PDA

View Full Version : Wathing the Super Regionals

bobcat91
06-08-2014, 06:42 PM
And seeing all the nice facilities makes me anxious to know when and what our new baseball renovation/new stadium will look like. Texas Tech and TCU have new or renovated facilities that look really nice. A lot of us were thinking our plans would be known soon after our trip to Omaha last year but its been a year with no word. Has anyone heard a timeframe or is Scott still mulling it over knowing this will make or break his time as AD?

engie
06-08-2014, 06:46 PM
Scott is still fighting his nature to try to halfass it and go cheap -- when everyone attached to the architecture team and most of our fans know exactly what needs to happen...

Tech's stadium is better than ours right now. Not as high of capacity, I'm sure, but better.

bobcat91
06-08-2014, 06:51 PM
They had a $5-6 million renovation a year and a half ago. It seems everyone can figure out how to do this but Scott.

Todd4State
06-08-2014, 06:57 PM
If he screws it up, and his job is on the line at whatever point that may be, it will definitely be brought up.

He will end up costing us more money if he does it cheap that he would if he goes ahead and does it correctly.

TheRef
06-08-2014, 06:59 PM
If he screws it up, and his job is on the line at whatever point that may be, it will definitely be brought up.

He will end up costing us more money if he does it cheap that he would if he goes ahead and does it correctly.

Maybe he's taking his time BECAUSE he knows this will determine his legacy as AD. Would you rather him rush through this and get details wrong, or take his time and get it done right?

bobcat91
06-08-2014, 07:00 PM
Scott is Larry Templeton with a personality. He is trying to let the folks who got the sweetheart deal keep their seats at the expense of building the best facility in the country. We need to keep the spirit of the LFL but everything else needs to be redone top notch.

Jacksondevildog
06-08-2014, 07:01 PM
I know that the architect is sitting on go. I've talked with one of them. He says that Scott wants it to be the best in America.

bobcat91
06-08-2014, 07:01 PM
Maybe he's taking his time BECAUSE he knows this will determine his legacy as AD. Would you rather him rush through this and get details wrong, or take his time and get it done right?

It doesn't take 4 years which is how long he and Coach Cohen have been touring facilities and talking to architects. Its called incompetence.

Political Hack
06-08-2014, 07:02 PM
The preservation of the LFL will determine his fate.

bobcat91
06-08-2014, 07:02 PM
I know that the architect is sitting on go. I've talked with one of them. He says that Scott wants it to be the best in America.

Then make a decision. It seems like they have been occasionally throwing out trial balloons. Make the call.

Political Hack
06-08-2014, 07:03 PM
It doesn't take 4 years which is how long he and Coach Cohen have been touring facilities and talking to architects. Its called incompetence.

it's a little absurd for sure. Outside of delaying potentially bad news to fans, I see no reason to delay plans for this long. Makes you really wonder.

Dawg61
06-08-2014, 07:05 PM
Can we get a real basketball coach before y'all spend $60 million on a new baseball park? Not asking for a lot here.

Jacksondevildog
06-08-2014, 07:06 PM
Basically all of our money and focus has gone into the football improvements. Once that completes, more focus will be put on Dudy Noble. I wish we would have announced something more concrete last summer after our national title runner up run. The momentum was great and I thought that they would announce something at that event that we had at Dudy Noble with the team. The money is there. Im ready to see some drawings/sketches.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-08-2014, 07:07 PM
Then make a decision. It seems like they have been occasionally throwing out trial balloons. Make the call.

It isnt alwats that easy

bobcat91
06-08-2014, 07:10 PM
It isnt alwats that easy

They why is he getting paid to make those decisions?

Jacksondevildog
06-08-2014, 07:12 PM
I think what is slowing us down is the decision to either keep the current facility and make major renovations or completely build a new facility. I'm not sure what my thoughts are on that.

TheRef
06-08-2014, 07:13 PM
Everyone just needs to chill out for a bit about DNF...he'll get it done and he'll get it done correctly.

Esmerelda Villalobos
06-08-2014, 07:17 PM
Face palm

ShotgunDawg
06-08-2014, 07:22 PM
Scott is still fighting his nature to try to halfass it and go cheap -- when everyone attached to the architecture team and most of our fans know exactly what needs to happen...

Tech's stadium is better than ours right now. Not as high of capacity, I'm sure, but better.

HAHA, you talk about stadiums you have never been to. Tech's stadium is brutal. It all tin, is small, and has little atmosphere. TCU's is slightly better, but nowhere near an SEC West quality of facility. DNF blow both of these stadiums away in size and impressiveness. I agree, we need a new stadium, to compete with LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M, and Alabama, but TCU's and TT's stadium are not good.

Todd4State
06-08-2014, 07:23 PM
Basically all of our money and focus has gone into the football improvements. Once that completes, more focus will be put on Dudy Noble. I wish we would have announced something more concrete last summer after our national title runner up run. The momentum was great and I thought that they would announce something at that event that we had at Dudy Noble with the team. The money is there. Im ready to see some drawings/sketches.

I'm actually glad he didn't do that after the CWS run last year. It would have definitely been halfassed at that point. We had a rough year compared to last year, but the momentum is still pretty good and we're bringing in our best recruiting class under Cohen thus far in 2016.

Todd4State
06-08-2014, 07:25 PM
The football stuff has been a big obstacle. Not that we didn't need that- but we've built a football facility and enclosed Scott Field in the past two years. Those are two massive projects. The team winning has caused Dudy-Noble to be brought to the forefront unexpectedly.

engie
06-08-2014, 08:00 PM
HAHA, you talk about stadiums you have never been to. Tech's stadium is brutal. It all tin, is small, and has little atmosphere. TCU's is slightly better, but nowhere near an SEC West quality of facility. DNF blow both of these stadiums away in size and impressiveness. I agree, we need a new stadium, to compete with LSU, Ole Miss, Arkansas, Texas A&M, and Alabama, but TCU's and TT's stadium are not good.

lol, k...