PDA

View Full Version : Gerri green/jesse Jackson

msstate7
06-08-2014, 08:26 PM
Anyone know how these two are recovering?

defiantdog
06-08-2014, 10:21 PM
Gerri Green looks good to go.... kind of amazing actually. Jesse Jackson isn't too far behind him.

msstate7
06-08-2014, 10:24 PM
So you think green gets RS this year? I would guess Jackson certainly does

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-08-2014, 10:33 PM
I dont think gerri RS. I think jackson does

Coach34
06-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Hard to say. Hell, McKinney redshirted and he is going to be a top 3 round draft pick- maybe top 2 round.

Green has another 2 full months to get back to 100%. He is very talented- but he has alot of good football players with experience ahead of him. He's not going to get enough game reps to warrant playing him- but he may not want to RS and just get ST work to get some experience and live hitting in.

smootness
06-09-2014, 09:01 AM
I think Green, with his size and athleticism, is definitely a candidate to leave early if he progresses quickly enough. So the question is whether you think he will definitely have the chance to leave early vs. how much playing time you think he'll get. If you think he's gone after 3 or 4 years, you might as well play him. If you're not sure, and he might not get much playing time, you might as well redshirt him.

We know the starters are McKinney, Wells, and B. Brown. And we know the top backups are R. Brown, Jackson, and Harris. Do we think Green could surpass any of those backups this year? I think it's possible he could progress past Jackson, but I would probably hold him out until I felt like it helped us to give him regular time in the rotation.

Jack Lambert
06-09-2014, 10:53 AM
We know the starters are McKinney, Wells, and B. Brown. And we know the top backups are R. Brown, Jackson, and Harris. Do we think Green could surpass any of those backups this year? I think it's possible he could progress past Jackson, but I would probably hold him out until I felt like it helped us to give him regular time in the rotation.

Refresh my memory, is Wells the really fast guy on the team? Also has he put on any weight and if so has it slowed him down?

TheRef
06-09-2014, 10:55 AM
Refresh my memory, is Wells the really fast guy on the team? Also has he put on any weight and if so has it slowed him down?

Wells is the really fast weak-side LB that saw a lot of time last year. He's a ball-hawk with some good hitting ability. I don't know about his weight and speed since post-season but that's Matt.

smootness
06-09-2014, 11:03 AM

Everything I've seen still lists him at 6'2" 215. He's a senior now, so I'm guessing that's the size we like him.

But yes, he's very fast. Beniquez Brown is also really fast for a LB, along with everything we've heard about Dez Harris. We definitely have a lot of speed and athleticism at LB.

engie
06-09-2014, 11:12 AM
I think you play Green as the #7 linebacker this year IF we don't get Bohanna and Arrington back. Keeping in mind that we're going to see a good bit of 3-4 this year -- and we'll see McKinney with his hand on the ground in some packages. Green is probably our #4 next year and could easily be a starter. Plus, playing him now basically levels out the LB classes. Beni and Richie, Dez and Green, Cooper and the best LB we sign this year, etc...