they promote anything tsun does as the greatest ever.

Makes sense along with OM's shameless, empty self-promotion. The thing I can't figure out though (I may be beating a dead horse here), is why ESPN, who usually never fails to capitalize on slamming any who fail to conform to political correctness, consistently passes up such an easy target in Ole Miss. There is so much ammo to be had there, both past and present, and I wouldn't think Archie or flashy recruiting pulls would be enough to outweigh all that.

Maroonthirteen
06-09-2014, 08:52 AM
There are some shenanigans going on.

If a MF has the balls to bribe a judge. A writer or writers or bloggers are well within reason. Why in the Eff would anyone in Bristol gave a damn about two JUNIORS in HS flipping between two MS schools? Shenanigans. I travel a little for work and I can tell you. Nobody in the US outside MS and Memphis gives two shits about MS. So, would someone at ESPN?